Man'ari Questline *Spoilers*

Manipulating things on a grand scale is not the same as personal surveillance for thousands of individuals.

It is if it falls within “the Plan”. And someday, when Blizzard decides it’s time to bring Denathrius back, we’ll find out what that “Plan” was this whole time and it’ll be just as stupid as The Jailer’s “there’s an even bigger baddie than me!”

1 Like

I really hope not.

Heritage quest should be about the Exodar Draenei and only the Exodar Draenei. I’m tired of Draenei getting content and it’s always some other group. No AU Draenei, no lightforged Draenei, no man’ari, no Argus broken.

Just the Exodar Draenei and broken.

See: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You can keep ignoring how Blizzard has written the Legion’s hierarchy since the beginning and the new lore on Dreadlords and Sire Denathrius that was introduced in Shadowlands all you want. But that’s how they’ve always portrayed it.

Until we find some enclave of Man’ari hiding on some remote rock in the Nether, the only people we’ve seen escape the Legion were a handful of individuals who went into hiding for fear of being found and killed.

Until you give me evidence of that, I have no reason to assume the Dreadlords weren’t the masters of propaganda and manipulation that Blizzard has portrayed them as for twenty years.

So what you’re saying is it’s possible to defect. Blizzard could have chosen to show in the questline that Man’ari defected and were hiding somewhere in the Nether. They chose instead to show one who was in the process of defecting AFTER the Legion fell.

My dude, your argument falls apart on itself. “The Dreadlords are infallible masters of manipulation (except in these instances where we see they failed to stop individuals from defecting) BUT THAT CAN NEVER HAPPEN WITH THE MAN’ARI because the Dreadlords are masters of manipulation!”

I’m trying to point out how if Blizzard REALLY wanted to sell the story they were trying to tell, there were ways to go about it that a handful (enough to justify player characters) of Man’ari already defected years ago but were waiting for the right time to try to come back to the Draenei.

I don’t think the point of the questline was to create a group of manari that defected earlier. They’re not meant to be liked, or likeable, character options.

2 Likes

Then they shouldn’t be allowed in major cities XD

Kil’jaedan did not need to be omnipotent. He just had to convince his underlings that not only he was able to find out if you defected, but that he would hunt you down to the ends of the universe and deliver horrific torments upon you. They knew he would, they witnessed his constant hunt of the Draenei for millennia. For most people, the assurance that you would be hunted down and tormented was enough to keep them in line.

3 Likes

Was never my argument. I laid out WHY the whole “I was ordered to” excuse is being used in context of the Legion’s hierarchy and that Dreadlords are masters of manipulation and propaganda. Every Man’ari we encounter is either wholeheartedly a Sargarite fanatic or someone who was just too afraid to say no.

If that’s how you want to interpret the story, that’s on you. I interpreted it as a single Man’ari has been awakened to the knowledge that Sargaras is not unbeatable. That there WAS another path he COULD have gone, but because he was afraid of what would happen to him he couldn’t see that path until now.

Yeah, they were so scared that even though they strongly objected to what they were doing, none of them were brave enough to face the prospect of death rather than continue to commit genocide.

I cannot roll my eyes far enough back.

Canonically they shouldn’t, you’re right. At best, they’re stuck being the draenei’s dirty little secret. I think that as long as NPCs aren’t added in public areas outside of the Exodar, it should be fine. Otherwise, they fall under the same gameplay handwaving that most player warlocks do where you just have to ignore any demons that are currently summoned.

1 Like

OK, glad we agree on that, at least. Blizzard chose not to write it in a way that they actually deserve to walk openly in the streets of Stormwind. That’s my beef with the questline. If they wanted it to be clandestine, it should have been explicit in the quest “HEY DO NOT GO TO STORMWIND THEY WILL KILL YOU” (even if that doesn’t happen) or have all the NPCs react negatively to them.

It is very easy for us to make that judgement while not being placed in an analogous one. Fear for one’s own life, and that of one’s family is enough to drive an individual to commit some pretty horrific deeds.

Also? It is worth noting death is only the start of your problems if you make a Legion Lord mad. They can literally torment you forever as a shattered soul burning in a fel engine.

and yeah they should be recieved badly. at the least they should get the ol DK welcome with some rotten fruit.

2 Likes

I figured that should go without saying, haha. I’d imagine anyone willingly RPing their red-nei in a place like Stormwind is either an idiot or intentionally looking for trouble, since their mere existence is psychologically harmful and they’re selfishly putting their own needs over others by doing it.

IDK, someone who would choose to commit genocide over their own pain seems like a really dookie kind of person.

1 Like

For tens of thousands of years the Legion didn’t know where the Draenei were. Immediately when the Legion found the Draenei, they persecuted their act of revenge against them. Then the Draenei lost the Legion again, but only for a period of a few decades between Draenor and then fleeing to Azeroth.

Fleeing elsewhere, sure. Where are they going to flee to? Who knows if there exists enclaves of Eredar refugees out there in the cosmos, unreachable by us. Who’s to say that didn’t happen? We wouldn’t know. It is almost certain that Kil’jaedin probably hunted them down as well, had agents looking for them, bounty hunters like Imonar probably still out there hunting for them.

Yes and the fact that they risked everything to leave is indicative of true regret and dissent, not “Well, the masters are gone now so maybe we shouldn’t be such bad people anymore”

Ok.

Here’s the thing though, the ultimate thing that everyone has to grapple with “You should’ve done things differently” doesn’t matter to now. The Eredar are where they are now, offering to do good even if they aren’t forgiven. Nobody said they had to be forgiven. Or that they don’t acknowledge themselves to be bad people.

But “idk, a better person would just do it differently” kind of ignores the elemental potential of evil in all people and the circumstances of a god showing up and telling you that there exists a great darkness and will consume all, and the only way to stop it is to deprive it of chances to corrupt. I’m not asking you to believe that is right, I’m asking you to believe that someone in that circumstance could believe it is right.

Where are we supposed to RP then? In some capital like the Exodar that people hardly ever use?

World RP is dead and has been for years now

1 Like