Making All Achievements Account Wide

Patch 10.1.5 is around the corner. How many new achieves will get added that don’t do account wide progess? :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

I can see why they wouldn’t have total achievements show in guild roster on every single character, but at the same time, yes, it’s frustrating. I’m still #1 with my achievements in guild but missing around 2k achievements because I used to achievement hunt on my priest (it was easier to get into groups as a healer) so my warlock doesn’t show everything. My warlock is also in the same guild as aforementioned priest.

1 Like

So its POSSIBLE for them to make the “Do this activity X amount of times” Account Wide. Can we please have this option added to the Researchers Under Fire Achievements and other past “do X out of X amount” achieves in PvP/PvE content?

7 Likes

An option in the guild pane to add another drop down tab that has account achievement points would be a good change.

Nothing else would have to be changed as the panes display now. No massive rework. Single character achievements would still be listed. Professions, location, all that stuff is there.

Giving everyone the option to view what stats they want, when they want.

2 Likes

Just realized that picture had been broken; fixed it now to show that it’s possible for Blizz to add account wide “Do activity X amount of times” achieves.

I’d really like this topic to be touched on by the Devs. They’ve shown its possible to make all types of achievements account wide including those with do “X amount”.

I just want to know if this is something they plan to start doing or if they have plans to make old and new achievements truly account wide.

1 Like

I agree. Many achievements (specifically the do X thing Y number of times) are incredibly tedious and would be helpful to count account wide. As you mentioned above, they did they to other achievements recently, so the technology and ability is there, and the desire is there as well from the playerbase.

6 Likes

Im sure there are achievements that could benefit from being made account wide, but there are some that it just wouldnt make sense in my opinion, depending on implementation of this

Account wide completion vs criteria
based on my limited knowledge of how achievements work behind the scenes, I don’t think it would be to hard to, if achievement is completed by any character on account it completes for all,

but, for having progress on any character add up, like they do for some already, just wouldn’t work for some achievements,
going to use the achievements I know the best as an example,

Complete 10,000 daily quests: Is currently account wide
Complete 3,000 quests: not account wide

the normal quest one, just can’t really be account wide in the same way,
its whole point is completing 3000 different quests, but if you made progress account wide, you could just do northshire over and over on a bunch of characters which would kinda defeat the purpose.

so I don’t think all achievements can really be made account wide without changes, but there definitely is achievements that arent currently account wide that could be,
taking a quick look, the “loot x amount of gold” ones probably could be for example

2 Likes

I think this could be fixed by making it an account wide trigger completion of a quest on that single time. You can still do that quest on multiple characters but it will trigger as complete for the “Do 3,000 Quests” achieve the first time you do a particular quest. If you do it subsequent times then the subsequent times will not count.

They have this similar feature already available via Holidays for the 1 time a day boosted drop rate. They could just apply it to quests instead. Like you can run the Holiday dungeons as much as you want but only the first will count as the boosted drop rate of the day. Such could be done with quests for that particular achievement.

2 Likes