Make survival ranged

Guess we’ll see, won’t we.

No matter what you decide to do, please extend the range of Muzzle during Aspect of the Eagle windows.

2 Likes

All the sane people in this thread that enjoy survival currently beg to differ

1 Like

No, OG survival was melee and based off early-hunters in history where they hunted with spears and stuff, not bows and arrows. Also old ranged survival was hot garbage, it did nothing special and unique. It was a ranged spec with a 20% heal on enemy kills.

2 Likes

Druids say hello

To make everyone happy they should add a fourth spec. Melee sv has been out for so long, that people have become attached to it.

I would like it changed back but would settle for a 4th spec and I’ve been playing hunter since Cata and played range surv from Cata up until they broke it going into patch 6.2 (HFC) in order to convert it over to melee.

1 Like

I really miss my ranged survival hunter. I loved the DoTs. I don’t like BM at all and Marksman (with a pet because Lone Wolf is stupid) just isn’t the same.

Just my two copper, but yeah, some of us miss the old spec. :sob:

4 Likes

Who knows what blizzard’s ideas are going forward. Maybe they decide a melee battle mage and a melee demo spec is the way to go :smiley:

I suppose a more productive avenue at this point is talking about how to improve the melee survival spec for SL as that decision has already been made by the dev team :man_shrugging:

Did they have 4 from the beginning (or near the beginning) of wow? I forget

My point is that if they do it now then the flood gates would open for the other three-spec classes to demand a 4th of whatever people believe their ideal version of a spec was. Possibly some MOP variant. Do you not agree?

Not from the begining because Guardian was originally part of feral .

But with that said when they made bear feral it’s own spec with Guardian they opened the door for others classes to have 4 specs and to be honest Survival should of remained range but with melee abilities to help get back to range .

The melee abilities were mainly defensive ones and most damage was actually done from range.

Surv may have been mainly melee prior to the first or 2nd patch of vanilla but like it’s current counter part it was mostly only viable in pvp . The primarily range version made it viable in both pve and pvp.

I did this expansion. I picked up my old blood elf hunter from TBC (she still had arrows and a quiver in her bank). Rolled survival and haven’t looked back.

Yes, I’m one of the weird ones. I don’t see many folks playing survival when I’m out and about but when I do we make it a point to say something about it.

I believe the ship has sailed on melee survival hunter. They would have to change the legion artifact legendary to accommodate and I don’t see them updating any old content. I think survival as-is makes for a unique playstyle that I actually enjoy quite a bit.

1 Like

There is nothing weird about you. You are beautiful and a treasure :slight_smile: .

Nah, my main alt is gonna be a surv hunter and I love the melee. I just want more attention to conduits and legendaries not being rehashed from BFA, and then a few talents moved around and I’m happy.

I never said that ranged survival and melee survival were the same. I said survival works fine as a melee spec (it does) and if you want ranged DPS play, you have two other options.

Don’t put words in my mouth.

No. boring.

1 Like

This. Spears being used to hunt is like, old age hunting and whatnot. Just because it’s melee in spec for this game doesn’t mean that it still isn’t a style of hunting that is legit for the class. It’s pretty primitive actually.
I get that Hunter was originally an all ranged spec, but it’s weird to act like it can’t be melee just because so many immediately think bow and arrow with it.

I never tried SV Hunter (I’m just too into BM because of all the pets okay) but I might with a Vulpera once I unlock it purely to try out the underdog spec like I like to do, and because I feel like it fits them given the spec name.

2 Likes

If you want melee with a pet, go play unholy DK, what’s that, it doesn’t play like MSV. There is the problem with this whole idea of go play one of the other two specs, they don’t play like old RSV, therefore that isn’t a good solution. Just bring RSV back as a 4th spec, let people who enjoy MSV keep their spec, everyone’s relatively happy.

2 Likes

And that wasn’t the player’s fault. That was Blizzard’s fault. By outright seeking to destroy a spec other people love, you are hurting the players. Ask for a fourth spec. There’s no reason for you to try and hurt people who actually enjoy the spec when there’s a blatant compromise. It’s not that hard.

4 Likes