Make Balance Druid great again

Boomkins used to be good but now they’re just utility bots. Damage is so abysmal the overall dps is worse than pvp specs.

Is it too late to get a change of some sort? Boomkins tier 8 4p was pretty good with Insect Swarm damage having a chance to make the next Starfire an instant cast, could that become a major glyph considering no one will ever use t8 4p ever again. Or maybe give Lunar and Solar procs a 100% chance to proc with a crit of its respective spell that procs it. And let out damn dots have a chance to crit like all the other casters lol.

In my opinion with the amount of utility that they bring I think a buff is justified. Soon you won’t even need to bring one just bring more fire mages, I mean after all they will be doing double to triple their damage like they already are lol. Or maybe I’m reaching hard

You’ll still want a feral druid in each melee party though…

S-Tier huh? I guess we’ll see how things are in later phases, and if Ret/Prot are indeed S-tier. Holy has traditionally been quite strong.

:woman_shrugging:

Elem and Boomies are the worst 2.
But then you could say, both Enha and Feral are doing great. And some would say, “So why not play those specs instead?”

Then it really begs to question, do they really need a buff? Especially now? We are at 20% buff next week. And prog is done for most people up to LK. Most guilds should really be at least 10/12 HC by now.

Tons of guilds got to 11/12H prebuff.

Meta has finally settled. No one has the expectation for either of those to dominate meters in full BIS environment. They are still competitive, unless you play exclusively within 0.1% of top players.

Realistically, it’s not going to make any difference at this point.

I love Elem. I’m gearing up my ele alt right now as we speak. 5.6 and climbing.

The whole utility argument is garbage.
Paladins got best ingame utility with the single best raid cooldown, and all 3 specs are S-tier.
Feral got same utility as Boomie and is S-tier.
Mages got best personal cooldown and are S-tier.
Hunters got best mobility and are A-tier.

Everyone class got something unique that they bring. Just because 1 class/spec brings 1 extra thing doesn’t really justify it being poor performance spec.

But i’m just saying that Elem/Boomie buff is not going to hurt. But it also won’t really make any difference. You can still parse 99’s as Elem and you will be on the main roster every single time.

Cries in elemental shaman.

At this point it really doesn’t matter, Ele isn’t a liability for HLK with the 15% buff. I can usually 99 on ele even in low kill times and top meters in sub 2 hour 11/12 H runs. 11/12H runs are pretty breezy even in kind of mediocre pugs with the buff out now.

Ele and boomkin COULD use buffs… but it’s not going to happen. Cata/prepatch is around the corner and it would be a kind of weird change given the timelines of everything.

1 Like

Wrath forums, you only want 1 and fury covers the same buff.

Glyph of Omen of Clarity Fire + Swipe (LOLCat) = lulz

I think it’s too late in WotLK to be asking for changes, if you want changes you should probably ask for it in Cataclysm.

1 Like

Hello, in Wrath of Lich King Classic does resto druid have any reason to use Cure Poison over Abolish Poison in PVE? The spell seems to have the same mana cost and work all the time?

No, in the same way paladins don’t really use purify over cleanse (there’s some niche pvp scenarios where its usable but outside of that no).

2 Likes

Thanks, you saved me a bind <3

1 Like

Blizzard is done giving any kind of crap about wrath. Also, it’s the last phase with all content already out and nothing new to do until cataclysm.

2 Likes

lol so true

It’s too late for us buddy =c

What’s like for Boomies in Cataclysm?

iirc, early phase boomies SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

1 Like

Yup, even stuff they said they would look into, hasn’t happened. Cough cough fixing PvP flagging in dungeons.

“Coming days” its been 63 days since that was posted.

2 Likes

PvP flagging was adjusted.

The only thing that I’ve that is not cross-flag is Gamma range caster mini heroism buff and shaman’s tremor totem.

The rest of the things, including actual Heroism/Lust is cross-flag. All raid buffs are cross-flag too.

1 Like

It was literally just reverted back to the mess it was in before they attempted to fix it.

Pvp server characters still get pvp flagged in dungeons while pve players dont leading to the issue that prompted the fix in the first place. AoE buffs and heals don’t work on a pvp flagged character when you’re not pvp flagged.

Instead of just removing pvp flags from everyone in dungeons or just getting rid of that function that might’ve during it’s course prevented 1 guy from dying from flagging by buffing his party in an open world zone they just left it as it has been all of classic. In a bad situation that you can kind of work around.

So… Normal day for boomkins and eles then.

Maybe they were part of the 1900 people just laid off.