[Main Thread] Patch 8.3.7 - Known Issue with Mouse and Camera Movement Issues

The recent small patch appears to have fixed both mouse issues for me as well. The camera no longer rotates on it’s own with or without rawMouseEnabled 0/1 and the “sticky” cursor after clicking is gone too, huzzah!

1 Like

still getting the random 5 second freeze bug. ill be mounting up or opening character panel and game will freeze for about 5 seconds, i saw other posts about this as well and i hope you guys can fix asap. thank you

my mouse is no longer sticking thanks blizz

Game freezes and “Not Responding” are still a problem for DirectX 11 after today’s little patch. Please for the love of God fix this. I don’t see it in the “known” issues.

Did the update fix the issue?

updated fixed the issue yes, but another small problem is the game will randomly freeze for about 5 seconds. only started happening after tuesday and ive seen posts about it.

ALSO, these bugs are still present on the Beta for Shadowlands. Hope a Blue sees this at some point so we don’t see this bug return with the new expansion release.

Any update on a hotfix for the mouse issue? Absolutely frustrating.

My camera is working fine now, but my character gets stuck or stutters when I press the left/right mouse clicks. I like to move my character by holding both down. Any word on that issue, or am I the only one? Otherwise, using keyboard to move and right click to turn, same issue I can’t turn my character.

Since the new patch on July 21, I’ve had the same issue where my mouse will either center itself in my screen and spaz out (unresponsive to the motion I’m trying to make), or will focus on a target (character/NPC/loot) and do the same thing. The (/console rawMouseEnable 0) macro has not helped at all. I have never had this issue prior to this past Tuesday and it’s extremely hard to do things as simple as quests let alone raids, where I use my mouse for cameras, movement and for my action bar if I need to.

I’ve also had it where the screen will stick and spin as I move the camera only slightly and will shift it around even though I haven’t selected it to do so.

This, alongside the camera issue many people are dealing with, needs to be a top priority fix from Blizz.

Jesus people. The camera and mouse issues have been fixed in a hotfix today. Anyone still complaining about it isn’t actually playing the game.

I’m playing the game and still having the issue with my mouse sticking once in a while. I’ve used 3 different mice, 2wire, 1 logitech 6button gaming mouse. and all still the same problem. I don’t know what your talking about bro., i’ve been online all day and not a fix. KEEP THOSE CRAP COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.

1 Like

It literally is fixed. Please provide video proof then if you’re still having issues. I am once again on RawMouse set to 1 and have no camera or cursor sticking issues. All gone.

that’s my problem, only when i stop moving and let go of right click to say click on a heal bot bar or npc etc and it acts like there a piece of hair or dirt stuck under my mouse if that makes sense. Had me thinking I needed a new mouse pad or mouse. I’m glad it’s not that. Still rather annoying especially when your a healer, cant afford that little half sec stutter. i use left & right click to move also .

Has a Blue said anything on the matter?

1 Like

Gosh, who do I believe? Rando snarky dude or my lying eyes? /eyeroll

3 Likes

Post a video then showing the issue still happening.

To appease You?? No. You think entering a console command is a hotfix, when it’s a temp fix, and Blizz says they’re still working on a fix. But you, who are so wise to the ways of WoW, are adamant it’s not a problem because if you aren’t having it, certainly no one else could be. Dolt.

1 Like

They put out a hotfix today. You don’t have to fix it with a console command. They addressed it and literally patched the game. They hotfixed the game today. I’ll say it again. They hotfixed the issues out today 7/23/2020.

HOTFIX 7/23/2020 // SCROLL DOWN TO SYSTEM

1 Like

So far it’s fixed for me. I haven’t had any more issues today!

My camera is fine, still stutter and right click keeps being delayed or not work at all. :frowning:

2 Likes