Mass reporting carries in chat

If it is a guild group, then yes you should.

Spam is spam, regardless if it’s a guild group or not.

And spam is against the EULA.

2 Likes

Lets be real, someone like that isn’t just talking about spam
 they will report anyone selling a carry. People like that need a nice ban for false reporting.

1 Like

I mean I would imagine this would be the next logical step given people are translating what blizzard said incorrectly. So you would punish the ones that mass report legit sellers, yet as per usual it is against the EULA and ToS but its barely enforced.

I’m just selling my drums here

3 Likes

Explain the difference of a squelch and a silence to me then. A squelch makes me unable to talk in chat, same as a silence, and is automated. The only difference is they don’t stack, which isn’t the issue.

The problem is that regardless of whether I break ToS or not, I can be prevented from talking in chat if enough people want me to be. When did this game become ruled by mob mentality? How would you like if I got a bunch of people to report literally everything you say in any chat channel as spam? I could even say, and get my friends to say, that we believe typing a message more than once a day is spam. Now we aren’t false reporting apparently either judging by the responses in this thread. This system is a joke, it has been since it was implemented. How Blizzard ever thought that giving this sort of power to every random player in an mmo was a good idea I’ll never know.

Garbage like this is why I no longer talk in game. I don’t like the idea that if I say literally anything I can be prevented from speaking if others wish me to be. Lets say I type “I love milk” in trade chat. A bunch of lactose intolerant people are triggered and report me and I get squelched. Thats good game design right?

1 Like

A squelch is automatically applied when reports meet a threshhold and your chat is completely locked down until a GM can look at the reports, if you are found innocent it is lifted with no Black Mark on your account. No email is sent and you can go on your way.

NOW, if you are Silenced, it means a GM looked at the logs and found there was violations and they DO look at past history. A Black Mark is added to your account and you get a template email stating that you was found in violation. The first punishment starts at 24 hours, and doubles each time, at some point they start suspending the account after repeated punishments.

This article explains what you can and cannot do when Silenced

So if your are getting an email, that means you are Silenced and you’ll need to appeal it. If you are squelched and then it drops off and no email is received, then you are good. I rather NOT have a Black Mark on my account than being able to chat for a few hours or so.

So a squelch makes it so I can’t post in chat, and is automated, which is the problem. The short term punishment for both is exactly the same.

In other words I can be punished for not breaking any rules. Cool.

1 Like

So you ignored what I said on the second paragraph then?

Your second paragraph didn’t matter. No one here is concerned with long term punishments. Its the fact that you can be punished short term for no reason at all.

If Blizzard wants this system to be automated it needs adjusting.

Spam needs to be defined and made impossible to do via repeated messages. There is currently a ~45 sec wait to post more than 2 messages. If posting messages this often can be seen as “spam” then Blizzard simply needs to lengthen that time frame.

Language needs to check to see if the person actually posted foul language or not. (I don’t agree with this as reportable in the first place since the game has a filter, but I digress)

Cheating needs to be reviewed by a gm before any action is taken.

Name reports should be similar to cheating and language reports, if its not a swear word, or does not contain a list of words prohibited by Blizzard, it needs to be reviewed by a gm before action is taken.

The fact that 15 (I think this is the number) people can just decide, I don’t want this person to type anymore for awhile, and have been given a tool by Blizzard to accomplish this, is just crazy to me.

TLDR if Blizzard wants it automated then fix the automation system. 15 randos should not determine whether or not I can type in the game or not, only Blizzard should have that power.

1 Like

It matters very much, and your comprehension is quite lacking too. But then again, its what I’d expect from someone pushing an agenda.

2 Likes

The agenda that automatic punishments are a horrible idea that will be massively abused?

2 Likes

Ya’ll have being whining and pushing that narative about this since 2016. It hasn’t changed and doesn’t likely look like it will either.

Just because something has been really bad for 6 years doesn’t mean we can’t be asking for it to be changed.

Factions haven’t been able to group together for over 17 years now. Look at 9.2.5. Sometimes things change if enough people want them to.

1 Like

True, then you just said it, it took 17 years for Blizzard to acquiesce to cross faction play. Perhaps there isn’t enough you guys to change Blizzards minds. ALSO every time you guys post on the CS forums about this, a Blue comes in and flat out tells you what you said and why you deserved it. So maybe you are not as innocent as you think you are.

1 Like

They also overturn squelches all the time because they review the chat logs and see there was no wrong doing. I’m not talking about the people who get reported and actually did something wrong. I’m talking about the people who do nothing wrong, and punished anywhere from a few hours to 3 days for absolutely no reason.

I recieved a 3 day forum suspension last year for a “real life threat” after posting a cropped screenshot of an in-game damage number. You know where your character dies and the recap button shows you what killed you? I requested an appeal, but ticket times were an average 3 to 4 day wait. By the time a gm was reviewing my ticket my suspension had ended. He closed the ticket and removed the penalty from my account history. Nothing there changes the fact that I was unable to post on the forums for 3 days because a troll and his buddy (I know who they were because they bragged about reporting me in the thread I posted in) decided to try and get me suspended for no reason. No idea whether those players were ever punished or not (hopefully they were) but nothing changes the fact that the system was abused and I was punished by it.

2 Likes

Yeah right. I don’t believe you. You already proved to me that you are willing to fudge details and misrepresent what what said. Also, Real Life Threats get a minimum of 6 months at least, or full account closure if proven. 3 days? Unlikely.

Don’t really care if you do or not. It happened and I have no reason to lie.

Where did I do this?

My email said real life threat, and the suspension was for 3 days. Not sure what else to tell you. As I said a gm closed my ticket as resolved without ever talking to me.

When I explained the difference between a Silence and Squelch. You cherry picked to prove your point.

Sorry buddy, you word isn’t worth squat. Especially on a online forum.

Like I said, it smells

then I hope you cop a perma ban . Thats what I would do to all those who make false reports

2 Likes