Making All Achievements Account Wide

I can’t be the only one who is a little disheartened when making a new character and seeing the number of achievements in your guild log be so low compared to a character you consider your main. I’m an over-achiever on my main. I like to collect achieves but I also want that achievement number to be on all my alts.

In a game that is continuing to favor more account wide progress, why are all achievements not account wide yet? A reason I don’t play my alts as much as I do my main is because the points I earn on that alt may not be applied to my main if I hit a new achievement. At the very least PvP related achievements in battlegrounds should be made account wide (unless there is a reason for why this is not).

I don’t see the reason for why all achievements are not account wide, could we maybe truly make this an account wide progression game by allowing achievement progress to be counted across an entire account?

Editing in a link to my better Explanation for why this should be a thing so more people can see it:

Edit: It is possible for blizzard to make “Do Activity X amount of times” Achieves account wide as seen with this Achieve here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1165317130078666823/1165317172558565427/account_wide.png?ex=65466930&is=6533f430&hm=55983f019b8da6c246e967b79175057a6fe0b660795582f4f7a70cdecf96106b&

I just hope that they can go back and do it with older achievements.

43 Likes

All achievements are account wide already.
The guild achievements are not because your alt could be in a different guild.

They are not.

For example an alt of mine has the “Not in My House” Achievement. My main does not have this achievement there fore they do not get the points associated with it. I’m requesting that the achievements like this be account wide. Also Your main may have 25k achievement points but an alt you have when you look at your achievement point rating via your guild only has 5k achievement points.

Achievements are not all account wide. The only ones that share achievement points are achievements with blue title borders.

I’m not talking about guild achievements. I’m talking about when you look at the guild roster your main’s achievement points are not the same as your alts. I’m asking them to make achievements truly account wide so my alt will have the same amount of achievement points as my main.

12 Likes

But why do you need to look at the achievements points in your guild roster? What difference does it make?

1 Like

It’s for completionists and collectors. We shouldn’t have to get the same achievement on every single character just to have the points associated to the achieve available to all of them.

Blizz has been making more casual friendly content with many of Dragonflight’s systems being account wide and readily accessible to alts. So why can’t every achievement point I earn be readily accessible to my alts?

The forums are displaying my full achievement point count but in game on Ravij when I look at my guild roster it says I actually have 22,795 worth of achievement points unlocked on him.

I just want my total achievement points collected to be displayed on all my alts when I look myself up in the guild or other places that only show achievements collected on a single character.

It’s not about looking up in the guild roster its about achievements as a whole. I was using the guild roster as a means to explain my reasoning. Guild roster has nothing to do with this.

If you’re against this then give me valid counter argument.

12 Likes

What are these places that do not show the total achievements points? When I open the achievements tab on any of my characters, it shows the same total number of points.

If the number in the guild roster is different maybe it is a way to tell what character is more active than the others.

You keep wanting to bring it back to the guilds thing when its not about that. It’s about making the game more accessible. Literally almost everything is account wide in some aspect and Achievements; since their addition in Wrath, have yet to fully make that transfer over to fully account wide.

Some achievements are harder to get than others and some people would like to have all their collective points tied to all of their characters. Some achievements also open up access to purchase certain things from vendors, these achievements, as it is now, you have to do on every single character. There are also achievements in Dragonflight like Best in Slot that give you access to your fully upgraded Iskaar Harpoon that is not also given to your alts, meaning you have to go through the lengthy and very annoying grind of getting all the parts for each alt you want these upgrades on.

The achievement pane shows all your achievement points collected across your entire account, but if you have alts that have collected an achievement that your main has not, they will get the points for this achievement. If you hover over the amount of achievement points you get from an achievement it will tell you if you’ve earned that achievement on the character you’re on or a different character. That character get the points. Yes the total shows up on your achievement UI but the points you earned on your alt are not applied to your main character with all your points. I explained this in my previous post:

This is because achievement points in their current form are based on the character that earned them. Yes the UI will say I have 27,520 but my character Ravij has collected 22,795 of those points while the other 4,725 were collected by other characters. In retrospect I want Ravij to display all 27,520 of those points. The guild roster is a quick and easy means to see how much a SINGLE character has gotten in achievement points, not your full account total.

I’m not sure what you’re not getting about this topic and the fact it’d make the game more inclusive to casuals - but I’ve about explained everything I can on the subject. I offered to explain anything you might not understand elsewhere so we’re not going back and forth on this subject with me having to re-answer questions you already asked lol.

8 Likes

I think its fine if not EVERYTHING is account wide. Some Achievements should be set to character specific because that character was the one who did it.

It wouldn’t make sense that my alt that is 270 ilvl, has [Three’s Company: 2700] Arena rating when my main was the one who gained that achievement skillfully.

Giving everyone of my characters the same achievements would de-incentivise me from playing any of them, because I would have nothing to shoot for.

3 Likes

While I understand where you’re coming from, I really would like to have all my achievement points shared amongst my characters even if the achievements themselves are not.

If not true account wide achievements then at least let it be known that I have a total of 27k+ achievement points total rather than the 22,820 that I’ve only collected on my DK. Almost everything related to WoW displays this but when you look at your guild roster on an alt it shows you only have like 4k or something.

5 Likes

Two things here in this subject:

I would love account wide reputations and their achievements due to things like the Crusader title, which prevents me from actually faction changing my Paladin.

I would love account wide titles, all of them, of course not specific rated PvP rewards but the PvP titles would be great available overall.

7 Likes

Blizzard has been clear that anything that increases character power won’t be account wide. So you want to play the FOMO and want various stuff unlocked on the new character. It won’t be fair to those who have been loyal to the class from the beginning.

