[Main Thread] Mac Addons Broken Since 10.2.5 - Jan 16th 2024

Seems many addons are no longer working in WoW retail, even after updating addons. Only affecting Mac users. Addon developers are reporting it’s a Blizzard problem. ElvUI is an example of an add-on that is working on Windows with the latest update from the add-on dev, but not on Mac.

12 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing. Looks like lots of different function calls in the Mac client are returning nil values, breaking multiple addons.

same here, definitely tired of Mac client always being broken. Had to downgrade computer from Sonoma to even play at all because Blizzard doesn’t care to fix it

This is a known Sonoma issue ever since patch 10.2 and Blizzard has done nothing to fix it. You either have to downgrade from Sonoma to Ventura or accept that you’ll crash continuously at random intervals.

1 Like

Running Sonoma 14.3 on M3 Max with no issues so far other than addons not working with new patch.

2 Likes

Game runs, and they seem to have fixed the severe macOS regressions from the PTR, but now addons like ElvUI are quite broken, which is a new macOS issue that isn’t OS version dependent.

1 Like

Any recognition from Blizzard on this yet?

I’m getting parts of ElvUI broken. Unitframes seem to be fine. Something in client broke with this update.

Nope, still broken on my end. Elvui has a new update and fixed their portion, but its all Blizzard from here on. So I’d be shocked if anyone mac is playing tonight.

1 Like

Replying solely to get more comments in hope of perhaps Community attention :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m hoping their california location puts some pressure on them, since MBPs are everywhere in SoCo

1 Like

Other addons are also affected. Notably, anything that modifies action bars (e.g., Bartender) or bag items (e.g., TSM).

M3 Pro Max. ElvUi, OmniCD and others are broken.

So enough “necessary” add-ons that this SHOULD require attention to be fixed. hopefully

Oddly, I am having no addon issues. Intel Mac Mini, eGPU, Sonoma 14.2.1. Just completed the Retaking of Gilneas chain with no add-on complaints. I run a crap-ton of UI modifications and helper stuff.

I do get the random lockups/reboots, usually while Dragonriding (YAY for making that default all across Azeroth now :confused: ), and I have to play windowed instead of fullscreen-windowed when I mistakenly upgraded to Sonoma. But knock on wood, no addon problems yet.

Same here, Macbook M1, action bars and other features are broken

2 Likes

The key point here is that you’re on an Intel Mac rather than the silicon ones. The problem seems to lie with the ARM Mac client.

For what it’s worth, I’m also experiencing problems on my M3 Max MacBook with ElvUI even post-update. My unit frame works but my actions bars, bag, character UI, and who knows what else does not work still.

Huh, wonder if it’s an ARM issue rather than a macOS issue. Is there a native ARM Windows version of WoW we could get the one person who owns such a machine to test?

Also on macOS. Addons don’t seem to be working (ElvUI, for example)…

:frowning:

Don’t. think so. I have both a brand new M3Pro Macbook Pro and an older iMac Pro and I’m having the same UI issues on both of them.

1 Like