Marksman is the new meta

This a second time hunters been have been nerfed in phase 1 . Are Blizzard done with nerfing hunters ? Most hunters would like to know ? If Blizzard decides to keep nerfing hunters , than players might as well delete their character because hunters will be useless in pvp and pve .

That is still not what you said. You said:

This is objectively false, as the blue post states. I dont care that these are nerfed abilities, they were just buffed as compensation.

If you’re going to try and use my line at least put 2% effort into being mildly correct

This a second time hunters been have been nerfed in phase 1

Uh, in the past one week, sure. We’ve had… idk… 8 or so nerfs now? if not more

1 Like

Whats the talent build people are playing as MM? I’m assuming no one is taking Aimed Shot (since its trash and takes like 3 seconds to cast)

they were just buffed as compensation.

The compensation being a ~3% damage buff on a rune no one uses (CS) because it’s just objectively worse than BM rune / mana cost reduction that is completely irrelevant as you didn’t go OOM anyways for a 12%+ pet nerf

Whats the talent build people are playing as MM? I’m assuming no one is taking Aimed Shot (since its trash and takes like 3 seconds to cast)

MM is bad. If you really want to run it go 5/11 (5 Imp AotH then mana cost reduc, crit strike chance, aimed shot talents). You prepull with Aimed Shot then never use it again.

Wouldn’t the +% crit damage point in Mortal Shots be more worth than Aimed Shot?

Wether its enough or not i dont know/care, but you were compensated. How you’ll survive being 3rd on the dps charts, only God knows. I’ll pray for you’re poor, beaten class

Wether its enough or not i dont know/care, but you were compensated. How you’ll survive being 3rd on the dps charts, only God knows. I’ll pray for you’re poor, beaten class

Feral druid is set to overtake hunter in all percentiles, and at max percentiles hunter now sits at 5th. As the only pure DPS class and the best early scaling class

2 Likes

Maybe i’ll reroll to playing Paladin that way Blizzard will have to nerf Paladins since i will be playing Paladin . Other players who played hunters will follow . I would love to 1 hit everyone .

Wouldn’t the +% crit damage point in Mortal Shots be more worth than Aimed Shot?

That’s on a different row.

Oh true, you right. Yea nothing in that 3rd row seems good at all. You could technically go into survival and take either Huminoid slaying or Monster slaying for flat 1% dmg buff.

On a sidenote they really should remove the cast time on Aimed shot.

You could technically go into survival and take either Huminoid slaying or Monster slaying for flat 1% dmg buff.

Baron is an elemental, Ghamoo-ra a beast, and Aku’mai a beast (other 4 are Humanoids) so really you’re only getting that 1% damage buff for 4 bosses (or 2 if you go beast). Pre-pulling with Aimed Shot is always going to out damage that, at least currently

Removing Aimed cast time would make it too busted in PvP probably and way too strong in PvE

I dont think so, I’m seeing my Aimed shots hitting like 180, but Chimera after buffs is hitting like 260+ crits.

We were not compensated though

Bm rune is still the best option and bm rune cannot be used with chimera shot or explosive shot.

So its a 12% total nerf to hunter dps (was around a 28% nerf to pets damage) with no actual buff.

The bm rune is much closer to the performance of chimera/explosive shot but their fix was to make all glove runes bad.

IF they wanted to actually put power back into the hunter we should have also seen buffs to leg runes (cant really buff chest runes as lion is mandatory) to actually compensate for the damage loss.

But they didnt do that.

This isnt exact math but bm rune is still about 5-10% better than the other glove rune options. Unless the fight is extreamly short, then chimera wins because mana management isnt a concern, and even then its only like 1% ahead, just barely.

Explosive shot wins out if there is regularly 5+ targets to cleave off of, but thats not how 99% of boss fights work.

And carve is well… why does the melee option do less damage than the ranged option AND cost more mana? The CDs are the same so…

But bottom line, they didnt actually compensate hunters at all for this nerf.

1 Like

My favorite thing about my post is how many bad pvpers jumped into chat. One of them uses the excuse of hunters being one of the top dps in pve which can be said about half of all classes. another complains about wind serpent that does less damage then a geared hunter auto shot. They can delete the wind serpent for all anyone cares. Every time they will complain about the next hunter pet because they only do pvp and they are bad at it. I have done pvp and most pugs will lone wolf the battlefield and target the pet and try a 1v1 it kill it but get demolished by the hunter.

1 Like

Sure, but they aren’t mutually exclusive. AiS is a 6 sec CD, if it’s doing 180 damage that’s roughly a 30 DPS increase in PvE, and then you could cast it while moving in PvP

I also swapped over to MM, I like it personally. Chim Shot hits pretty hard and can be used on the move so that’s nice. The main issue I have is that you are pretty much dead if a melee gets on top of you.

They need to add a way for MM hunters to peel off a melee if melee are going to have runes like warbringer and between the eyes. A BM Hunter can at least melee with the pet also shredding them to fight back but a MM Hunter’s pet is doing like 1/3 the DPS.

Don’t you still want to use Lion or was someone else in your raid using it?

yes, please.

yeah BM is still good. Less DPS sure but it’s fine for anyone outside of those that want to be the top with parses I guess.

I dont think this would be a bad thing though considering Hunter is already far behind Warrior/rogue in the charts etc. 30 dps increase won’t bridge that gap.

In Raid I would agree BM is better then Chimera shot if you have no other hunter with Aspect of the Lion. If you have a hunter with it Chimera shot is better for your dps. Doesn’t change the fact that BM Talent tree is not worth pursuing.

You always run AotL. No other chest rune competes