I’ve been playing this game for 10+ years. I know. Every vendor thats opened via an achievement is cosmetics related. There are no vendors tied to character power that open up via an achievement. Everything you’re saying I’m aware of and nothing you’re saying is an “Aha I didnt know that” moment to me. I know all this. I’ve offered to help you understand how the game works and how certain systems works but you’ve yet to respond to me via DM. I’m trying to spare myself the frustration of having to repeat myself lol

8 Likes

Eh, pardon me? This reply makes no sense at all. “Loyal to the class”? “FOMO”? The person is literally asking for the availability of something they have earned already? There is no power in there.

Some wants the ability to be completely disconnected from previous earnings, but are unable to (Should be a possibility). Some wants the ability to be completely connected to previous rewards, but are also unable to (Which should also be a possibility).

15 Likes

The achievement points earned on one character are already available to all the other characters on the same account. It doesn’t make sense for all achievements to show as earned by each character.
For example Level 70 achievement. How can a character level 10 show as earned this achievement?
I can give other examples. But let you or the OP give us (an) example(s) of achievement(s) that when earned by one character should show as earned by each character on the account.

Quite simple?

But we aren’t talking about achievements points being available? We’re talking about the achievements? Not all achievement rewards are available, and some as so heavily character locked that they’ll go missing is something happens.

I gave example of where account wide achievements would help, with things like the Argent Tournament, if I move my Horde main to the Alliance, he loses EVERYTHING from the Tournmanet because changing faction resets the city achievements, race champion achievements, and completion achievements, making them BoA means that they wouldn’t have to reset.

Does it matter to you that a lvl 10 ALT can show that his lvl 70 MAIN has completed content? I mean, we already have a function to display character only achievement points, but we’re talking achievements and what the contain, as some holds more than just points after all? There is no power in this at all unless you’re one of those who tries to counter cosmetics as “power” too?

Account wide achievements would go hand in hand with another fan favorite wish, account wide reputations, my only demand on those would be that they should only account as account wide once they are completed.

6 Likes

I find this subject so weird, opposing the ability to show off what you have done, just like I find it weird of people opposing the ability to stand out as a completely fresh character.

2 Likes

I’ve had some time to breath and rethink how I explain this in a way that it doesn’t make it sound like it’s a personal want. So -

Achievement’s are a means to display that you’ve done something and know how it works if its a content based achievement. Mostly end of expansion Heroic farm runs require you; for some unwritten reason, to link that you’ve achieved “Ahead of the Curve” before they will allow you into their group.

Using my earlier example of the “Not in My House” achievement, when I link that achievement from Ravij in game it will say that my character “Ravij” earned it to anyone who clicks the link. But in fact it was an alt that earned this achievement. Ravij has never completed this achievement before as seen here when I mouse over the points part of the achievement.

Why then am I not being credited for these points if I can link it and it says I’ve complete it on Ravij when I haven’t? This is what I mean by asking for achievements to be truly made account wide. If one character earns it, they all should. The achievement UI is filled with sub UI’s that it shouldn’t need such as mousing over the “points part” to see which character earned the achieve.

To answer the question of why should a lvl 10 have the lvl 70 achieve? Simple. WoW is built on the fact that a lot of players expect you to know everything before you step into any form of content. A person playing a low level alt and interjecting into a conversation they may find in shout chat (as many of us often do) will get bullied based on the “compare achieves” that many higher level “elite” players tend to do to silence people they think have no idea what they are talking about. “Compare Achieves” Only lists what that character you’re on has achieved (I believe this is the way it still works.). Making achievements truly account wide is a a benefit that will end this form of “comparison” harassment.

I’d like to also add that there are achievements you earn based on how many times you have done X amount of thing. Many PvP achievements are like this such as “Win 100 Warsong Gulch Matches” or for PvE “Pop 1,000 Tumors in N’zoth Assault Areas” These achievements are already tedious in themselves for some and I know a few who would want the achievement total to be counted across every character. Say you’re at 50 wins in Warsong Gulch, but your character is no longer meta in BG’s or you want to PvP on a different character. To earn 100 wins achievement you have to start from ground zero on that alt. It is also the same for continued achievements. Say you completed the 100 wins achievement and are now on the next tier of that achievement that wants you to get 1,000 wins. IF you start on an alt, you have to start from scratch aka get the 100 wins before you can work on the 1,000 wins. This has to be done with every alt and just like the 100 wins achieve the win count is not carried between your characters.

Creating account wide achievements for scenarios like that encourages people to play their alts instead of forcing them to play one character for what seems like all eternity.

16 Likes

I know it’s been 6 days but my latest post has the answer you’re looking for.

3 Likes

Bringing this back because with the new Researcher’s Under Fire Achievement Meta, account wide achievements for the “Do 50/Do 100” would be a nice fix because the only way some of these achievements are possible is if these specific “collect” achieves are account wide.

You’re asking us to do the event 50-100 times on a single character just to see completion because tons of people are doing it at the same time, and this event will likely become obsolete after the next patch. Not to mention you need an entire RAID group to even complete this event 12/12 and to see some of the tasks required for the achieves because of the obscene time limit on some of the tasks that can’t be done in small groups.

8 Likes

Huge agree on this. I wasn’t on the council when this was originally posted, but as a collector myself this is single-handedly one of the most frustrating parts about earning achievements. Love the idea of having a main, but it is outdated to have character-specific achievements that are worth achievement points.

Feats of Strength achievements deserve to be character specific as they have no points associated. It makes zero sense to open up my achievements tab and show 35k+ points but then open the guild tab and be 4th or 5th(or let alone some other site) and only be credited 80% of these. Hard agree with Ravij here.

11 Likes