Malefic Cores And Catching Up With Corruption Resistance

It’s obvious that you dislike the old raid mentality. What you misunderstand is that others also hate the new mentality of repeating solo content.

Is it that hard to believe that players want options so they can choose the play that suits them?

Artifact empowerment could be built in all areas of content and had a hard cap in 7.3. That is not the case here. You had to complete Argus, but at least you never had to repeat it.

4 Likes

So what you are saying is it can be ignored because it’s negligible?

If you’re caught up (say r15 on week of March 24) you can do either a full clear or kill N’Zoth and the first of those two activities you do, will grant 1 malefic core worth +3 resistance, and the remainder of that week no matter what you do you won’t get another malefic core until weekly reset on March 31.

You only get 2 cores per week if you’re not currently caught up with that week’s resistance. So if you skip playing WoW for the week of March 24 and come back on the 31st, you’ll be able to get 2 malefic cores that week, because you’re catching up to those who got their first malefic core on the previous week, and are getting their second core this week.

Nope I don’t have it either. Stand proud brother! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

I am concerned with +12 Resistance per 4 weeks.

1 Like

That most likely will not happen. It seems like the catch up is only for raiders etc and I doubt most people will run normal for +3 CR per week.

Ooooo thank you so much

Woop woop :raised_hands:.

Time to wear more corrupty items. :slight_smile:

Keep squawking this same line over and over wondering why your server is getting emptier and emptier.

5 Likes

Grind? I login almost every day, get my visions, get my Vessel, and one day of the week, I do my Horrific Vision to get my quest done and to do maybe 1 or 2 Vision runs with my friend and we are done. People call this a grind, but I fail to see where the grind is with this content.

I dunno. I am having fun with the content. It’s not hard and it’s not difficult to obtain the Vessels and Visions from dailies and such as long as you put the work into it.

hooray

a catch-up mechanism for alts of people who are already maxxed out.

seriously blizzard. requiring a final raid boss even in normal is going to lock out at least half or more of your customers.

well, at least i will be able to laugh when you have to nerf your gerbil wheel within a gerbil wheel inside a slot machine even more and sit around wondering why people aren’t falling all over themselves to do your repetitive content so they can wear one more piece of your brilliant “gear that is powerful but annoying” concept.

probably the single worst idea i have ever seen in an industry that is supposedly interesting in selling people a product to have fun with in their spare time.

2 Likes

This all sounds complicated.

2 Likes

To me, I would have rather seen also Corruption Resistance buffs to the Essences.

Do they really need high corruption resistance if they won’t even do easy mode?

Considering how things are going, many people will probably realize they don’t need to play WoW at all. If they haven’t already, that is.

That said, actually acquiring malefic cores doesn’t even require people to do an easy mode raid, yeah? Nor does upgrading the cloak to 15. It’s all done within HVs, which will be faceroll content well before anyone gets to rank 15 thanks to Titan research.

So it’s a really weird “catch up” mechanic if it requires something completely outside of the main content in which it’s upgraded on the first place. My guess is that rational minds will prevail and whatever guy thought this was a good idea will get flicked in the ear and told to make the extra cores available from Visions and raids. I.e., you can do two Visions per week to catch up, or one Vision and one raid.

Why does this require rank 15 to activate?

Seems like an odd restriction to say - you need to grind out 15 minimum visions per toon (and the currency necessary to do so) before you are eligible for this.

Why not tie it to something like the full clear achievement (for both) or the 1 or 5 mask clear achievement?

Its grindy if you are doing the same thing over and over and are not enjoying it.

I like visions so I do dailies, but there have been times I log in, think on the dailies I have to do then log out.

For me this is grindy cause I also see this is what I’m going to be doing till Shadowlands.

Edit

Also this is blizzard’s experimentation for torgast. I can also see this is how they want torgast to be which also kind of makes me tired to think of whatever dailies they plan to have us grind.

1 Like

Greetings Kaivax. Thank you guys for posting. It’s nice to see some blue text around here once in a while. The information is helpful. BUT only if you’ve bothered to even trying 8.3 specific content. Which I have not.

Please pass along: one gimmicky system is more than enough for an expansion. In future please refrain from layering convoluted system upon convoluted system…upon convoluted system upon; eh-hem. Well you get the idea. Thank you.

Oh and the art and music is lovely as always.

May your weekends be sunny and your loots epic. /salute

2 Likes

I can see how doing the dailies thing every day could be considered “grinding” to some, but I think they needed to put some kind of wall barrier in to make it so people don’t go all in on day one and then get max cloak upgrade and then the whole corruption effects ((The ones when you get too much)) aspect is considered meaningless. It needs to be something you work towards so they needed something to be the object that starts the vision and they think… What can they have people do to obtain these? Do raids? Ok, but then we are forcing everyone including PVPers to raid when they don’t want to do that. Make it into a dungeon. Same as before, don’t want to force PVPers to do PVE content. So dailies are kind of a middle ground where PVPer’s can still do pvp content while they are doing light PVE work.

I will say that I do kind of wish they did something for those who PVP to obtain these upgrades since these visions are forcing PVPers to do PVE content to upgrade.

I get some people are ok with a bit of leg work, but there are some that just don’t want to do it and whine about just not getting handed the stuff on day 1 and then be like OK! you are done till next expansion. They have to also keep people engaged and coming back every day to play.