Make Preach a game thats like overwatch with raids

1. No levels
  2. No talent trees
  3. No choices
  4. No semblance of an rpg element anywhere.

Ion said it best: Preach wants his tracer to be like someone else’s tracer. What he wants is Overwatch with raids, soulless numbered templates so he can raid with his buddies and compare who did the most dps all day. That’s where he will take wow if you let him. So instead of ruining wow for the rest of us that have been with the game forever because we enjoy the journey, and being unique, and making meaningful impactful choices, make him an overwatch DLC with raids. Problem solved.

Pretty sure it’s gonna be the “e-sport” meta of the century.

67 Likes

Guess these threads weren’t good enough to post in?

34 Likes

Most people that play this game like player agency. Preach’s stance represents the opinions of far more people than yours.

61 Likes

One of the first three google results for “preach wow” is a video from 2013 wherein he claims that WoW is dying. I’ll take that to mean this guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

29 Likes

We do not speak of that video. Lest we raise it from the dead.

3 Likes

Ah yes the old “my opinion is obviously shared by everyone” approach, an approach to critical though on par with the flat earther staple “I dont see how it can be true, so it clearly isnt”.

LOL

2 Likes

preach been playing longer than you. even I have been playing longer than you.

You just wanna ruin the game for a certain demographic cuz ur jealous.

covenants not having impact on performance hurts no one. and everyone can then pick covenants based on aesthetics.

27 Likes

I gave up honestly. He said it he wants to raid log and his bias shows. That interview I’m watching now currently and it’s becoming a clown show.

4 Likes

Let’s go all in on this idea. Classes should have no impact on performance. Everyone can pick classes based on asthetics.

This would fix all the problems your segment of the population has, more than swappable covenants ever would.

It would kill WoW as the game we all know, but it would be balanced esport!

11 Likes

You are delusional.

5 Likes

this post is horribly under informed

I don’t think you know anything about preach, just what you’ve been told

11 Likes

This isn’t a matter of opinion it was STATED in the video. I can point the exact moment in seconds if you want that Ion asks him: Say there’s 3 hunters in a raid, would it be desirable for you and your community (i.e. elitists) if the only difference between them was how efficient were they in pushing buttons and Preach said “I cant see how that wouldnt be the case”.

There’s no other path to that other than TEMPLATES. And if we dont have specs, we have fixed templates, whats the point in leveling? Whats the point in having talent trees? In choosing a legendary? Preach wants overwatch with raids. He wants 36 templates that whoever chooses one of them will be the exact same to whoever chose that same template minus the performance. And that is not what an rpg game is like! and that is why this whole e-sport debacle was a mistake from day one, rpgs are not e-sport.

I wasnt told anything i just watched him try to convince head of wow Ion that wow should be overwatch with raids. Video is in the front page of mmo champion and his intentions are pretty obvious.

13 Likes

This guy swore that all hunters would be benched in high end 8.3 content.

He does not know everything. Everything he says is his opinion, with no guarantees.

Until he presents his information that way, and that he is at best guessing what the future will be, why would anyone take him seriously?

3 Likes

you are a level 101. you havent even played the game yet.

5 Likes

2 abilities =/= class

borrowed power that will go away at end of expansion =/= classes

Also, you’re only level 100. you havent even played the game yet so I dont expect you to comprehend these issues.

7 Likes

I happen to agree 100% that RPGs are not an e-sport, and it is not something blizzard has had a part in on the PVE side until recently with the Famed Slayer achievement. Everything else was community based pressure.

I also think the only way 3 players of the same class should differentiate themselves is on the basis of gear, when gear is pure, no corruptions or random 30% damage increasing affixes.

I do not want templates, that is a stupid idea, but I also don’t think a choice you made early on should lock you in to something that makes you objectively worse than others who chose differently.
The only choice in RPGs that should differentiate you are story based ones, aside from the class and spec you choose.

3 Likes

Go level and get some achievement points.

2 Likes

IQ 200. Realizing people don’t even post on mains… like that proves anything to low-life elitists like you.

5 Likes

Obviously not cause he’s just arguing for less restrictions on how we’re allowed to play, from his perspective. Which is that of a mythic raider.

And from mine, as a fairly casual player, I don’t like being forced to pick aesthetic with abilities tied to them. I don’t think it adds anything that people think is rpg-like to the game, because rpgs don’t ask you to make every decision at once.

and that’s all I take it as, but I haven’t concluded that he wants to turn wow into overwatch with raids

4 Likes

To be honest, when Preach said he wanted his Deathknight to be exactly the same as someone else’s Deathknight, I feel like he lost so much ground against Ion. Sorry, no Preach, you don’t get why people play this game. Imagine playing World of Warcraft PvE of all things for a level playing field.

Asmongold said it best, people raid in wow to get phat loot and to use that loot to donk on other kids. There are exceptions, obviously, but be real about who is playing this game.

17 Likes