Male Night Elf Faces (and Other Suggestions)

Currently, the face options for male nelfs are not that great. There is only one decent face and several others are ruined by a hideous scowl. I have two propositions to fix this dilemma!

1. Scowl Toggle
    On the PTR, all the nightborne faces have been fixed, so none have a scowl. However, night elf players might be attached to their scowly faces and might want to keep them. I think the best option would be to add a toggle. Face 1 is bugged and already has an unintentional toggle. This should be added officialy for all faces.
    Gif showing the bug (I hope it works):
    https://gyazo.com/cbcca9f390ddeb5b460237bdbf179056

2. Add New Faces!
    Add some younger faces, some handsome ones, just new ones in general. The ones available now all feel like the same face but with different wrinkles. Just let us look as good as in official art!

Other Suggestions for Male Nelfs:
  • Posture Improvement: They look like they’re straining their neck. It would be nice if we could get the original posture back.
  • Bring back the clean cut beard!

• Better Proportions! Male Nelfs are kind of top-heavy and have a tiny waist giving them an awkward hourglass figure. We could use an alternate model or a new, better-proportioned one.
65 Likes

I support this. Also another race I don’t play but most of the faces are extremely angry. Even the Draenei angry faces are just like, angry eyebrows while Night Elves has that obnoxious snarl making most of the faces unappealing to use.

8 Likes

I think gnomes might have it the worst especially the male gnomes they can look pretty simple :disappointed::disappointed: like poor pepitoz

But we make up for it with our amazing dance moves :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

“ cat……………not for sale…….”

5 Likes

Most races can use more faces. If male humans can have 36 of them then so should the rest of us :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, that video was pretty great lmao

9 Likes

Yes! Let Night Elf men and for that matter, all men in game be sexy. It would be unfair for Blizzard not to fix the snarl on male night elves when they’ve fixed the face on a model based on them.

15 Likes

Oh god. The one on the far right.
I want my boy to look like that.

But yeah, it’s infuriating that the Nightborne got the fix, which was needed, but Night Elf players have been asking on and off for the scowl to be toned down since Vanilla. There’s so many memes about how bad the male nelf looks.

And while I want the toggle too, because more options are always good for everybody, it still feels extremely weird how bad in WoD they fixed the OTT expressions of other races and made them look more natural, but left the male night elf snarls to all be literally anatomy breaking.

Rest in peace, angry dwarf.

Nelfs don’t really need anything other than the facial fix until it’s time for another pass at the core races, but the fix the Nightborne got would go a long way until that finally happens. A very long way.

9 Likes

Full support.

You should actually turn this into a Night Elf customizations in general thread I think. I know we came out of customizations well ahead of everyone else but it doesn’t hurt to have a list the devs can see for when they come back to Core Races.

5 Likes

Yes PLEASE
They need so much love, considering how much they changed.
Nelf males and several other races with hardly any choices.
Posture, faces… chicken necking forward like they’re straining to read something.

8 Likes

That one is so damn fine :smirk:

I don’t really wanna maintain such an important thread. I think someone more passionate about nelfs should make it. If anyone wants to y’all are free to use anything from my OP! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

If we get a response to this issue, showing they’re listening and care, I’ll put one together later once the AR’s start getting finished up.

I really think we should just focus on the one thing right now though since it’s related to something that’s apparently just been finished on PTR.

3 Likes

Definitely.

The other faces are rarely used, if at all, because the snarl is not so well done. Also, one can’t be 24 hours, 7 days a week with a snarl. I’d understand if that was an idle animation that happened ocassionally or something.

But the faces are not well done. I think the entire male Night Elf model is rushed, but a toogle or something for the faces would be awesome.

8 Likes

I think there’s a pretty big difference between a snarl or resting grumpy face, and… this.
Lips don’t work like this. I cannot physically press down just the middle of my lip to snarl at somebody. That’s where the issue is coming from, not the fact it’s got a more angry expression in general.

Imgur

Imgur

Other angry bois, with humanoid faces, still look angry and even have a sneer going a bit without it looking like the face itself is broken.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

The broken sneer also takes up 3 face slots, and frankly, it’s hard to even tell the difference between the three faces because of it, because it ruins the texture work on the rest of it.

8 Likes

Also, as promised elsewhere, if this is silently fixed when the PTR is playable at the same time as Nightborne, I have to go to the grocery store, buy a bag of leaves, and eat it.

So please, torture me Blizzard.
My guild and friends circle are counting on you.

7 Likes

Totally rushed. It feels like Blizzard is too afraid of making “pretty boys” and handsome men. Look how they treated Blood Elf men as jokes because they’re attractive and well kept, mocking them as girly for looking nice. Men can look appealing and still be masculine. There’s also nothing wrong with “feminine” men. That’s why, in my opinion, that Alliance men aren’t allowed to be appealing. It’s odd because the monster races of the Horde are more attractive than the more human looking races of the Alliance. You wouldn’t think that would be the goal, but here we are.

14 Likes

would be kind of based and epic really

4 Likes

I do hope Nelf male faces get fixed. You have my full support.

7 Likes

But, we’re also here now, and I think this is the time we can actually start acting for fixes to this situation.

There’s stuff about all the changes that do bother me, but if it means we can move forwards with this, and those of us who are either are those “feminine” (lol) men, love those type of men, or yearn to be that type of man, can represent ourselves, well…
Yes.

(Seriously, the only race even remotely close to what my boyfriend looks like is Nightborne. But… we don’t want to play Horde, so he sort of moved on for that and other reasons.)

But for now, Grandpa needs his lip surgery.

7 Likes

Not with that attitude. >.>

Good night, GD! Let’s hope we here some good news soon :relaxed:

3 Likes

about 33 or 34 of them are absolutely horrible though.

1 Like