[Main Thread] Patch 8.3.7 - Known Issue with Mouse and Camera Movement Issues

Build: 35284 on the 8.3.7 PTR

This build is working perfectly for RawMouseEnable 1.

Any update on timeframe for patch into live/retail?

1 Like

Did the ptr fix the mouse getting stuck so to speak when clicking? i would check myself but its later here and i need to sleep lol

Is there anything we can do to help get the “sticky mouse” issue solved? It’s getting VERY frustrating.

1 Like

rawMouseEnable 1 is still broken/camera rotates with mouse while moving even though no mouse buttons are pressed.

Change it from 1 to 0

I checked this out and compared with live while trying to delete an item and clicking really fast the rubber banding issue seems to be non existent while in live it happens 90% of the time when I’m testing with the same method. Hopefully they can push this build out soon because It’s becoming extremely annoying and almost unplayable on live atm.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know they seemed to fix both in 1 go. now to hope they release it soon!

It would be nice to be able to play WoW. It’s the third day now that I can not play WoW. This topic has over 5k views. This is a massive issue that should have been addressed within hours of the initial patch.

Oh man, I’m having this issue too. I thought something was wrong with my mouse, took it apart and cleaned it, etc. Hope this gets fixed soon, I wanted to come back and start playing but this is discouraging.

i recently bought a new mouse and pad, thinking that would fix this issue that i randomly started experiencing and only noticed wednesday morning while in nazjatar.

apparently this is a game wide issue right now but i havent heard a word of response from blizzard regarding this issue.

i have a 6 month sub and preordered shadowlands, so they already have my money. but now that the game is nearly unplayable (and certainly not desirable especially for a healer, which i main), the feeling im getting is rather unsettling. im not one of those “played the game since BC or vanilla” people. i started in bfa, and if they dont fix this crap, its gonna end here. ive already spent my dollar attempting to fix your mistakes, what are you doing about it? fix. no pleases or thank yous for your errors, just do your job and at the very least, give us an update as to why the incompetence, what you are doing to fix it and perhaps, MAYBE a time frame when we can expect this issue resolved?

2 Likes

Ok, it’s day three of this clown show. Hey blizz, this issue that you created is a pretty big deal…?

1 Like

I just saw a small patch, after checking the patch notes there were no mentions of this bug being address. Sad days. Hopefully we don’t have to wait until the shadowlands prepatch because that’d be just ludicrous. This is a huge issue and causing a lot of problems.

Little patch just now seemed to have fixed it. God bless.

The small patch did not fix the cursor issue.

I tested this 10 minutes ago, and it was not fixed. Tested again a minute ago, and it is fixed. Specifically, with /console rawMouseEnable 1 set again, you can move your mouse while moving (with W) and it does not drag the screen view around like it did yesterday/10 minutes ago.

Ok, a 66mb patch just went through and appears to have fixed the cursor issue.

Looks like the new build is LIVE and hopefully it has fixed the mouse issue.

Test it for yourself:
/console rawMouseEnable 1 should no longer let your camera pan around with your mouse while using movement keys. Hopefully the camera and mouse bugs, usually mouse getting stuck on clicking or interacting with items/npcs, should be gone as well.

/console rawMouseEnable 0 should go back to working as usual, but with less “sticking” or hijacking of your mouse. Things like it getting stuck on clicks or resetting in the center. Last on PTR I checked the mouse will sometimes appear for a split second in a different position, but its a cosmetic bug that should not interfere with gameplay. Most of you won’t even notice it.

It will look something like this https://media.giphy.com/media/chEDvk38forhL3KBpW/giphy.gif

Be sure to test the mouse clicking for yourselves to make sure this issue is still not present for you.

1 Like

This worked for me. Thanks blizz for the fix, and thanks Dalaranxp for the well put together post.

console rawMouseEnable 1 no longer causes camera to pan with mouse motion even though no mouse buttons are pressed while strafing/moving.

My mouse issues are fixed with rawMouseEnable 1 now

Thank you blizz