Make Essences account wide

While i get what you are trying to say and the point you’re trying to make, this doesn’t actually fly anymore. This is exactly how Final Fantasy works and it’s doing just fine.

In fact, at a certain point, you can start gearing for other jobs (specs/classes in wow); while playing your main-job.

This isn’t even a unique concept anymore. It’s one of the many reasons a lot of people have jumped ship to Final Fantasy recently. Including many of my best friends whom have played WoW for ages. >.>

6 Likes

How about the pvp ones that are tied to an achievement which IS account wide but the essence isn’t :confused:

2 Likes

The first essence you get, the fire one, isn’t that bad for most classes and specs. I’d argue that’s enough for alts. But yes if you want to min/max on alts that much you might want to do more.

Honestly the whole way we acquire essences is dumb.
Having a few of them tied to quests based on your heart lvl is fine but having different ones from every conceivable activity is damn annoying.
It would have been much better to just have a vendor in the heart chamber that sold all of them for a currency that you get from all the different activities.
That way people could grind out the essences that are best for their playstyle with their preferred activity.

Im lucky that fury warriors can use the easiest ones to get, i don’t want to think about my alts…

5 Likes

I kinda enjoy farming honour for the pvp essence and would do it again on my alts, but unfortunately the PvP island requirement will put a stop to that.

If PvP islands were random queueable i’d be fine, but needing a group of three? i just barely managed for my main.

2 Likes

Honestly, as I posted over here–

I really do think that essences, at the very least ranks 1 & 2, should be account wide. Thinking about having to re-farm them on top of EVERYTHING ELSE if I ever end up changing mains just sounds daunting to me having to re-unlock the basic essences. I would be fine with having to re-earn ranks 3-4 but at least having the basic essences would be kinda nice for alts or if you change up mains.

12 Likes

They have?

looks at server list

Mine seem to still have their digital pulse. :wink:

Yeah this ticks me off.

I agree with this.

2 Likes

Anything that’s part of a characters power progression should not be account wide.

Agreed on them being account wide, tbh. Tank is my favorite role and a much-needed part of the player population, but my tank’s my alt and there’s no way in heck I’m going to go and do all the stuff to get him BiS essences.

Disagreed on the PvP thing, though. If you pretend other players are NPCs, there’s legitimately no difference between PvP and PvE. Buck up and run some epic battlegrounds, kiddo.

1 Like

Here is the reason I have a problem with this, it’s all time gated content. If I want to go play my alt, I can’t grind it, I have to do something for 30 minutes then wait a day to do it again for 20 days. For example, lucid dreams daily quests with the follower xp, its 300 per day and I need 6000 for rank 3.(6000/300=20) Personally this completely demotivates me to ever play any of my alts, I already did this repetitive content for over a month, I’m not about to do it for another month just to get my alt viable again.(exalted rep for ert) Another honorable mention is getting denied into +2s for being 20 ilvls below my main(I linked my 1k io season 3 main). This is a great reason why the gear jump shouldn’t have been this high, now there is no way to get into anything as my ilvl is to low. I personally want to see less time gating especially for alts, I would like to be able to grind the game instead of sitting around waiting for next weeks surprise mechanics… I mean weekly chests.

3 Likes

+1 to this. Essences killed my will to play BFA. But silver lining is it’s made me catch up on BC and WotLK reps. So there’s that.

1 Like

Except some " alts " aren’t really side projects. There’s people like myself who runs three or more classes to fill voids in a given raid team. If I’m on my DK and the raid needs a Warlock I have one. If they need a Hunter I have one of those too. I can see the point if someone has a million alts and they’re complaining about it but the system really screws over people who make other characters for the benefit of whatever team they run with.

2 Likes

I agree with the OP.

Having said that, I never play my alts in a manner in which they’re anything more than a set of professions for me to max each expansion.

It would be nice to have the cool stuff unlocked via my main, but I don’t take the alts seriously enough to do the work to unlock it.

If I want to play some alts, I’d have to grind 50,000 Honor in BGs to do so.

I’d have to grind Exalted with Rustbolt to play my healers.

Etc. Things like this are NOT happening. Period. End of story.

I’m choosing instead to end my subscription when I finish collecting the pets and such on my main that I need until the next major patch comes out than play my alts.

This is bad for Blizzard, and they need to see it. Alt players are going to choose to end their subscriptions than keep playing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t mention the 50k honor bg thing since I really didn’t need it on my healer alt, and I also find bgs to be fun sometimes to spam. Edit: unlike rep grinding lol.

Most BGs give less than 1000 honor per BG. Which means that’s over 50 BGs. I don’t mind BGs. But the amount you need is ridiculous, considering you need to do it on multiple alts. I don’t even have rank 3 on my main yet.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree I wouldn’t do it again. I know how long it takes, I got it already on my druid.

No. Expansion long items/abilities of power have never been account wide and never will be. It takes little to no effort to get rk1 essences unlocked for your alts.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it personally if it wasn’t time gated.

My idea would be to make Essences up to rank 2 account-wide so you have to do SOMETHING on each character in order to get the best one.