[Main thread] Nvidia 460.xx driver flickering

Regardless of driver, mine only maintains it’s flicker free status by staying in DX11. Every time there is an update, I check, and back to DX11 I go. I’m currently at the most recent update 461.92

I don’t believe in paying hundreds (or thousands) over retail, even though I wanted a 2060, I am still playing with a 1060 6gb in my brand new rig (10th gen intel), so I don’t have to worry too much about the ray tracing (disabled).

Pretty sad.

i have a 1060 6gb as well and i cant even get an update to work. Every thing im trying is telling me device not compatible, Its currently just trying to run WoW on my Intel I think. When I do the Win+r its telling me so. No mention of Nividia. Any advice welcome.

I just tried 457.51 and it too is “not compatible with device”

I was noticing I was having the same problem with my 1060 6gig and found out there under system then advance and go to the bottom where it says graphics card and changed it from auto detect to the 1060 and seemed to fix the flickering for me. I don’t know if this will help everybody or just a few due that most pc’s have different parts. But I’ll set it on the table for y’all at least. Hope it helps.

Newest drivers, and the hotfix for those drivers: 462.07

Still doesn’t fix the flickering texture issues. It’s slightly minimized, (maybe) but it’s not gone.

I have an RTX 3090 with a Ryzen 9 5900.

My nephew has a i7 build with an GTX 1080, and my other nephew is running a similar i7 Build with a GTX 1070ti.

Both those machines have the flickering issues too when the graphics are set to near their highest levels.

The arena’s that are the worst offenders is the new Kyrian Arena, and the BFA Forest Map.

I almost always have to lower my graphics down to the lowest to not get flickering!

You uh, got any more of those RTX 3090s and Ryzen 9 5900s around? :rofl:

lol, I wish… took weeks upon weeks of getting up super early and F5’n all day to get them!

Funny though, was easier to get the RTX 3090 than the 5900… lol

1 Like

Huh. This seems too have worked for me too?? Havent seen any flashing (yet) since I switched it on. That is… bizzarre.

This is now a 3 month old graphic glitch that both Blizzard and Nvidia know about but don’t care enough to fix.
It affects every single card from the 9xx series onward at least too.
I’m just glad that Cyberpunk was such a dumpster fire and no other decent game has been released since that I can actually keep using older drivers without this issue.

1 Like

And now as of 9.05 there are even more MAJOR graphical issues. Revendreth is unplayable in all areas of the castle grounds and most parts of the zone, filled with black screens the moment you enter those areas and move the camera.

Here’s the thread for it, and no acknowledgement from Blizzard or fix as of yet. As Venthyr, I haven’t been able to do any of the covenant daily activities thanks to this… Just look at the screenshots posted in that thread, unbelievable…

GTX 1650 here on the 461.92 drivers, windows 10 20H2 build and gpu hardware scheduling enabled. I don’t have any of the flickering in DX12 or 11 with settings on ultra, AA set to CMAA and vsync disabled.

Have people tried doing DDU clean installs and making sure they have the latest win10 20H2 version? Or making sure to NOT install geforce experience since it can mess with config files? Also, make sure to disable every single overlay in programs like discord, steam, etc etc.

No other game that I’ve played has taken issue with any Nvidia driver past the initial CP2077-ready one. Only WoW has misbehaved, and for me it is in more ways than just a few flickerings. The game is unplayable when it closes itself down every 5 minutes, and I’m not even in the Shadowlands zone yet!

That sounds like a completely different u

That sounds like a completely different unrelated problem.

The majority of us having problems are on RTX cards so that would be why you aren’t experiencing the same issue.

I’m on a GTX 1050Ti card, and I get the flickers. It’s not RTX specific.

I thought it was the other way around. Good to hear because I keep looking for a 3070 or 3080 (which obviously are always sold out). I am on a 1080 Ti and having the issue which is why I was looking to upgrade to an RTX 30 series.

Same card…and having same issues

As best I can figure, no other game had their driver profile modified to remove a flag required to disable an NVidia hack such that valid code can work, either. If you removed the same flag from the Shadow of the Tomb Raider profile it would also have issues, just as the drivers missing the CP2077 flags (either because they’re too old or due to manual removal) will have issues in that game.

And that’s barely even “iceberg tip” stuff - there’s hundreds of flags for thousands of profiles, each of which could cause significant issues in the event they are altered or removed. That problems haven’t occurred for programs with profiles that haven’t been inappropriately changed isn’t a simple coincidence.

No, it’s all cards from the 10XX/16XX/20XX/30XX series. It’s not specific to RTX cards. The difference is that most people running RTX cards tend to be tweakers that push for things like 4k+144fps on high settings with tons of AA. They also tend to people the same people that run a bunch of programs to tweak bios/windows/gpu settings, tend to overclock their cpu/gpu/ram, mess with registry settings, mess with nvidia profile editing, tend to run snakeoil game boosters, have 2000 poorly coded apps open for dumb things like LED colors on everything and have 10 different programs with overlay permissions turned on at the same time.

This is why some of us are having zero problems with the drivers or dx12.

My issue with the Flickering got fixed with latest Drivers from Nvidia…I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB card…