Make survival ranged

This is true. MM is cast and burst based, while RSV was instant cast and dot and sustained based. They would need make Explosive shot talent to replace Aimed Shot at least and bring back Black Arrow as another talent.

I don’t think there’s a place in MM spec for this. They just need to add it as the fourth spec. I’d be happy if they did, I loved it.

1 Like

It lasts 30 seconds with an 8 yard radius? On a 30 second CD, so literally 100 percent uptime. You can also get a pvp talent for it which reduces melee attack speed by 50 percent. So if you are ever fighting a double melee comp you just fight them inside it and permanently give them a debuff. Also like I said its insane for kiting in M+. Being down for 30 seconds your tank can literally kite back and fourth through it.

You say frost shock is ranged? So what? SV is a melee spec the idea is to use your slow in melee. No different than a warrior using hamstring.

Harpoon is not useless in PVE, you are literally a bad player if you cant find uses for it. I use it to dodge corruption mechanics, dodge boss mechanics, priority swap quickly so I don’t lose uptime aka damage on a fight.

My solution is you stop ranting about a spec that you literally know nothing about. You are probably one of these people who saw it get changed never tried it and have been crying since day one.

No, classes need different options not just variations on the same playstyle

Hunter needs a tank spec

Admittedly, I’m forever salty about the removal of ranged survival because I quite enjoyed being a DoT hunter with poisoned arrows and the like. It was a really good spec theme they just decided to obliterate. But the worst part about it all was when they kept the two ranged specs both as burst DPS.

4 Likes

Awww… boo hoo hoo, want to insult me. Insulting someone is the first thing a person does when they don’t know what they are talking about, it is a very childish things one does to egg someone on. I cannot be trolled.

Blizzard ruined Survival Hunter for those of that played it. In Wrath it was the default spec for raiding, in Pandaria is was the most fun Spec imho. There was no reason to wreck it. Fine you are apart of the group that likes it, I never said to take it away. I want the play style back because it was enjoyable to me and others that enjoyed it.

Perhaps you should go play Warrior, it sounds like it is what you like. They can give warriors a pet then.

3 Likes

They tried. MM in Legion had both. But Explosive Shot was changed to a slow moving missile you detonate, instead of its old “Fire and it explodes 3x on the target”. It was bad. And never picked. Black Arrow was also tuned horribly so never picked. Plus they just don’t work for MM and aren’t nearly enough to give MM any semblance of RSV’s playstyle.

I am very passionate about the spec I played for over a decade. Most of my fondest memories of WoW are from playing that spec. I’m also quite calm. Just because I’m being blunt with other people who want to be blunt while also acting like MSV is some super mega hugely represented spec, when it’s not.

Mhm. But outside of Explosive(old Explosive) replacing Aimed Shot, much, much more would have to be done. Serpent Spread would have to replace Bombardment. Rapid Fire(Haste) would have to replace Trueshot, or just remove Trueshot. Steady Shot being replaced by Cobra Shot. Etc… Simply put, to make RSV work within MM, it would have to completely overshadow what MM is, thus killing MM in the process.

Hence, why lovers of RSV want our spec to come back as a fourth. The people who enjoy MSV lose absolutely nothing. But for some reason, the vast majority are adamantly against it.

Sustained damage utilizing dots with instant cast abilities is the same as a spec that depends on the pet for most of its damage, or the spec that is all about hardcasted abilities? That’s news to me!

For what it’s worth, I tried MSV, several times. I wanted to love it, since it replaced the spec I did love. It’s just anti fun to me. It’s not unique, or original. It’s literally melee BM with bombs. I did still force myself to play it, enough to get the Mage Tower appearance at least.

