Man'ari Questline *Spoilers*

I find it hard to believe that Turalyon, or any of the Alliance leaders for that fact, would be willing to let Man’ari anywhere near their cities. If anything, they should be kept at the Exodar.

There’s no quest, dialogue, or anything anywhere that alludes to the Man’ari being accepted into the Alliance at all… so… generally disappointed in this entire thing, lol.

Plus, we are talking about a world of literal magic. I guess Kil’jaeden can see peoples thoughts, Sargeres is a basically a God by every metric that can cleave a planet in half on a whim. We aren’t talking about normal situations.

Also none of this seems to apply to Orcs, who in two timelines did a genocide, once not even with Demonic tricks and magic, just some Rando-Orc they never heard of giving a speech and showing them an edited vision.

This is true, and that much is actually said by the Man’ari that Velen speaks to. They followed orders because even though they had doubts, Kil’jaeden would sense them and punish them for their disloyalty. So there was definitely an ‘order through fear’ aspect to the Man’ari when the Legion was rampaging.

I figure they will respect Velen if he vouches for them. He’s a trusted figure within the Alliance, especially when it comes to matters of the Light and the Burning Legion, so if he is willing to put his own reputation on the line, I expect that’s good enough for the other leaders.

6 Likes

Sadly the Orcs as depicted seem so bloody obsessed with combat and the “glory/honor” it brings that the idea of noncombatants barely even comes up… I’d be seriously interested in a study about how this came about as a cultural trait because I’m having a hard time justifying this level of hyper-warrior culture surviving as a viable trait, though perhaps it’s just the timing of the events… actually that might work.

The Orcs as a people could have been on the cusp of collapsing under the weight of their own warmongering ways only to be given an out, another planet and people to wage war upon, that meant they didn’t need to change something they saw as an inherent aspect of themselves… instead of you know facing reality and accepting that perhaps their warmongering wasn’t such a positive trait.

Orcs despise the idea of weaknesss and most clans weren’t very kind to those who couldn’t fight, the only examples of this we have are Draka who’s clan was relatively nice and let her live long enough to get strong, Gul’dan who was born deformed and his clan kept him barely alive and a mention by blackhand that his clan just kills any babies who seem weak

You just described ancient Sparta, a nation that ended up falling on its face and turning itself into a tourist attraction glorifying a fantasy version of their own history, after other nations learned to do more than just fight wars.

Which is kind of my point. Imagine ancient Sparta just after it’s lost its final major battle in real history. Except instead of them crawling back home, banging their shields and trying to pretend they aren’t relics of the past, someone shows up with a gift. A free ride to a land where they will again be the powerful and they can regain their glory… the Spartans I read about would pack up and take off.

2 Likes

Draka’s Clan was one of the only two(the other being the Laughing Skulls) that defied the Iron Horde and was also one of the 2 nice Clans with the other being the Shadowmoon Clan(the Clan that adopted the aforementioned cripple Gul’dan after his original Clan was destroyed by his own hands) which only joined the Iron Horde out of fear for it’s existence and even then there were some Exiles who joined the Draenei in defying the Iron Horde.

its also kinda like the myth that stone age tribes wouldn’t take care of their weak and disabled despite all the evidence to the contrary

3 Likes

Good point, though I think we should use another evil regime when referring to the “just following orders” defense, like Stalin’s, Mao Zedong’s or the Kim Dynasty.

Germany’s ruling government during World War 2 weren’t the only murderous tyrants of the 20th century.

1 Like

I mean, it doesn’t matter which army you use, including both the American army and the Australian army. All armies of the modern day have committed atrocities under justification of ‘just following orders’. There seriously isn’t a military in the world that hasn’t.

That doesn’t make the atrocities comparable by any means, but the excuse has been used to deflect responsibility regardless.

5 Likes

I just think using the Third Reich is overdone. There are plenty of other evil regimes in history, some with just as much or even more blood on their hands than them, and they’re pretty much becoming the online equivalent of Voldemort (having to call them bywords or “you know who”).

Can’t blame people for bringing it up. I mean, when you think about wartime atrocities, what’s the first military that immediately pops into your head?

Probably WW2 Germany yeah?

Because every single year every country that fought against them during WW2 has a big celebration to remember when they beat them. It’s drilled into our minds from the moment we start our education into history.

Actually, for me it’s either the US military for the My Lai Massacre or the Japanese military (Japan’s Unit 731 had death camps committing depravities even Auschwitz didn’t do - warning it is GRUESOME).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Eh, fair. I suppose for most folks it’s Germany though, all things considered.

Sometimes the media focuses on them so much it’s as if they’re trying to hide that other evil groups and regimes have existed.

Of course, there’s no question or denial of the evil of that German regime started by a certain Austrian-born guy who ruined the image of the brush mustache.

It’s like that line from Jaws. You shout Baracuda people look around, you shout shark you got a crisis on your hands on the fourth of July.

Well, you bring up the japanese 731st and people shrug and grunt.

1 Like

They did horrendous things. I saw one uncensored image from the war that really messed me up. They dehumanized the Chinese so much.

And that’s why I don’t click on spoiler reddit images anymore.

I thought it was an immortal soul the DH players had?

its immortal cause it is demonic, all demons are immortal

1 Like

Some Demon Hunters have immortal Demon Souls like Illidan does (your player is one of them, which is a nice way to explain why you keep coming back from the dead). But most others don’t. So when they die, they’re dead for good.

3 Likes