Man this really sucks... Will Blizzard listen? Unofficial Mistweaver support group:

This is rude. Some people like playing casters? Its not about being lazy. I signed up for monk for the mistweaving, not the kicking. On release in MoP they could do that, just mistweave.

There is still a build for it now, but no reason to say strictly mistweaver players are lazy. I play a healer to heal and that is fine. No need to be rude about it.

Holy Pallys got Holy Power back recently. There is a chance for Chi to come back.

4 Likes

Sad, but true. Let us hope blizz will do something to help remedy this in two weeks.

Nope most of the complaints are people mad because they failed a mythic+ and instantly blame the spec for their failures or others.

The ā€œbring the old mistweaver backā€ has been a thing since legionā€™s pathetic rework and I even agree with it. But most of the forum complaints are not that. Donā€™t try to pull this card. It looks weak.

It is lazy. All healers should be dps-ing. For monk fistweaving happens to be the best healing style right now. Why not dps? If people didnā€™t treat monk like a Hpriest they wouldnā€™t have many of the problems they complain about. If youā€™re playing a mistweaver you canā€™t even chain cast in raid due to mana so what are you doing? You should always be doing dps if you are not healing.

Typically when you see a healer who doesnā€™t dps that means theyā€™re probably a bad healer. This usually works out to be true. Hpriest in general is a sign of a bad healer as well.

Ok, so in general an entire spec is a lazy bad healer.

They can toss out an occasional Smite or Pain. And yes if you are not healing, you can dps. But again like I said, some people play healers to heal. They like healing, thats why they made a healer. Design shifted a while back so dps is important even on healers, canā€™t deny that, but like all healers have a similar thing, resto shaman will use lava shock and burst and occasional LB, but they wonā€™t be casting a bunch of lightning bolt spams because generally theres not enough time. Holy priest can do a holy shock, pain, and some smites. Resto druid has their sun/moonfire and some wraths, its the same thing. I donā€™t understand why you blocked off Hpriest as lazy too.

I donā€™t like fistweaving, but love the aesthetic, theme, etc. of Mistweaver, Iā€™ve been playing it since MoP, I made a healer to heal, yes I will occasionally have to dps because of design decisions that I didnā€™t agree with in the first place. But calling an entire spec lazy because of that is disrespectful to say the least.

Either way for someone who wants more people to like monk, you are not being very inviting. You have said before across other threads that monk doesnā€™t need buffs and if they like the class they should play it, but then also say people who are mistweavers as opposed to fistweavers are lazy. But you also say:

You seem to really care about monk, but insulting people is not a good way to get people to your viewpoint.

1 Like

what part was insulting?

You still deal damage as a mistweaver. Even if you have ToM / upwelling you should still be doing a lil bit of damage. You arenā€™t GCD locked as a mistweaver.

Rdruid has boomchicken / catweaving. But also to be fair, they can actually cast non-stop and be GCD locked.

Hpriest is just a lazy worthless spec. OMG I cannot stand this spec. Why play hpriest if you have disc. Disc is the best healer by a mile. Its so amazing to have that type of healing. Hence all the good priests end up as disc. People donā€™t understand how great the bubble healing is.

Hpriest create bad healers. They stand in 1 spot and spam heal on random people without a care in the world. Thereā€™s going to be a few good hpriest but most are bad. Bad mechanics / healers in general. Everyone tells people who are new to healing to go play Hpriest for a reason.

Even as Rshaman you should still be doing a lil bit of dps. Also another class who can be GCD locked so it isnā€™t the end of the world. They at least bring massive amounts of utility.

If you see an Hpally who isnā€™t dealing damage as they heal you should run away from that healer. Hpally is so broken right now with their damage. A few days ago I saw an hpally go oom on mythic Huntsman. I wanted to kick that pally out of the raid so fast. He even got innervate! My theory holds up so well.

The spec is literally called Lazyweaver. Itā€™s in another thread down below. A great name! Add to the thread!

We have Mistweavers / Fistweavers / Lazyweavers!!! Thatā€™s the 3rd playstyle!!!

edit: I found that thread. You should like it. The thread is called Alternative build than fist weaving for M+ << Written by Psychi!

