[Main Thread] Mac Addons Broken Since 10.2.5 - Jan 16th 2024

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to come in and let you know that we are aware of the issue and are currently working on a solution, we do hope to have this resolved very soon though I do not have an ETA. If we get any additional information we will share it here. The solution will likely be implemented as a hotfix.

13 Likes

chiming in and adding my 2cents, that this is the pits. I’m not feeling much like ripping apart all my characters bars and bindings. It’s so much work to redo them at this point. Really crossing my fingers this gets hotfixed sooner than later! Thanks for the update @Kershew!

Is it fixed yet?

1 Like

My ElvUI is bricked and I’m on Windows. :frowning:

Looks like we had a blue post acknowledging it though, so that’s cool. Patience!

To be honest, this has been something WoW players have had to contend with since day one. Every major patch release introduces the possibility for things to break. We just need to be patient and let the Blizzard engineers find the solution and issue the hotfix. Nothing new here. Thanks for updating us on this @Kershew!

3 Likes

It requires a patch to fix. I first noticed bug second realms went up and it was breaking an addon I make for mac users only. I contacted the two people who have a roll in fixing it and it was in fact fixed near instantly, but the fix is staged with many other fixes that need testing and will go out at same time whenever they push a client patch to fix all the bugs in 10.2.5. they rarely issue a new binary for a single issue unless it’s a severe windows issue.

So long short of it. It is fixed already and in queue to go out with other fixes whenever they do next update.

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, what addon?

1 Like

Pretty much all of them

No, I was referring specifically to Omegal. What addon do they author?

1 Like

Ugh. Am I the only one who is having the initializing issue after today? I can’t even update now…

Hoping for a quick patch tomorrow.

1 Like

Was hoping for a patch tonight… less fun doing M+ without my addons.

1 Like

Blizz just pushed another update, but I do not have a working ELVUI yet. Anyone have success?

Still not working for me

ElvUI still broken for me as well. M3 Macbook Pro

1 Like

Mine is also still not working. Tried deleting and re-downloading the newest elvui patch, reinstalling the game, etc. Nothing has worked. Currently on an M3 Mac Pro Sonoma.

1 Like

So many of my addons are not working. Biggest complaint is my plate add-on KuiNameplates does not show class colors and character names seem the same for every player.

My raid frames no longer show class colors , chat does not show class colors, every one of my teammates displays a white dot on the map. None of my settings had changed since Shadowlands for any of this and this “minor” 10.2.5 made PvPing almost impossible.

Also happening on Windows not just MAC Elvui is busted for me but everything else is working fine all updated!

Deadly Boss Mods (maintained since Wrath)
WoW Instant Messenger (took over maintaining this years ago)
Ara Broker Guild and Friends (took this over years ago)

Btw, not all addons were broken. In fact WIM and DBM weren’t broken on macs, just Ara from my list. it’s a single lua function that broke related to localization of classes, so most addons are NOT broken on mac just ones that rely on localizing class names.

Disappointed that this still isn’t fixed. I totally expected to wake up to it being hotfixed. ::cry:

3 Likes