Make survival ranged

Yes please. Ranged survival was fun to play.

3 Likes

That’s right your sample size of one…yep. Do you have any other valuable information this community is missing out on?

1 Like

I linked numbers two replies down. Should read more.

85% of the 3’s ladder above 2k+ is Surv. 82% in 2’s. There’s plenty of people who actively play survival. And no reason to destroy it.

:man_facepalming:

It HAD identity before it was turned into a melee spec. It was the kiting/traps/toolkit class. it was awesome in pvp. Now? it has zero identity, it’s made up class fantasy that blizzard decided to add from thin air.

4 Likes

I wish they would just roll it back to more of a Legion rotation, and yes I know it’s not a real rotation. This 3 or 4 button rotation is pretty boring comparatively.

You do realize in vanilla it was more melee than it was ranged right? It was a melee/trap spec. I remember Survival hunters meleeing warriors and beating them in duels in BWL.

People loved it as a ranged spec and for some reason Blizzard decided to screw that up. As if there aren’t already melee dps in the game. There has never been a new ranged spec added to the game.

Demon Hunters should have a ranged spec imo. I think they could do some neat stuff if they brought thrown weapons back and gave them to DH’s to use as weapons for a ranged spec.

1 Like

So melee surv is only relative in pvp where range was relative in both pve and pvp

1 Like

It is not whether Survival is fun or viable, but whether the game has too many melee already.

This is… interesting. An Aviela post I agree with.

2 Likes

A broken clock is right twice a day.

1 Like

Make it a 4th spec for RSV to return.

Yep.

I do, very much so!

It just doesn’t have to replace current SV.

Neither of those play anywhere close to how RSV played.

Wrong. So wrong…
(see bottom of reply)

Exactly.

Yes.

Right now, we either have specs with mandatory pet reliance, or a spec not designed with pets in mind at all.

No it wasn’t. It wasn’t a spec at all actually. It was a talent category containing talents that focused on increasing our survivability in various parts of the game. Through better traps, more defensives and situational melee-attacks for when we were caught in melee range. Etc.

Incorrect.

I’m with ye! If only…

Yep. Problem solved.

Most fun playstyle in WoW for me. Played it continuously from end of Wrath up until 6.2 in WoD.

I really hope that the devs swallow their pride and change their minds on that 4th spec option.

The old RSV had a ton of potential as a candidate for the modern game and it’s focus on spec identity. It had it’s own unique theme and playstyle which could’ve been built on even more so, going forward.

4 Likes

The reason why melee surv isn’t fun in PvE is purely because the rotation and resource generation is crap. It requires obvious adjustments, or some kind of rework.

But, as I have remained consistent within this thread, the solution is to bring in a fourth spec. There’s no reason to obliterate one over the other, or to destroy something when a fourth spec for hunter is fine, and can do what’s needed. That way everyone’s happy.

I would love a melee Beast Mastery with nice Night Elf Warglaive for my Hunter ^^

I personally want to see survival go back to legion survival, Theres no reason all 3 specs should be ranged, melee survival was super interesting and engaging. I have hated it since they gave them an option to do ranged attacks again. Bring back melee only legion survival. Doing the mage tower challenge felt so rewarding and fun as a melee hunter and i loved the mechanics.

2 Likes

no

1 Like

What I miss the most about Cata Survival was Serpent Spread.

1 Like

yes.

1 Like

I agree with bringing in a 4th spec but however

Is what they did to range surv

4 Likes

I personally don’t think warriors need 3 melee specs one of the dps ones can go range

3 Likes