Nah, lost some key stats that made you beefier, our main gimp atm.

• Statue nerf to 8 secs, not 30.
  • FB nerf, slight.
  • Conflict & Strife <---- Lol @ this one /wrists
  • Versatile Corruption
2 Likes

You think having all that back would make MW great again??? Iā€™m pretty sure you could have 40% vers and still would flop over in this meta. But who knows.

I honestly donā€™t prefer the old playstyle (especially the stances, biggest waste of time). Where exactly does my opinion fit in this argument?

People here canā€™t even agree on what it is they want; Some people want to keep the flow of dps to healing, some people want to only heal by dpsing, some people want to only heal at range, and some want to ā€˜roll backā€™ the class to WoD or MoP design depending on personal preferences.
As well, you are basically making the statement that anyone not arguing for whatever this ideal mistweaver is doesnā€™t actually love the class. Or that their love for the class is lesser than the people who want change (in other words, donā€™t make appeals to emotion when people are going to be arguing against you, itā€™s insulting).

Just need the class devs or specifically the new monk dev to decide which direction they are going to take the spec. Right now you have two play-styles with one being more efficient than the other. You canā€™t really fistweave without a legendary. Mistweaving has a mana problem. I am curious what will be in testing for the next content patch.

Until then I am just going to hold my opinion. I would rather them split up the play-styles or snuff one out entirely for the other to shine.

1 Like

Yeah, youā€™re right. MW would probably still flop regardless.
Of those, the statue nerf was probably the biggest. C&S would really only provide an additional 5-7% damage reduction in stun.

I donā€™t even like the statue nerf in PVE tbh. At this point they should just let the statue turret heal own its own. Could you imagine if statue would heal by itself. Have it smart heal as well.

This part ^ was the insulting part.

But now Iā€™m just confused because you also said

So I guess just be careful of word choice because from the first statement, it makes you sound like everyone is lazy unless you are a fistweaver.

But anyway back to the topic

Make it back to the 30s or make it autoheal, either one would be great. I donā€™t think any of us would disagree with that one.

2 Likes

Autoheal statue would be everything. The statue would get that living feel to it. The statue would be alive! I might even take the talent at that point tbh.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind MW not being able to cast while stunnedā€¦the playstyle/niche of the class is about avoiding damage with mobility/Paralysis/Leg Sweep.

What I would like to see is Fortifying Brew back to a 1.5 min CDā€¦meaning we have it more often and can ā€˜pre-wallā€™ enemy stuns/goā€™s more often. Thatā€™s a big skill of the class but a 3 min CD is too punishing.

That, in addition to Cocoon being able to be 1min 20 sec CD, might be OK - as well as a Cocoon absorb buff or ā€˜Burst of Lifeā€™ type heal.

The mana regen buff is nice too and could allow us to Enveloping Mist more, including putting one on ourselves if we anticipate getting swapped too.

Vivify: Cost changed from 4.1% of base mana / 30 Energy to 3.8% of base mana / 30 Energy

RM: Cost changed from 2.2% of base mana to 2.1% of base mana

It almost feels like trolling, but I guess itā€™s a change.

4 Likes

By my math it means vivify will cost ~ 7% less mana than it does now.

RM will be ~4.5% less mana.

2 Likes

PvP mana is still garbage. A holy pally will definitely have at least 50% more mana than you by the end of the fight. Its actually beginning to put me off of WoW how lopsided balance is. Maybe I didnā€™t notice it as much before but now it seems like really lazy game design with so much wasted potential.

I think bulk of the mana change came in with the regen in PVP changeā€¦ I was playing RBGs and dabbling in arena today, and the difference is night and day. I, for one, am pretty excited for the future of mistweaver. Iā€™m hoping that these changes are just the beginning, because our glaring weaknesses still exist, but now you can at least have meaningful contribution if you do manage to make it past the cheap shot. Before, it felt like it didnā€™t even matter if I miraculously survived, because Iā€™d be OOM a minute or two later.

Yeah that isnā€™t true