4 Likes

You are right. The person who’s literally mained Melee SV hunter since day one of it launching for the past 5-6 years know’s nothing about the spec. The same person having to give you detailed descriptions of the ability’s because you don’t know what they even do lmao…

They didn’t ruin it, they made it better and more fluent. Old SV was clunky and not great. It’s only real purpose ever was PVP. Which is one of your main complaints about current SV. That it’s only good at PVP and PVP is dead. I think from cata-legion old SV only ever was good in one raid which was BRF during WoD because of the Set bonus. Outside of that it was literally garbage for everything but PVP for its entire iteration.

You haven’t timed a 10, you haven’t downed the raid, you have 0 rating in pvp. I can see why ability’s are useless in your mind now. Guess i’ll move on. So you can keep your 1.3k forum post spam rating…

Don’t tell me what ability’s are good and bad when i’m 2.2k io and actively playing the class in higher end content. Actually disgusting to read.

1 Like

Great, so this is your spec. You will champion it no matter what. I still see it as a warrior in mail with a pet. My current off spec is Survival and I loathe Beast as a play style. I am sure that Blizzard thought people who liked ranged Survival would adapt to either Marks or Beast.

It is well known that Marks is not fun, it is low-mobility range spec. I try to adapt the old style of kiting to that spec in a PvE solo environment with Marks and it does not work. I prefer to have fun and enjoy playing as opposed to a career of number crunching. I like having a pet and being ranged, and not being a Beast Master. Beast is Pet Focus, Survival was Pet as a utility and ranged.

Again tryin to insult me, this is my forums toon. If you were intelligent you would have recognized that. Stating what my stats are on a DH is like the dumbest thing you have said so far. It really explains a lot about you.

2 Likes

How am I trying to insult you? I haven’t said a single insult. If typing facts is insulting too you. I don’t know what to tell you lmao. The fact of the matter is, you are doing casual content and telling me ability’s that make a huge difference in both PVP and PVE have no use, when it’s simply not true.

Cool it’s your forum toon. Guess what I can just look at your achievement’s. Which is how I told you all of that. You don’t have achievements for 1550 in any PvP, you didn’t earn an achievement for doing a 10 or above, and you didn’t earn an achievement for the raid. This isn’t rocket science here… Or let me guess it’s also your alt account which has 20k achievement points lmfaooooooooo

Yes I literally went out of my way to check, because everything you say actually makes not even a small amount of sense. You are literally arguing about ability’s I use multiple times a raid, arena, or dungeon saying they have no use… Like what?

What?

RSV was very strong for raiding. And even when it wasn’t the best, it was STILL the most represented hunter spec. Hell, most of its lifetime it was never top tier. It was always middle of the pack. But that didn’t change its representation at all. It severely outclassed both BM and MM in that, and most other classes as well. It was also very fluid. What are you on about?

I mean, if this is the card you are gonna play. Literally the first time it seems you actually raided was during WoD, or at least by your AotC’s. So you really don’t seem like you are in a good position to comment on how Survival was for raiding during MoP, Cataclysm or WotLK.

I wish Bepples would comment in this thread to spit some facts about its representation. Oh well, maybe they will. lol.

4 Likes

Listen, this is not your ‘change your mind’ forum.

I agree with the main poster and those that enjoy ranged survival. I also like melee survival as my offspec, but would never use it as my primary ever.

You have had Survival as you main spec for 5-6 years, it was my main spec for 5-6 years prior to that.

I do not want to play PvP, and personally I think that community got screwed hard. That is not something I will even debate. I mention PvP abilities because that is what they really are, I recognize them as such and less effective in PvE.

Again, this is an insult that shows your ignorance. I’m not even going to bother explaining since you are such a know it all, figure it out.

I made this account in the last 3 weeks of pandaria. You can even check achievements if you don’t believe me. The only reason why you mainly see from WoD on.

I can actively sit here and go through every single raid and tell you what the best hunter spec was if you like. I know for a fact SV only shined in BRF due to its set bonus.

Typically BM was always top dog. It was the best in Pandaria hands down, actually top 5 for majority of the expansion.

