[Main Thread] Patch 8.3.7 - Known Issue with Mouse and Camera Movement Issues

Im having this exact same issue, it started to happen after the patch today, its absolutely driving me insane

Same issue here, usually when trying to interact with something it happens. Also thought it was my mouse so plugged in a brand new one, same problem.

Going to be an issue for raiding and various other activities if this isnā€™t fixed.

after the new patch came in, i started to have the camera spinning when i pressed W / A / S / D, so I used the command ā€œ/console rawMouseEnable 0ā€ and normalized it, but after that another problem started, which is the same as your mouse sticking to us targets. This is horrible, I have no desire to play!

Hrm, seems that that (/console rawMouseEnable 0) worked for me. Weā€™ll see if it keeps workingā€¦

Doesnā€™t matter if my movement keys are bound to WASD or arrow keys. Mouse will ā€œstickā€ and act as if I am holding the left mouse button down so dragging my cursor anywhere moves the camera it is driving me absolutely insane.

2 Likes

Try using this console command from their known bug page.

/console rawMouseEnable 0

Im having the same issue. And the world server is sitting at like 2k ms. Looks like Blizzard messed something up as it was fine yesterday.

1 Like

Can confirm that /console rawMouseEnable 0 trades a new problem for an old issue and I wouldnā€™t necessarily pat yourself on the back and mark this as a solutionā€¦

There is a reason why the WoW community uses and enabled 1.

I might as well just throw away my corsair and switch to a trackball mouse from the 90s because it doesnā€™t matter with /console rawMouseEnable 0.

3 Likes

Same issue here. Turning raw mouse off ā€œhelpsā€ but now I have the old issue of cursor jumping to middle of screen.

Iā€™ve got a mouse issue as well, but itā€™s a bit different. When I rapidly click between two targets, my cursor bugs out. For example, after a click, the mouse cursor will sort of hover around where it was last clicked and tear my screen.

2 Likes

Using /console rawMouseEnable 0 makes it slightly better but the problem still persists.

1 Like

If you click then INSTANTLY move the mouse the cursor will stay in place making the game inconsistent and unplayable.

2 Likes

With raw mouse input disabled, my mouse will elastic band in place randomly (noticeable when Iā€™m trying to select a different target). I notice this happens almost every time I mouse-interact with an NPC. I try to move the mouse but it snaps back to the location where I used mouse-interact.

With raw mouse input enabled, my camera keeps moving even after i let go of mouse click (left, or right click).

The game is currently unplayable with these errors; there is no way I can heal in raid or mythic dungeon with my mouse not accurately responding to my inputs.

Edit: Troubleshooted using the enable/disable raw mouse input commands, all in-game mouse options, changed mouse polling rate, disabled all addons, updated mouse driver, repaired game. Nothing resolved the problem thus far.

This is exactly my same issue. Literally searched the entire internet, disabled all addons, reinstalled WoW, bought a new mouse, realized it didnā€™t fix it, and then came onto the forum to see this stickied. Feelsbadman.

The problem is after right clicks. Doesnā€™t have to be ā€˜onā€™ something. Every 5 or 6 clicks itā€™ll just get stuck for 1 to 10 seconds repeatedly snapping back to the point I clicked. Hopefully a patch fixes this soon. FF14 is looking more and more enticing!

1 Like

Iā€™m actually amazed this wasnā€™t hotfixed yet. This is a massive issue that directly effects end users ability to play the game (spend money, etc).

4 Likes

Even with this, Iā€™m having random issues where the mouse cursor jumps back to the center of my screen. And thereā€™s also some random jittering.

The mouse cursor gets really stuck in the ā€œRunelocked Chestā€ WQs in Nazjatar where you have to destroy certain colored runes.

1 Like

I would like to know where blizz is on a fix to this, i just had to raid mythic with my mouse freezing, on a ret pally on shad where i need to freedom people quite often. its safe so say i may have caused some wipes because the mouse jittered.

Iā€™m also suffering from the cursor ā€œstickingā€ to things and jumping to the middle of the screen randomly.
Doing Nazjatar dailies has been a pain, to put it politely.

It was working fine yesterday. I go to bed and wake up and suddenly everything is going down in flames. How did they ruin my cursor so hard? How on earth were they capable of ruining things to such a massive extent?

I just spent the better part of 2 hours troubleshooting this thinking the issue was on my end. I should have known Blizzard was incompetent. I should have assumed it was their mistake from the get go.

Honestly, Iā€™m grateful I am not alone. This was driving me crazy. LOL

1 Like