Man'ari Questline *Spoilers*

The quest ended more on a The best you can hope for is that you prove too useful to kill off vibe to me. That’s how I read it anyway

Hell, even azrael admits he can never be truly forgiven for his actions. The best most man’ari can do is forge a new path forward and try to prove that they’re repentant

2 Likes

Maybe that’s the vibe they’re trying to achieve, but I didn’t feel that personally. We’ll have to see how things play out, no doubt when the Draenei get their Heritage Armor.

4 Likes

I was going to mention that actually. Hoping the heritage armor quest touches on it, even if it’s brief.

They managed to touch upon all the important orc clans during the orc quest line. No reason something similar can’t be done with the Draenei

2 Likes

You said right there heritage armor. It is clear Hatuun and Krokul have made progress in retaking Argus. Yet The Man’ari small group are reconsidering what path they took and befriended Hatuun. Not to mention put an olive branch to Velen. More than likely Velen and his people will rescue The Krokul and The Man’ari; almost mirroring how they fled Argus.

My guess for fleeing Argus would be it is getting uninhabitable with the thousands of years of fel corrupting the planet.

I really hope the Draenei heritage quest is not about man’ari in anyway. It should focus on the Draenei.

4 Likes

As much as I agree, I have a feeling Blizzard disagrees. I don’t think the Man’ari questline should’ve had anything to do with Velen and the Draenei. That’s why I would RP my Man’ari with the Black Harvest backstory.

Makes vastly more sense that the Man’ari would go to the Council as a matter of self-preservation… not going to Velen with this vague “we were only following orders” trope.

There’s a Man’ari warlock NPC in the Exodar following this update, so I suppose Velen did in fact allow the Man’ari to return with him to Azeroth and integrate into Draenei society. Pathetic.

I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again: the writers are very selective with the speed at which certain plots advance - where some plots will move at a snail’s pace being dragged on for years with an underwhelming outcome, other plots move at lightning speed with expedited outcomes that feel unearned and unbelievable.

4 Likes

I’ve found playing as a Man’ari both amusing and lore breaking.

I found the quests… lacking. There is no excuse for over 10,000 years of galactic genocide. Take the worst things that hve happened on planet earth. Pretend it covered the entire world. Then expand that to every planet in the galaxy sans a single one. That’s Azeroth. The perpetrators are Man’ari.

Playing Man’ari is amusing from an RP and storytelling perspective but… palling around with the Alliance is weird.

At most I think they should be Horde, renegade Man’ari would fit in with the “outcasts who band together” that the original Horde was. Not perfectly- they manipulated Orcs- but I feel with the ARMY OF LIGHT basically in charge of the Alliance renegade Manari would have no place. Especially as, with their likely ages, many of those Manari hunted many currently alive Draenei, and killed their friends, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, etc.

The man’ari in the quest even says as much if you do it as a Draenei. Fully admits to having Draenei blood on his hands.

Velen may be willing to tolerate their existence, but the idea that Draenei as a society would integrate these mass murdering monsters back in is insane.

Honestly annoyed I wasn’t allowed to just kill him during the quest line.

1 Like

As much as I agree, I have a feeling Blizzard disagrees. I don’t think the Man’ari questline should’ve had anything to do with Velen and the Draenei. That’s why I would RP my Man’ari with the Black Harvest backstory.
Makes vastly more sense that the Man’ari would go to the Council as a matter of self-preservation… not going to Velen with this vague “we were only following orders” trope.

100% agree. Akiril here and my “head canon” for this Man’ari is basically that she ended up weakened post Legion fall and was summoned just like a common demon and enslaved, like an imp, Felguard, Wrathguard, etc. I mean, Wrathguards are said to be Man’ari anyways.

So she is basically a summon of my Undead Lock, who was my first toon, and is his “spy on the inside” of the Alliance with her own group of demons that she can summon.

Basically a Warlock MLM scheme!

Make sure to get in on the groundfloor. If you get at least five warlocks below you you become a Super Duper Warlock and get some super residuals! Let me sign you up hun!

I’m lowkey also annoyed that there is no dialogue at all with them. I know it is not even a half patch and it isn’t a race just a skin but…

lots of cut corners.

We don’t get the “Fel Hands” that whatshisface does. We don’t get anything.

All four of my previous mains had something awesome. Monly, my Warlock from Vanilla. Warlocks were hated. They met in basements. It was clear they weren’t liked.

Tyreana, my main from BC. You felt like a Blood Knight. You collected insignias of the fallen. You did all kinds of things which emphasised yes, you were a Belf. Yes, you were a Paladin. But you were a BLOOD KNIGHT regardless of your official class.

Keyalios, my DK, whom I played from WotLK to Dragonflight. You enter Org and you get crap thrown at you. You are hated. In Shadowlands, as bad as it is, you have some extra dialogue (though I didn’t get that runeblade, which annoys me). Everywhere you turn the fact you are a fallen hero trying to be good is thrown in your face.

Akiril, my dracthyr. People are rightfully freaked out that a dragon, made by Neltharion (though many don’t know that part), is walking around.

Then this one, who isn’t a main admittedly. I walk around, no one bats an eye. I’m a “Draenei”. No I’m not, I likely killed legions of draenei. I’m part of a race that masterminded the corruption of the Orcs and the slaughtering of THE ENTIRE GALAXY.

But it’s okay. It’s all forgotten. Velen says we have further to go but we are welcome everywhere now. No one else in the Alliance has any say. Man’ari exist now. It’s so weird and just… incomplete.

Also please let me get those fel hands. Such a good customization, that is included with the toy, but that we don’t get for the characters themselves.

3 Likes

Side note: I will admit I am kinda invested. I resubbed for Man’ari because I feel like there is so much that could be done with them. But it’s… lacking.

My hope is that they just couldn’t break up the texture overlay they use for Man’ari into separate customizable bits and they’re going to drip feed more customizations over time.

(Totally unrelated but I really like your mog!)

1 Like

I am tempted to make not a man’arai but the descendant of them. Removed a couple of generations, which is why he lacks fel cracks and whatnot—His skin is akin to green orc skin but far more extreme in duration. He has to grapple with the sins of his forebearers and distrust he never did anything to deserve aside for exist.

Sounds kinda boring and derivative of several Horde themes. Why not just be an actual Man’ari trying to make up for the many, many sins you committed?

Different strokes for different folks. And because I find the idea of being a participant in cosmic omnicide a bit much to even try to wrap ones head around the logistics of.

I doubt I’d even get around to it any time soon. The upcoming patch is all druid all the time.

Could always just lean into the idea that you simply can’t fathom the amount of lives you’ve taken. It’s very human to simply not be able to empathize on such a large scale.

1 Like

Thank you (my main here)! It’s literally just the Venthyr set but I think it works well. I am probably going to use this one for some zones when I am being more demoney https:// www. reddit .com/r/ Transmogrification/comments/g97o1v/lightforged_eredar_my_first_here_be_gentle/

and then the one I have now for when I want her to be “professional”.

I need to do alot of farming for old items, if I even have time to, but I appreciate how many nice looking sets are in the game now which don’t require a ton of it.

And totally agreed. Hopefully we get a drip feed!

1 Like

To be fair, I can’t blame people for not wanting to jump in on a character concept where you’re canonically responsible for genocide :boom: COUGHCOUGH :boom: but I think if you just wanted to be a descendant grappling with generational guilt, that’s something better served by regular draenei.

Only thing I take issue with is people trying to dictate others people fun or saying no new lore should ever be added in the future because they personally don’t like the man’ari being playable

7 Likes