Malefic Cores And Catching Up With Corruption Resistance

20 minutes my butt lol. That quest chain even with the skippable parts skipped still takes over an hour and is a snore fest. Not to mention you need to upgrade the thing to make it any sort of useful outside of a boost in ilvl.

Can we stop pretending this is ok and fun content? Give me my pvp vendors back.

3 Likes

Fun detected.

1 Like

I imagine this is their model for how the legendary is going to work in shadowlands.

If so it is going be very problematic.

The advantage of the crafted legendary in shadowlands may be that it is at the start of the expansion and not at the very end like the cloak/corruption of patch 8.3.

In the end I see no difference with patch 8.3 rentals and the crafted legendary in shadowlands. It undermines long term value for players and time investment.

If your time you feel is being invested to short term fun and some worthwhile long term goal then you do not feel your time wasted.

However, in the short term if you don’t find fun and there is no long term payoff it feels bad on both fronts.

That’s how I feel about it. For what it’s worth, I’ll keep playing this guy for as long as it’s fun but adding 3 Corruption resist per week with a “catch up” mechanic that isn’t really a catch up at all? No.

One has to assume they are dragging it out like this because they don’t think people will keep coming back otherwise. Which is funny and sad, because nobody in their right mind will stay subbed just to add a little drip to their cloak each week only to see it rendered obsolete shortly after.

Either you’re going to be subbed anyway and this is just something you’ll do and forget about, or you’re going to run out of content that interests you and this will do nothing to help that. In fact, it’ll make things worse because it’ll add another gate for alts and after a certain point it will be “Mathematically Impossible” to get a fresh character up to cap.

4 Likes

The time invested in alts is better payoff in the long run while providing short term fun.

I think Blizz is missing the big picture about this. Same reason why they don’t understand the fun of obtaining gear from vendors on your own time table and your own goals.

1 Like

Hamster wheel content is cheaper to create than real content.
Just like reusing zones for current content (Uldum, Vale, Stormwind and Org).

2 Likes

At this point, I do not think that the developers actually play their game. I mean “actually” play it. Id say some raid, some may even mythic raid. Some may do some mythic plus but overall they live within their own echo chamber where the people they play with believe the same things they believe are fun.

The PVP vendors will always blow my mind. I do not understand how you have those in the game for years and years and years and then all of a sudden believe people wont understand how to use them. When I think about that, and I do not even pvp much, I get furious that they made those sorts of comments.

5 Likes

The cloak has nothing to do with no pvp vendor. And the 20 mins is about the item to get the +3 corruption resistance. I bloody well know that up till now took lot longer. But good thing you just pvp, you don’t need that cloak.

Except to be relevant in PvP Blizz has forced us into PVE where we need the cloak. :confused:

Also I know if has nothing to do with the original topic I put that in most of my posts stop getting hung up on it and bring my PvP vendors back.

4 Likes

People who only PvP definitely need the cloak, since they’ll be up against people with busted corruptions and will need to counter that with corruptions of their own.

3 Likes

Agreed, It’s not hard to do.

I don’t mind them re-using old zones to make the entire world feel alive and relevant. Even if Blizz is operating on a shoe string budget there is still value in making old world content relevant for a new expansion.

The problem is when they use excessive phasing tech and make quests in the zones very pointless and tedious along with a pointless rep grind.

But I do agree using systems and more systems to provide content does not work.

This is because it makes systems become required content while in the past content was optional (eg story).

I’m sure this multi billion dollar company isn’t on a shoe string budget. Don’t make excuses for them. They just hired a bunch of yahoos to do the job.

Hahaha you really think this? Shadowlands will be lucky to be release by christmas if at all this year.

Kick back and enjoy the fact they took your money on pre-sale and delivered BFA.

LOL fair point.

But at least we know what shadowlands is going to be like as patch 8.3 is clearly a test bed for what they are going to do with anima and crafted legendary you will have to keep upgrading.

1 Like

I’m not worried about it, but I’ll also never actually experience the “catch up” mechanic because I don’t raid. Such a weird way to implement it… Why can’t people just do two HV full clears? Why one HV and one raid? Why not just let people do as many HV clears as it takes to get up to whatever the current cap is? It’s just exceptionally poorly thought out.

My annoyance at seeing this is due in large part to watching Blizzard yet again do a flying suplex onto the rake that’s been snacking them in the face since BfA launch.

So yeah, the not-really-catch-up mechanic combined with the absolutely tiny amount of resistance gained each week has people rightly thinking that this is intended to keep people coming back from now until shortly before Shadowlands.

1 Like

Pretty sure its once per week, either way.

Only both if you are behind the weekly cap.

The deeper problem is that Blizz fails to realize that there are many other things players want to dive into once they reach cap. If Blizz makes mythic + the only end game that matters that is a problem. The legendary cloak, corruption, essences, azerite armor, and better/faster gear drops from m+ has reached a tipping point IMVHO.

1 Like

BFA is such absolute garbage. Look at the item in which everyone is arguing about. An extremely minor cloak upgrade that serves no real purpose and is completely irrelevant in 6 months. This entire corruption system really puts the cherry on top of what has been an expansion that, for real this time, caused WoW to finally start dying.

Very bad game now. Why is anyone even playing this lmao

6 Likes

Correct. Once per week, until you get behind for whatever reason and then it’s twice per week until you’re at the current cap again.