Make it easier to block characters who have their profile hidden

Because they are one of the sock puppets of one of the usual trolls and wants it to be harder for others to ignore them

3 Likes

no, i just post on a character that i don’t play in-game and that is sufficient.

if my btag were publicly posted on the forums for everyone to see, then anyone could use my btag maliciously - keeping in mind that everyone on the internet can view the WoW Forums, meaning that a malicious person wouldn’t need a wow sub in order to misuse my btag to harrass me.

Oh, please, I had my BattleTag post on the forums for a very long time, and never seen any such behaviour. Even had it posted outside of the old BattleTag threads.

Oh, just like what you do with the character-server? Yeah, did you forget what you did the other day?

1 Like

what did i do? sorry you must have me confused with someone else.

Classic coming from the most comon form of troll

"Low level classic toon "

Only thing that would of made you even more obvious of one is if you were a level 55 classic DK or a level 58 or 59 Drakthyr

1 Like

So you are already effectively posting anonymously and don’t have to worry about people finding you in game to insult or sell you gold.

1 Like

You know what you did. Don’t play innocent.

So you’re complaining that it takes a whole extra 2 seconds to block someone?

1 Like

You literally can’t help yourself. I’d ask if you are here to flame, but I think that is already obvious.

If you don’t know how to block someone with a hidden profile it takes longer, as in to find out how then doing so because it is not intuitive to outright remove the button for ignoring someone on the “user profile is hidden” page.

That is all there is to it, if they just put the button back on, problem solved.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that concept is lost on them.
And if you notice, the ones primarily making a fuss over this are the ones with hidden profiles lol.

People shouldn’t get so worked up over a video game forum. Just skip over reading what someone says. How do you deal with people irl at places like your job that you’re forced to work with? Do you just ignore them and report them to the boss if you hear them speak? Nothing here is serious enough to get as worked up as people do here at times.

1 Like

well lucky for you, the OP here lists the method required to ignore someone with a hidden profile - now it’s quite simple and efficient to do so.

sorry, you must have me confused with someone else.

Not really a good comparison. People don’t report others to their bosses simply for speaking. It’s the content that matters. Works exactly the same way here.

Don’t read the content. You can’t get offended if you don’t read the content. There are posters who reply to me often and I skip right over them, then they’ll try to jump in and reply to me again, I don’t waste my time reading what they say. I guess that’s just me, I don’t need something to be out of sight for it to be out of mind.

1 Like

Catching up on the random GD threads and as expected a post with the words hidden and or ignore in them seem to trigger a response from people that aren’t worth hearing with nonsense and circular arguments.

2 Likes

Exactly why I don’t use the ignore function.

Usually how it works. And it’s usually the same ones too. At the very least, it’s free entertainment.

1 Like

so then why do you care how many mouse clicks it takes to ignore someone?

This is a legit question. If I don’t read the content, how will I know if it’s something that I should avoid?

Sure, there are some users that are obvious trolls and people who like to flame and you can skip those, but I think the majority of posters are not. So how do I know if I shouldn’t read it if I don’t read it first?

Asked and answered.

You really suck at this trolling thing.

1 Like