Make it easier to block characters who have their profile hidden

the OP explained the very simple and efficient steps required to ignore someone with a hidden profile, did you read that?

Probably because it’s useful to have a feature easily accessible for when others need it.

2 Likes

“It’s just a really weird thing that the hidden profile blocks the block option, and it should be easier.”
dId YoU rEaD tHaT?

1 Like

If you have to go as far as ignoring someone then just stop reading anything they say. It’s not a difficult task to just skip over what someone says.

1 Like

hidden profiles do not stop someone from ignoring them and the OP explains the steps to do just that - ignore a hidden profile.

“It’s just a really weird thing that the hidden profile blocks the block option, and it should be easier.”

1 Like

but it doesn’t though - see the OP’s discussion of how to ignore a poster with a hidden profile:

Yes, but that didn’t really answer the question. If it’s not a known troll or flamer, how do you decide who to skip over? Do you just pick people randomly?

Assume that it’s some random normal forum user that you don’t know. How do you decide to skip over what they say or not without reading it first.

"Right now blocking someone with a visible profile is pretty easy. Click on profile, dropdown, then choose time frame. Easy.

For a hidden profile you have to copy their name, open your open profile preferences, go to preferences in side of it, choose users, click add, paste the name, find the person…then choose the time frame.

It’s just a really weird thing that the hidden profile blocks the block option, and it should be easier."

1 Like

Hidden profiles and low level characters shouldn’t even be able to post in the first place.

Really weird behavior

1 Like

yes, exactly… just follow those steps and you can ignore everyone you want - even if they don’t have a hidden profile.

I quit reading what some posters post based on my interactions with them. I don’t have anyone on my ignore list, I don’t need to put anyone there. Nobody here is going to offend me so much that I need to do the whole out of sight, out of mind thing like parents do to their kids. I just stop responding to them and stop reading what they say.

Honestly that would solve a lot of problems we see on here.

it takes me less than 15 seconds to ignore someone with a hidden profile, how much easier do we need than 15 seconds?

"Right now blocking someone with a visible profile is pretty easy. Click on profile, dropdown, then choose time frame. Easy.

For a hidden profile you have to copy their name, open your open profile preferences, go to preferences in side of it, choose users, click add, paste the name, find the person…then choose the time frame.

It’s just a really weird thing that the hidden profile blocks the block option, and it should be easier."

(Honestly it’s really funny to watch you argue with yourself as I copy/paste the same responses over and over again. This is how you troll someone btw)

1 Like

You seem really defensive about treating hidden profiles the same as everyone else.

What’s wrong with you?

so when you say easier, how much easier do you need?

it currently takes less than 15 seconds.

Well… they can’t even comprehend I am just quoting the original post back to them over and over. That should tell you everything you need to know :joy:

1 Like

you said that you wanted it to be easier to ignore someone with a hidden profile… but it currently takes only 15 seconds.

is 15 seconds genuinely too much of a time investment for you?