Malefic Cores And Catching Up With Corruption Resistance

Yeah i just dont see this patch keeping people around lol.

The loss of power/level scaling that will likely occur in Shadowlands really makes this chore a colossal waste of time.

2 Likes

Horrible scrubs like myself take a lot more time than 15 to 30 minutes a week to complete this. For me, it’s more like 8 hours.

6 Likes

Yeah and when people coming back in preparation for Shadowlands see people dropping infinite stars and whatnot all over the place they’ll ask how they can do it too? Oh, just do a couple of chores for the next 20 weeks. It’s fine. Can I do it any faster? Nope! Get in line for your drippings, paypig!

Compared to the end of Legion when we were all having a blast with our ridiculously OP weapons that could be powered up in about 5 minutes.

2 Likes

so its a Mount from a Mail box not a Mount with a Mail box. :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, 15 minutes is an understatement. 30 minutes is about right if you’ve already got all the vessels. Either way, it’s just a dumb chore to do every week for 6 months for basically no payoff whatsoever besides using maybe one extra corrupted item in the very last month of the expansion. Oh, be still my beating heart!

3 Likes

Ahh, another band aid rental system that has not been thought through… /facepalm/ , if this is how it is then all the more reason FOR ME to skip Shadowlands at this point.

Can’t wait for concordance point 2.0 on the covenant system.

2 Likes

Just here to see, if I’m the only person here that doesn’t have the mop cloak rehash on any of my characters :rofl: Change the name of this game to world of catch up mechanics, and be done with it already lol.

1 Like

Personally, I see this as a perk since I’m going to be farming corrupted mementos for my gear to be socketed and run full clears every week for 450-470 gear drops similar to running a M+ for main.

1 Like

The point is it’s a long term content nerf to help guilds possibly get a small amount stronger during the longer raid tier.

Once you clear what you want though why bother keeping up with it?

And raiders are likely killing N’Zoth anyway so it’s not even something extra. Just like the WoD ring and Legion trinket upgrades from Archimond and Argus.

Reminds me of that legendary Argus trinket. Basically, by the time you got enough to be useful it is completely useless. Maybe the same person designed this part of the cloak system?

3 Likes

Since Wrath, there has been some form of long term content nerf (or player buff) during the final tier.

Wrath - stacking buff up to 30%.

Cata - stacking debuff to weaken 30%

MoP - changed from 2/2 upgrades to 4/4 upgrades halfway through SoO.

WoD - changed from 2/2 upgrades to 4/4 upgrades during HFC. Also weekly upgrade of the legendary ring from killing Archimond.

Legion - weekly Argus kill for empowering your trinket. Also the raid very slowly got more powerful with titanforging (not unique to final tier). At the very end has overcharged artifacts.

BfA - cloak upgrades allowing you to wear a bit more corruption.

Things have gotten more player driven since MoP and more thematic since WoD, but the end effect is the same.

2 Likes

I don’t think the cloak upgrade is intended to be a raid-only thing, though. It’s mostly solo/small group content… Which does make it weird that the “catch up” involves doing content that is neither solo nor small group.

4 Likes

Because we aren’t in raid or die mode anymore and there is mythic+ that can be worked on and doing visions themselves can be kind of fun. So the system is more standalone that just to part of the raid, despite that being the more norm.

Kind of like the artifact empowerment aspect of legion affecting more than just the raid.

Of course PvP gets shafted like always.

I think a better catch up would be to just let people get more from either raids or horrific visions, and add a PvP thing in there as well.

3 Likes

Yep skipping most of 8.2 and 8.3 grind. Reset in 9 months will have my alts to 120 (one of each class and race) and buying SL biggest edition and sub with tokens and myth carry with gold. And long neck if I can swing it. Far better than rental gear that will go away and the associated grind and lack of personal choice. Unsubbed Nov18 till two weeks ago so plenty of decent stuff to do.

Pretty sure none of us need to play a game. It’s all to do with want.

If you’re burning out go play something else for a bit till you’re feeling wow again.

2 Likes

Why are people all upset over this. This isn’t really new info we already knew that you could add 3 corruption resistance a week by getting more cores on a weekly basis.

It might take like 15 min a week to earn a entry item from an assault and another 15 min to do the vision. So 30 min total to upgrade cape.

2 Likes

So let me see if I understand this correct. At +3 per week after max it will take 25 weeks to get enough resistance to equip ONE new +75 piece and remain at the toons’ current corruption level (basically to cancel out one new, additional piece)? Really?
It’s no wonder customer base is giving up and bailing if that’s the business strat. Good luck with that.

6 Likes

So like I have rank 13 rn on my main. After I get to rank 15 in a couple of weeks, I’ll be able to get two malefic cores per week, one from a horrific visions full clear and the other one from normal N’zoth? but it’s +3 corruption resistance per week? I’m so confused and tired my brain can’t process any of this information, but like do I gotta do normal N’zoth from the moment I get rank 15 and on to max my corruption upgrade or I’ll be just fine my weekly horrific vision and still get my +3 resist upgrade?

Yeah, the problem is we’re not having fun.

3 Likes