[Main Thread] Mac Addons Broken Since 10.2.5 - Jan 16th 2024

Please fix! Trying to tank raid on Tuesday was horrible. I am basically avoiding the game until the Mac/ELVUI issue is resolved.

5 Likes

Eagerly awaiting a fix push for this issue. Currently just opting to not play at all feels like the better option when compared to spending time editing stock and playing without “crucial” addons.

Well I am raiding tonight with the stock UI, and it’s going to be a hot mess. I really wish Blizzard would take a more serious attitude on this and give us more updates. Really ruins the whole game right now, I don’t even want to play. Maybe I’ll just let my annual sub run out if they don’t fix this soon.

3 Likes

I’m also taking a brake until issues will be fixed. Game is unplayable now. If Mac client quality so going to drop then I will probably unsubscribe and stop playing. Good Mac client was one of the reasons I was playing the game in the first place. It seems recently they do not give Mac users as much attention.

3 Likes

Kershew, Can we get an update please? I have raid tonight and right now I don’t have access to the action bars and date texts from ElvUI. Raid is gonna suck tonight.

Any blizz updates on an ETA? @Kershew

Hopefully someone at Blizzard recognizes that with Apple Silicon continuously becoming a more viable option for games that provide Mac Support there could be quite a few subscriptions on the table. I’m only on a Mac temporarily here but my M3 Pro handles the game like a dream, and even M2 Airs are plenty capable. Lots of potential players in the Air market …

If there were ever a time to see a bit more support, this might be the time. Not getting my hopes up though lol.

4 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised to see my new (well, October) M2 MB Air play WoW just fine. Not as fast as my Mini with M2 Pro, and 160fps on 160Hz monitor, but it still runs quite well for a entry level MB Air/

My game is patching!!! Fingers crossed.

1 Like

ElvUI is working now after the patch!

Others in the ElvUi Discord confirm it as well.

1 Like

Awesome, my game is at 41% and is moving at the speed of smell. No idea why it’s being SOOO SLOW.

Working for me after a small patch.

The Battle.net app is just regularly insanely slow at downloading things for no good reason.

It’s random, I did a clean install of Classic a few nights ago and it had no issues saturating my 5Gbps internet, now it’s moving like I have dial-up. It’s not CPU bound, it’s not Disk I/O bound, it’s not network bound, it’s just SLOW.

Yeah, it’s very unpredictable in my experience. Sometimes the speeds are what I’d expect, but all too often it feels like I’m on dial-up (and like you said, it has nothing to do with other factors like my actual network connection performance).

1 Like

And just like that, it went from 43% to done in like 5 seconds. Confirmed it’s working as expected now. That was a long 28 hours.

Patch went and all are up and running again!

3 Likes

This is a Blizzard issue fool.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: get Linux bro. I’ve been up and running just fine.

Thank you for the fix!!