[Main Thread] Memory Leak 08/16/24

I sent a complaint on Twitter @BlizzardCS

Please, do the same… ASAP.

1 Like

They just responded that they’ve passed this thread along.

1 Like

BlizzardCS is exactly the same folks who would service tickets: GMs. Who have nothing to do with this bug, or any bug.

If you wanted to contact the developers, @warcraftdevs is the relevant Twitter handle.

2 Likes

Has anyone also been having issues with WA? I am also getting a notification that my addons are having multiple errors. For me it’s def WA as they are not loading. I don’t get that notification when I disable WA

I’m having the same issue and I have all of my Blizzard games on a dedicated SSD drive with plenty of memory. It’s happened 3 or 4 times.

Yesterday I got a message that one of my addons was out of date. It wasn’t. I crashed almost immediately after with a “not enough available memory” error.

1 Like

I think it’s some addons. I’m pretty sure mine is WA as I get the same notification and don’t when I disabled it. But idk why some pols WA is working and not mine

It’s not addons - I have no addons on my machine.

They said they’re looking into it.

3 Likes

So I do not think anyone at Blizzard (including QA) actually plays the game for more than an hour at a time.

I barely get 1 hour of game time before a OOM error.

2 Likes

They should forget about releasing new content or the expansion till these issues are resolved. The game is unplayable or not fun. Either way, fix the issues.

6 Likes

They should just push back the expansion for a few weeks until its somewhat stable with working skills

4 Likes

Well seeing as it was my Weak auras add on that was causing my memory to become unstable. You were not correct in my case. My issue is completely corrected. And it’s very wild that you use zero add ons.

I don’t see what’s so wild about it. I have cutting edge achievements from MoP, I always get AOTC and KSM, all without any addons. If I want to see my damage/healing, someone in raid usually runs logs. Most things like alerts now are built into WoW, no need for DBM. I always felt like addons were sketchy and don’t trust them lol

It seems the issue has been resolved from a quiet fix they pushed out a few hours ago. No mention of it here, but CS over on the EU tech forums has mentioned it. For me at least, I haven’t had a crash since. Fingers crossed that it’s worked.

1 Like

I’m being patched now to 11.0.2.56162. We’ll see.

Edit: Its using an excessive amount of memory.

Longer than normal load times with new characters into new areas / raids (like windows prompts me to end the game client because it’s not responding), memory usage jumps up to 15GB then drops down to ~8gb during this time. Video card has 16GB and system has 64GB, so I don’t know what changed since Tuesday nor why I’m one of the lucky ones. Strange bug; updating the video drivers from AMD didn’t resolve the issue.

def happened to me yesterday i iknow for a fact i didnt run out of memory lol now my games stuck updating some patch that was just pushed through? the heck is going on with this company.

I was monitoring ram consumption yesterday.
I think they put out a stealth patch!

Where standing in Valdrakken previously would start at 4.3gb ram usage, would slowly start to consume up to 5.3gb and more

Now it seems to sit steadily around 4gb usage

1 Like

So they fixed it for now that is good

1 Like

Agreed. Right after the EU got a blue update - I suddenly didn’t have spikes anymore. Would be nice to have some kind of transparency.

I had my ticket answered this morning and they didn’t acknowledge the issue and tried to give me troubleshooting tips :laughing:

Blizzard always blames addons, even when you don’t have any.

2 Likes