Mass reporting carries in chat

Is Blizzard going to ban people who are mass reporting people selling heroic/mythic/m+ sales as an INDIVIDUAL or a GUILD in trade chat?

Multiple people are spamming saying they’re reporting EVERYONE who posts an ad now and these people should be banned for false reporting, correct? Does blizzard have metrics in place to track # of reports made by an account in a short period of time?

20 Likes

That might be organic, honestly. I could see a dozen or more people being annoyed with an advertisement that’s trying to be eye-catching, especially on RP servers.

12 Likes

You are posting on a forum of multi account reporting bots.

You will not last long in the hive without back up.

There’s peps that brag about 8 accounts at one time here on the forum. They must be in game as well.

5 Likes

As I read it, this is what the new policy boils down to:

If you’re selling carries or boosts as an in-game entity, you’re fine. Just don’t spam chat.

If you’re selling carries or boosts as an outside organization that’s actively trying to make money (or really, money via gold), stop.

11 Likes

poof positive that people are idiotic karens

16 Likes

People can report whatever they want. What do you care?

They aren’t going to ban people for posting carries for gold on their own server. They SPECIFICALLY said that is still ok.

4 Likes

Wrong, it’s an automated system so if you get reported enough times by trolls you get banned.

13 Likes

Not really, if the people are not maliciously reporting and knowing said person/persons are an individual or guild from said server there’d be no reason to. Blizzard is also very lax on people using squelch on chat they don’t want to see if the person thinks it’s disruptive to their gameplay.

LOL. Where did you pull that nonsense from?

No account action is automated in this game.

4 Likes

And you are quite wrong. If you get reported enough times, you get squelched. There is no Autoban.

5 Likes

From my email just now:

BattleTag: Exziled#1656
Game: World of Warcraft®

Action(s) Taken:
Account Silenced

Violation: Abusive Chat

Your fellow players reported you for abusive language multiple times.

Due to these player reports, we have silenced your World of Warcraft account until 2022 February 07 18:39 UTC. For more information, please visit our Account Silence article.

lol you’re gonna get banned here too if you post that 300 times.

10 Likes

You weren’t banned, just silenced. Appeal it. Dude, you got a week? Maybe stop running your mouth would help.

21 Likes

LOL silencing someone who isn’t breaking ToS is cool so people can type anal [item] in trade chat amirite

5 Likes

until they get silenced, yes

6 Likes

Why are you whining here and not appealing it?

7 Likes

It takes like 10 seconds to appeal it… and you literally can’t do anything while silenced you do realize that correct? You can’t use LFG or anything so the game is effectively unplayable for a week.

I hope so.

3 Likes

Doesn’t bother me any, I don’t run my mouth in game. If you got a week already, means you have a history of running your mouth.

10 Likes

Actually I do not. I was “warned” in game 10 minutes before I got silenced after I posted my message again. That’s why the situation is out of hand, you get banned very very quickly with this automated system even if they are unwarranted.

2 Likes