Make survival ranged

Make survival ranged

76 Likes

It is. Use that Cooldown that gives mongoose a forty yard ranged. Everything else is already ranged.

12 Likes

Or maybe can specialize in either or? Some people love it as a melee spec, I dont see that changing, but variety is good. I miss my ranged survival hunter twink taking players out with explosive shot in random bgs

13 Likes

That’s not going to happen. Too many people actually play and like melee survival, me included. Either they can make it so the spec can work in both manners, or they do the thing I thought they should have done earlier which is give hunters a fourth spec.

62 Likes

Well the first hurdle you have to deal with is getting Blizzard to remember that Survival exists in the first place.

Baby steps, people.

18 Likes

I agree. But also, make beast mastery melee!

11 Likes

Nope :-1: I like Melee Survival.

31 Likes

I like the Melee Survival hunter too. I don’t feel like I need a third ranged spec on the hunter.

18 Likes

No.

Survival is fine as a melee spec, if you want ranged, you have two other options.

20 Likes

Seems like every man and his dog “likes” melee Survival, yet how many actually main it?

17 Likes

Try one of the other TWO ranged specs.

There isn’t enough bowman fantasy to spread over three specs, and there never has been. Blizzard finally (re)realised this, and it’s about time some players did.

Survival had always been the oddball spec for Hunters. It actually has an identity as a melee spec.

11 Likes

I will accept that when I return sub-weapons or off-hand like Throwing Weapons, Sigils, Totems, Druid Relics and Paladins, wands, and bows are off-hand as well.

Also in the world of pve, it was a bad option in fact nothing else was mentioned to be 100% pvp that would not accept that the Hunter Survival return to the ranged.

the spec is completely dead in all forms of pve and has received next to zero updates during SL’s development but yes… it’s fine :joy_cat:

11 Likes

No.

/thread

3 Likes

Make hunters hunters.

Hunters are not rangers.

Hunters hunt. If you’re in melee, you should melee, not shoot people at point blank. If they’re at range, you should shoot them, not try closing the gap.

I’m ok with having a melee spec for hunters since you don’t need to be ranged to hunt.

That said, I think it’s bad design to have 2 specs PURE ranged, and a spec that for some reason randomly forgets what a bow even looks like. It’s weird.

4 Likes

We literally pull a crossbow out to fire Serpent Sting and Kill Shot.

1 Like

Still more fun than Beast Mastery lol

8 Likes

that’s hilarious, so you conjure a crossbow you don’t even have equipped to use abilities, but you can’t auto shoot…

what a weird spec. “RPG elements” btw.

1 Like

Would just like to say to those saying hunters have two other ranged specs, problem is neither feel like old RSV. Those who like melee with a pet, I could say go play UH DK, to which you would respond with it doesn’t feel the same. So that, IMO isn’t a real solution.

Blizz created a huge mess when they ripped away a spec people enjoyed and replaced it with something completely different, and at this point only real solution would to bring RSV back as a 4th spec.

Reason I am more for the 4th spec rather than reverting MSV back is it would just create the same mess and cause the same animosity we see now with RSV players who lost their preferred spec.

11 Likes