Man this really sucks... Will Blizzard listen? Unofficial Mistweaver support group:

Also, I mostly pvp so I guess I never learned the new playstyle in bfa because mine remained the same haha. Funny I went through an entire expansion not knowing this tho lolol.

just tried that playstyle out, i hate it i hate it i hate it XD

Itā€™s not to do with mana conservation really. Itā€™s because it wastes the time for the Soothing global with little gain. Hardcasting allows you to spot heal quickly and cleave group with Vivify.

So basically you use Soothing when you need follow-up heals as well. Like Env/Viv or Viv x2. Or if you think you MAY need follow-up heals. Happens alot in pvp, so thatā€™s correct there.

Lol yeah it does feel a little different at first. I donā€™t pvp so I canā€™t speak for that. I imagine itā€™s a different playstyle. In pve though it does save a decent amount of mana, but mostly it saves time via GCDs.

TBH if it is meta to hard cast VIV/EM I might aswell play a shaman, only reason I like monk is the instant heals that come from soothing. Man I wish I could edit the OP to add take viv off gcd while casting soothingā€¦ Or, make our statue smart heal so casting soothing was worth it.

Iā€™d say hardcasting it is for advanced users, and you can totally get by without. Once youā€™re comfortable, you can weave in a few at the right times. Iā€™ve never hardcasted enveloping, that situation would be so niche. Anyways, just a min/max thing for the future.

1 Like

Up until the the change to Chi-ji and the addition of Yulon I never hard casted EnvM. Now I only do it when Chi-ji makes it free or reduced cast time. As for vivify Iā€™ve always hard casted it 90% of the time, unless in situations like the above poster mentioned where you may need Soothing+EnvM+Vivify spam on someone.

As for the statue, I hate the reduced channel time on it. It feels so clunky now (and it uses more mana in that you have to cast soothing mist more frequently) that even when I do swap Chi-ji Iā€™d rather use RjW.

1 Like

All I will say is, keep pushing keys and raids and soon as you run into a wall reflect and see what you can change and do better. Right now there is 2 different styles to play. Pick whichever is right for the occasion. Fistweaving in M+ is harder in pugs but easier in raids pug or not. Mistweaving you have more control in M+ but can run oom quickly when not in an organized group. Raids they are decent.

The problems both types have are overhealing and group healing. This has been a problem for quite some time at least to me regarding overhealing. Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is not smart so it tends to overheal. Tear of Morning is great because it allows you to spread out healing. Ancient Teachings of the Monastery does the same thing. Both of these are legendaries. Outside of them we have EF which is not that great if heavy damage is being taken and Renewing Mist x2+Vivify.

Im not counting Revival or Yuā€™lon/Chiā€™Ji as these are 3 min CDs. More so the bigger problem is that those are it minus Life Cocoon. We have very little utility. I may be here complaining but I can still manage. Personally fistweaving I have a different mindset when playing. I have control over my mana but I feel I do not have as much control over healing whereas mistweaving I have more control over healing but my mana suffers immensely.

Then there is Soothing Mist that makes our Vivify and Eveloping Mist instant outside Chiā€™Ji. There is a lot fighting against using Soothing Mist to the point some donā€™t even use it anymore. That was one of the identities for the MW. Fistweaving requires you to have a legendary to even have that style of play compete. I am sick and tired of MW sitting in this state of confusion. We were pruned and nothing was really brought back. There is a stigma that MW is one of the worst healers and people are denied keys(personally experienced). I have a shaman that I heal on as well. I rather heal on my MW as I have done it for years but after playing resto I see where the complaints come from and a lot are valid.

Bringing Chi back would help so much. Then at that point they could work around instant casts with chi or an AOE heal only accessible with Chi. I just do not understand why they took this out.

5 Likes

I agree with many points and I love that the people in this thread are having constructive conversations without bashing each other.

Iā€™d like to see a return to healing orbs spawned when using spinning crane kick that the group can pick up. I like the idea of getting chi back with an aoe heal spender. And I think we all agree that mana efficiency needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

The PvP changes are nice but holy paladins outclass other healers by such a big margin that even if you got all this stuff, people still wouldnā€™t want ya in PvP.

Also they could buff thunder focus tea. I think this could be a neat ability if it was more powerful

2 Likes

Things I wish for: Secret Infusion worked into talent tree, maybe baked passive into Focus Thunder talent on the first TfT charge, so itā€™s a competitive talent choice in that tier. 1 talent with reliable option for group damage reduction. Idk maybe Chi Wave rework, so its actually a competitive choice for once. AtoTM made smart. A bit of damage increase to inspire and reward being in melee and a really hard look and adjustment to our mana. A straight forward mastery that isnt dumb. Wonā€™t speak on pvp, because its obvious thereā€™s not enough verse in any dimension of this current game for me to feel confident. Hats off to the MWs, ranking right now. I dont say much, but Iā€™m here watching and reading. Feeling less alone in my frustrations. The MW community is great. /hug

5 Likes

chi would be so good for flow, and create more meaning to our rotation, and choices on when to use what.