WoD was a mixed bag. It went back and fourth alot between the 3 specs each raid teir. However even then SV was only strong for BRF.

In cata BM and MM were both substantially better as well, outside of PVP. One of the reason’s BM was so strong during cata was because their pets could give out constant buffs making them ideal for raiding and dungeon content.

See the difference here? You call me out of something. I explain it in full detail. Versus this other person just spouts off random facts that aren’t facts… Like saying tar trap lasts 1 second when it lasts 30.

If they want to debate, they should at least get their facts straight first, before sounding like an imbecile.

How is it an insult? I have 24k myself.

It’s literally me proving something because you want to sit here and lie constantly. Lie about what ability’s do, lie about how good SV was in the past, lie about your skill level and it just being a forum poster.

Maybe if anything you said was an actual fact and I didn’t have to sit here and correct you every 5 seconds you wouldn’t feel so offended. That’s the world for you now a days though. Everything offends me ohh poor me… give me a break.

Facts don’t care about your feelings, sorry.

You miss my point. In fact, actively try and dodge what I said. I openly stated RSV was rarely top tier, in fact it was often middle of the pack. But it was still the most represented hunter spec for almost every tier. With an outlier here or there. But you seem to be of the mindset that “if it’s not top tier, it’s trash!”. /shrug.

There was a reason RSV was the most popular hunter spec and one of the most popular specs in the game. And contrary to what you seem to think, it wasn’t its raid or PvP performance. But people still enjoyed it enough to play it, even when it wasn’t the best spec. The only time when RSV’s popularity fell off hugely was the tail end of HFC, when its damage got deliberately gutted to being below tanks, in preparation of the Legion changes. And at that point, it just wasn’t viable at all, so naturally people swapped to BM or MM, or rerolled. Or quit.

Regardless. I just want my spec back as a fourth. I don’t want people who enjoy MSV to lose their spec. But again, most MSV fans seem so adamantly against that, when it wouldn’t affect them at all.

That said though, when a spec that was the most popular, is replaced with something so incredibly niche, and even stated as being “designed for non-hunters”(thus alienating the current community), it feels bad. And has done nothing but cause a huge rift in the community. A fourth spec would close that rift. Everyone would be happy.

It was and never has been the most represented though… In fact BM is actually in grand total the most represented class spec combination of all time in WoW. Partially because of how easy it was to learn.

In WoD, MM was the most played class/spec combo in the game specifically by a large margin. It was something like 12 percent of players were playing just that one spec. Which is also why when they changed it for Legion everyone was beyond confused. Why would you completely alter the most favored spec in the game at the current time.

I never said I had an issue with you wanting a ranged option though. Or the other person wanting a ranged option. Read through all of this dialog you will never see that from me.

What I have a problem with is someone generating a false narrative to push their own perspective when every fact they are using to back up their ideal’s is a complete lie, or ignorant of the truth. Which is what this other DH is doing.

Nah, just make survival a good melee spec.

2 Likes

Amen, brother.

I never lied about anything.

You are a newer player, so you lack the experience and history.

Tar Trap does not reduce movement sufficiently to be useful in PvE against Mob’s.

Harpoon does not make sense in a PvE environment, its just for fun.

Everything can be used situationally, and that is what you learn in PvP. PvE does work that way.

A lot of us liked the old survival hunter. Change our mind. You won’t.

A lot of us would like to play like that again.

Not attacking people who like melee. Keep it.

What do you not get?

You seem to think this game revolves around you.

It doesn’t.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen me. I haven’t seen another survival hunter in the world. And to be honest, to be able to tame special pets, BM is probably my favorite spec.

I really enjoyed survival in TBC. Nobody understood why I played it, but it was a lot of fun. I liked laying traps and leading stuff into it, and when I could get a player into it, WHOOP!

I can see how survival would be good in very specific situations, but there aren’t many of those situations around outside of PvP, and even there I think it’s much more situational than other classes and specs. It’s just a weird spec to play.