Make Preach a game thats like overwatch with raids

I think it’s funny how many bad players are salty about this interview. “Oh no, the person who only does high end raiding had a discussion with the game director about high end raiding wahhh”

Not sure how you guys are shocked about this. Of course he isn’t going to talk about pet battles and transmog.

2 Likes

i agree the raiding community the top end and the forum wanna be top ends are the real problem with the wow community. wow is an RPG first and a MMO second.

you do realise your only making the OP’s point more valid right.

1 Like

Overwatch 2 is going to have PvE. It basically is a PvE expansion for Overwatch. But its going to have talents and builds and what not.

the only people i see on this thread agree with preach are the very people The OP mentioned . you do realise your only making his point more valid you raiders are the minority and frankly its your own fault which started in end of TBC and has only gotten worse leading to LFG LFR and such.

1 Like

I feel using Preach audience is a horrid source, every content creater attracts a different crowd. I dont agree with Preach on subjects and honestly wouldn’t have watched this vid if it didnt have Ion in it.

1 Like

That Preach guy needs to go outside. He looks like he has not seen the sun for years.

I mean, log off the damn game once in a while and your perspectives just may change.

You don’t really understand. Nobody cares about LFR or LFG. High end raiders just don’t want to have to jump through a million hoops to raid. The last 2 expansions Blizz designs content to keep casuals on the hamster wheel, but then makes it mandatory for players at the high end to farm for 16 hours a day (ex: islands). Preach just doesn’t want that level of silliness anymore. I agree with him as someone who isn’t even at the top end.

7 Likes

His preference is everyone is the same variance in performance is based on skill. Doesn’t feel like RNG power like infinite stars is good. Because the game can randomly make you perform amazing best in the world on a boss which happened to him on a boss, and he didn’t like it.

While I could see the value of some of Preach’s points, when he essentially said that the ideal world is where no gear exists in WoW I think that invalidates most of his opinions.

WoW is a gear based RPG where most of the game revolves around increasing player power. WoW never will be an FPS game where no one has the advantage over someone else.

And WoW has been super competitive at the high end even with all the limits preventing “only skill mattering”. And they’ve always existed. And have actually gotten better over the years.

Shadowlands actually should be very favorable to the idea of having power being on the hands of the player compared to previous expansions.

The only xpac which has been closest to “pure skill” was WoD. And we know how that turned out… Even that though at the end you couldn’t have every legendary ring at equal power.

So he didn’t cry about threats he received after he made a video trying to screw over the entire casual player base? He got caught cheating so I doubt he has any type of Integrity he probably got some of his guildies or friends to make those threats.

He was also very quick to make that video and get his Yes men to invade the forum saying how the casuals are the worst people alive.

If Blizzard wanted to make an example of them they should have permabanned him.

1 Like

He didn’t say this at all. In fact, he mentions in the interview that the best raiding times were when people had a clear path to gearing where they could set and achieve their goals.

There was warforging and random sockets in WoD. So no. BC through MoP was where skill mattered most. And these were arguably some of the best expansions for everyone, casuals and top end players alike.

4 Likes

Going through previous xpacs:

up through Cata was the “wonderful” and “skillful” design of only 1 player getting an absolutely broken legendary.

Up through MoP we had gear not sharing the same primary stats as well as needing different tier pieces for different specs. And without M+ As well as only having 1 lockout in a raid this basically prevented you from ever gearing a respectable off spec.

Legion gave us at launch the horribleness of Legiondaries. Fixed later but took awhile. And then was the Netherlight crucible which added more rng to gearing.

BfA… we know how that turned out with Azerite at the start not working and then corruption. (8.2 wasn’t bad)

The start of Shadowlands looks promising especially with them going to fix conduit destruction. Full control over legendaries, can switch soulbinds at anytime, and can re spec trees. Currently btw, none of the soulbinds are that powerful. At least not in the throughput department. There’s some situationally great effects on some of them but that’s about it. Power is in the conduits which are not covenant exclusive.

You couldn’t achieve those goals though. You couldn’t gear off specs during progression. There was 1 raid lockout, there was no M+. It was rng to get the needed gear in the first place to drop and give it to the best classes let alone off specs.

Imo, as Classic has shown, BC is very hard to look back on as people sort of sucked. Gearing was terrible and there was the rng of getting warglaives to drop for instance. The ability to get what you wanted was incredibly out of your hands. Didn’t only 2 pieces drop from bosses for a raid of 25?

At the end of Legion, you could pretty easily gear off specs with M+ and purchaseable and targeted legendaries. 8.2 in BfA was pretty good with that too.

That is 100% false. After you killed a boss 2-3 times, loot always went up for offspec roll. It was not hard to have a viable offspec within a month of the new raid tier.

Seems like you are getting really off topic here. We are talking about when skill was the main determining factor of output. Legion and BFA was absolutely not that with titanforging, corruption, random sockets, etc.

2 Likes

What I meant about BC, and I should’ve added this, is people didn’t know what they were doing and the bosses took a lot longer to defeat than we kill them now and how fast they will be killed if we get a BC server.

So people did eventually get that gear. But if we were to go back now to BC, gearing would be a huge problem. Also, people weren’t as concerned with absolute BiS as they are now. Oh, and Blizz didn’t know how to design gear.

But, that does not take away from the fact that gearing was incredibly slower. 2 drops off a boss in 25 man, in a large loot table. The numbers do not add up to being able to gear quickly let alone give them to off specs.

On top of that were legendaries like Warglaives which blew skill out of the water.

While not a MoP specific thing, there were some trinkets which were absolutely required to do good dps for some specs. UVLS for Warlocks, and RoRo for WW monk and Feral Druid. If you never got those to drop, you were basically useless. And it definitely happened quite a bit.

There has never been a time where rng or things out of your control did not impact your performance, sometimes in drastic ways.

Obviously these are just averages and some groups got super lucky and some super unlucky. Also I know not everyone needed tier bonuses.

Iirc in MoP, tier bosses dropped 3 pieces of tier. So 33% chance to get the one you need to drop. And about 8 players of each token, 6 that would use them (I believe each person needing 4/5). So 18 kills on average to get every player that tier piece. And THEN an off spec could get it.

I remember when it took a big nerf. It took 2min+ for my first proc more than once. Fun trinket when it procced on pull though.

Oh ya, I definitely remember the outrage over when they “fixed” rppm trinkets to not proc on the pull.

And that’s another skillful thing they took away in MoP.

Imo, people concentrate too much on aspects of the game which in theory take away from “skill”. The cream rises to the top regardless. Same guilds will always be at the top no matter how much theoretical bad luck they can have. And as seen in the MDI where everyone is equal, mostly the same players are at the top anyways

It doesn’t mean on occassion it’s not frustrating, but the end result is the same, and you keep pretty standard gear and class based rpg elements too. Even pen and paper DnD has restrictions. A lot more than WoW.