To be completely honest, I like the idea of the spec being absurdly high in costs, to the point that you very well could run oom in 30 seconds, as long as we got something like old mana tea back, so your choice of slamming came with the reward of returning mana back with well timed sits, the ideea of just sitting for a few moments to get mana back in downtime between say rskā€™s, would feel really rewarding

3 Likes

Back when mistweaver was designed properly

1 Like

Mistweaver really feel like they are suffering from a case of overpruning. Having chi back, being able to channel soothing while moving and the old mana tea all would help the issues we are having.

I have had to switch to my pally for now, not because it is my favorite but because the MW felt like wasted effort. I donā€™t mind the high skill cap and donā€™t need to be top healer but it isnā€™t fun to have to try harder only to achieve performance still below anything but a holy priest.

It also doesnā€™t help that pugs are already actively discriminating against MWā€™s (I donā€™t blame them.) and guild and friends groups are only taking you for your sparkling personality lol

Edited to add:

I decided to stick it out after all because I love the class fantasy and my guild has been AWESOME at helping me get my keys in. However, the problems remain with this spec and something really needs to be done. As it stands now, itā€™s not desired in either M+ or pvp and thatā€™s a large part of the game.

7 Likes

My friends, I canā€™t get over being unviable in PVP, this will be my last post, I have switched to another class, I wish you all the luck in the world, keep this post alive. <3

ā€œI regret to announce ā€” this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.ā€

Goodbye

Pip

8 Likes

The last blizz tracker on the monk forums is from the 30 nov 2018

4 Likes

Well, Ythisens isnā€™t @ blizz anymore soā€¦ we probably donā€™t have a CM?
Goes nicely with our no Dev, doesnā€™t it? Dynamic duo of customer service.
#winning

2 Likes

its almost as if Activizzard has subcontracted out all the design elements to create a minimally functional product maintained by completely automated systems in lieu of an eliminated support staff run by a handful of executives and managers that have never played the game that view the customers with contempt taking action only as a cost benefit ratio to maintaining your subscription, item shop, and wow token revenue with the minimap effort

weird.

9 Likes

Come on back Pip, and tell us your fun stories on the reroll. Wish you all the funnest and rewarding of future games. /hug

Hey team, posting from my mobile so not sure which character its going to log me into but a back round scope of me.

Been playing on and off since vanilla. Mained a paladin and hunter back then.

Tbc I mained a shaman. Wotlk I mained the shaman. Cata I mained a blood dk. Mop I mained a priest as disc. Wod I mained a priest again as disc. Legion I skipped. Bfa a druid as resto. Then left after early days or bfa and came back and got the boost for a monk. Eventually lvled all the healing classes to max with the eye on who performed better come shadowlands.

So now I have leveled all healers bar priest to max and all have decent gear with monk the latest and lowest geared at 189.

Now Iā€™ve been pvping a lot over the last two weeks and played all the classes in pvp and by far the monk is the worse. There is 0 survivability once you are focussed.

Like other have pointed out it doesnā€™t need to be op at all just some minor tweeks.

My personal suggestions.

1. Soothing mists needs to allow us to move again.

2. Statue needs to be like it was in bfa and prior.

3. Keep the mana costs but compensate that with bigger more efficient heals to go along with the higher costs.

4. Change cocoon to a 1 minute pve cooldown with the 20 second decrease still available in pvp to make it 40s. Its a pretty lousy shield as it is and thatā€™s fine just lower the cool down.

5. EF change this to a longer cool down, say 30 seconds and make it more impactful as its our only group heal. The hot left over needs to be better.

Perhaps change it so the longer you channel it the bigger the hot it leaves and leave the initial heal the same.

1. Our mastery sucks change it. Im open to suggestions here.

2. Make RM smart cast.

3. ToM needs to be a smart heal like many have said. I havent got it yet so I dont know how much its healing for atm but if its going to be to op then lower it from 250% to 200-150%.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind the mastery but it doesnā€™t really interact with fistweaving. Gust of Mists makes our main heals and EF more meaty which is why before we were the single target god heals next to H pal.

The problem I have is that once Chi was taken away along with our aoe heal that used Chi we have felt incomplete. That and we overheal a lot. If we are not getting Chi back I would say change mastery back to what it was before: Gift of the Serpent.

Bring healing sphere back from being just pvp talent to base talent and add 3 charges. Add the ability to burst all healing spheres for big aoe healing. A lot of people did not like this mastery but once you learned how to use it, those spheres literally saved people from death.

2 Likes