Make Preach a game thats like overwatch with raids

Bro Preach has cleared N’zoth you’re only 4 bosses into mythic. You have 0 credibility trying to do character assassinations based on skill.

You need to lay off your vendetta against Preach, it’s quite disturbing. You’ve now made several threads about him…crazy forum people…

8 Likes

If he is so skilled why is he not playing real skill based games and being top there like rts, fps, mobas? ;^)

1 Like

Because he doesn’t like them? Are you insane or something…? :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone minds the whole idea behind the covenants and RP/meaningful choices aspect of it, but the implementation is another story if we’re going by the good old vanilla re-specing standards.

I’m just a noob but I don’t think blizzard should put every idea into the “stretch the players’ time because their time is our money for we are goblins” blender. I mean I understand blizzard is a business and wants to make players keep playing the game, but at least have 5 things in every expansion that’s purely fun and just for the players, or maybe I’m just asking for too much like the casual noob that I am who is ruining the game according to elite hardcore players.

2 Likes

You made an argument based on skill, if skill and competition is all some people care about then wow isnt the game for them since as Ion said, will never truly be as competitive and skill based as the others.

2 Likes

Who cares what Ion said? The guy only talks spin with 0 meaningful answers behind anything he says.

Till you are able to compete with world first guilds or +25 pushers or 3600 Gladiators, you simply have no authority to say that WoW isn’t a competative game. You’re just a 4/12 Mythic scrub, you’re no better then me really…and I pug Heroic Raids.

And It’s wasn’t me making an argument based on skill. That was entirely your bollocks argument.

4 Likes

Lmao you are so mad that the devs dont give a damn about high end, like Ion said, they are making a game for everyone, not for the tryhards that will never get to enjoy the game because no matter how much they balance, the high end will always obsess over mathematically best performing builds.

I will simply enjoy knowing the fact that Ion quite literally told you that the game will never truly be competitive because your performance will always include non skill factors : 3

Ima go enjoy the necrolord covenant and doing m+, mythic and casual pvp without giving a damn about meta now, bye

2 Likes

No, I’m mad that in trying to balance the game for every grandmother with arthritis who cannot click her abilities, they are dragging this game into a direction that makes it unfun to play for both high and medium end of wow’s player base who enjoy playing to upgrade their character’s power.

I’m not a mythic raider and never will be due to RL problems, but at the Heroic end I try to take every point of power I can to make my character as powerful as I can and guess what? I can usually demolish people who don’t care about their character’s choices in the Heroic category. I enjoy doing that, why do you enjoy taking the aspect of min-maxing away from people who enjoy playing like that?

It’s so spiteful and giddy that you’re ruining others playstyles over what? Imagined RPG elements that haven’t existed in this game for 14 years?

4 Likes

Ion is smart and explaining his reasoning well, hope it works

1 Like

MMOs(and specifically WoW) are simple games. Having so much of your ego riding on a hotbar RPG versus something that is more challenging is absurd.

1 Like

This, truly skilled players that care about skill and competition play real high skillcap games like rts, fps, mobas etc.

Mediocore players who want to feel they are great even though they cant compete on the above games focus on low skillcap games like wow so they can pretend to be great and skilled.

Anyone who tells themselves that wow is a hard game is deluding themselves, even scripe the RL of method has said multiple times WoW really isnt a hard game.

1 Like

At the end of Legion we lost the “borrowed” power from our weapons…

Sounds like Division 2!
Especially after Warlords of New York…

We gain and lose abilities every expansion calm down. They also have changed some classes talents slighty for this expansion from BFA. Perhaps you dont know what you are talking about.

Is this some sort of Trumpian bull&&&& logic “he said this, but what he actually meant was this”? Sorry but no, when someone is talking we as a wider community will largely accountable them for what they said, not what you think they meant.

Preach has said he wants a “level playing field”. That is not WoW. That is absolutely positively not what WoW is about. Certainly not raiding. MDI or AWC maybe, but certainly not raiding. Dude lives in a grand delusion.

1 Like

He doesn’t mind someone that puts more effort into gearing being better geared. What he and many others (myself included) think sucks is RNG being the most important thing in the game. Like he said in the chat with ion he did more damage 10 ilvls and many corruption ago purely because he had a god pull with infinsye stars. That’s sucks when your biggest damage dealer as a moonkin in 100%passive damage.

3 Likes

Posting on alts hurts your ego eh. Thanks for proving my point when you seemingly are just always going on the attack with no practical response. Spare me the predictable behavior.

Your armory tells me you are far from min-max’d bud.

He certainly seems to have a problem with some other Hunter having an edge over him, that’s literally the point.

And Ion said that was a mistake with tuning and the % stat corruptions were intended to be better and they got the numbers wrong. I’m not really sure what else you’re looking for here - mistakes like this happen. This has nothing to do with the “level playing field” argument anyways, it has to do with performance variance which is a different RPG aspect than build diversity and a level playing field between builds.

RNG in loot acquisition and RNG in performance are two different things. Ion has said that RNG in performance should be smaller than the impact, and that they got it wrong. But stuff like loot acquisition and choices like Covenants are always a part of an MMO like WoW and will never be going away. WoW will never be a tournament realm where you talk to a vendor and get your template raid loot and the other guy gets his template raid loot.

1 Like

Better idea. Make Kaelthor a Forum where he can talk to himself, and believe people care.