Man'ari Questline *Spoilers*

I dunno, that’s your problem to figure out. I assumed it came with the territory of playing an “unwelcomed outsider” concept.

2 Likes

SW has been mostly awesome actually. With people actually picking sides. So yeah, kind of settles that dilemma for me personally :smile_cat:

Can’t wait for the RPers to pretend it’s racism for people to not like man’ari.

They already are XD

Not surprised.

It’s not racist to dislike people for the actions they did.

You know that Turaylon respect Velen right and if asked will likely allow Man’ari in SW? Until told other wise I will assume any Alliance city is (relatively)safe for Man’ari in the same way it is safe for Illidari/Death knight/void elves/dark irons/worgens.

It really shouldn’t be. Void elves have done basically nothing to any of the Alliance races.

Man’ari on the other hand should just straight up be kill on sight by night elves. Probably most Draenei would want to kill them too.

My two cents on the questline and Man’ari being allowed into Alliance cities: it’s canon that they’re allowed in because Blizzard unlocked the option and added an intro quest to explain how they’ve joined the Alliance. This is just Dark Rangers again.

Sometimes I think we wear the ‘it must be fully explained and shown by the dev team’ hat a little too tightly. It needs to be remembered that World of Warcraft is nearly twenty years old now and Blizzard Entertainment is not the titan it once was. We’ve repeatedly had instances of cut or unfinished content over the last few expansions and we should be seeing this for what it is: a cheap bone they’ve thrown to the roleplaying, transmog collection and alt making communities.

Man’ari Eredar aren’t an expansion box feature like the allied races were and they aren’t part of the core content that’s being hammered out right now. It’s likely that more was planned for them (in fact I’d wager good money on it) and the content was delivered to us in a half completed or ‘good enough’ state because the team working on it got pulled to work on the next major patch or expansion. That’s why we don’t have any big intro piece of them actually joining the Alliance, it’s Blizz leaving us to make the logical assumptions on our own with the things they’ve given us.

The same was the case with Dark Rangers, they’re in and canon because Blizzard added them in as a player customization option and gave a little bit of lore for them rejoining the Alliance via an avenue that was opened but they simply didn’t have the dev resources to flesh it out fully by adding NPCs or a storyline and never thought to go back to flesh out that old content because a new expac was demanding their time.

So, yeah, they’re in and canon, people don’t have to like them being in the capital cities but they shouldn’t be attacked outright or denied entry to areas, they’re likely under the same kind of entry conditions as the Death Knights and the Illidari and attacks against law abiding Man’ari would be met in the same way as attacks against these other entities, with the instigator being hauled off by the city guard to cool off in the stockades.

2 Likes

For RP I find that People tend to ignore inconvenient bits of the lore, otherwise DKs and DHs would not be sitting in town, nor would I see warlocks walking around town with their demonic buddies.

6 Likes

It will die down sooner rather than later. The same hatred happened when worgen, death knights, illidari, void elves and Darkfallen were made playable

A month later and nobody cares.

1 Like

I have to agree, especially since they lowkey hype the Man’ari as being WoW’s first playable demons… which is an odd thing to say for a customization option since those that generate a reaction from NPCs like a race or class has.

1 Like

Nobody cares once they become common enough in player groups. People look at the red Draenei and forget they’re looking at a demon. They think - He good dps? Heals? Tank? That’s all that players care about or if they have a nice transmod.

Illidari Demon Hunters and Death Knights have become more or less accepted. Night Elves are too desperate not to accept their people be they demon corrupted or undead. When Maiev is okay with a mage in her party. That says all we need to know about Kaldorei sentiments.

1 Like

Not to mention that they may have had no idea about Azeroth; that a world that resisted the Legion actually existed.

When you see no other power in the Universe besides the one you serve, it is pretty easy to be afraid for one’s existence and well-being.

I wonder more about the corrupting effects of fel. Maybe fel twisted the minds of even the unwilling to crave more power rather than stop serving Sargeras.

5 Likes

Plus I’m sure there must have been a few who…resisted the legion or engineered disasters and made sure the legion was slowed.

The DH and Warlock order hall does show that not every demon was happy with how Sargeras was running things and defected. Hell, even Illidan had legion defectors while he was lord of Outland.

6 Likes

I fully agree with you here. The Azeroth that exists in RP world shouldn’t be conflated too much with the world we as players explore, in my opinion. There’s always, always going to be an unreasonable concentration of unlikely groups in the major hub: this is true of literally any MMO, and it’s quite literally impossible to avoid. I’d say that if someone doesn’t want to engage with it, they’re better off avoiding public RP themselves. It’s a medium that draws people in for casual timewasting because it’s loosey-goosey with the rules.

Honestly, it’s no worse than any number of things that have become permissible and commonplace over the years. If you’re not approaching public RP with the most casual mindset possible, you’re kinda doing it wrong. The fact you can log on and have a silly long-winded philosophical debate with a Man’ari in a bar is part of the appeal, even if it’s not exactly my cup of tea.

Canonically, my guess is they’ll be relegated to the shadows for quite a while, and Blizzard will use the Heritage to further expand on their role in draenei society. But I don’t blame people for wanting to, y’know, actually get to RP their characters.

4 Likes

Oh right, so just more examples that demons could defect.

I know what you mean. When I RP with my Death Knight, I make sure to keep clear of Darnassus or be careful wandering around certain other Horde or Alliance places.

The tweet that was linked implies otherwise. Maybe they forgot?

I know Illidan remarks about the PC DH having a demonic soul if you sacrifice yourself to open one of the portals while on marduum

1 Like