[Main Thread] Mac Addons Broken Since 10.2.5 - Jan 16th 2024

It’s a major bummer not to be able to play properly. I’m on a MacBook Air M2.

Tell us you know absolutely nothing about programming / staging / development without telling us you know absolutely nothing about programming / staging / developing - particularly at this scale.

Sucks that it’s broken, and it sucks that it even made it to Live, when the issue was made known on the PTR too afaik, but this kind of response is just silly.

2 Likes

this make me sad

Very disappointed to see that the fix was not implemented this morning.

3 Likes

I’ve made an addon that temporarily fixes ElvUI (and probably a bunch of other addons) on macOS until Blizzard updates the client, but apparently I cannot post links here so no idea how to share it with you.

3 Likes

Is it on CurseForge? Name?

Any update from blizz on this? Game completely broken for 24 hours now

1 Like

22 but who’s counting?

1 Like

Adding my name to the list of people affected by this, hoping for a resolution soon.

hell yea my only days to play this week were yesterday and today. ggs blizz!

Mac Mini 2 here, 1/2 elv ui works, i havent played today

I’m starting to see updates to AddOns to work around this bug already. Total RP 3 just put out a fix for it for example.

I also saw this on the ElvUI github ticket, not sure what damage it will do, but if you’re desperate, go for it.

Care to share?

Mods already deleted the LUA code change from GitHub it appears.

Yup, how dare people have a work around I guess. I should have taken a screenshot of it. It was literally changing one line in one file. Yes it could have broken something else, but it’s not like it could make things worse lol.

The line in question is still in the github thread somewhere, not going to directly link to it. You just change it to = “true” and then you are good until the mac patch comes out

1 Like

Where is that

does any one else remember the Buff sound bug we had?

anyone have the workaround they can share that was posted prior to mods deleting it?

Can we have an ETA on fix please

Blizz, please fix this. I spent over an hour setting up the stock UI to something that is half way usable. I don’t want to have to repeat that for multiple toons. When is the fix coming?