Mailbox bug blocked my transfer, now im locked out

I’ve seen dozens of posts like this over the same Scourge event mail issue. Why would Blizzard shut down transfers with no warning to a server that’s only existed for a little over a week? With this ongoing issue? Pure incompetence involving lack of communication, which isn’t a surprise at this point. When teams within a company don’t actively communicate with each other, situations like this happen where your customers end up facing the consequences.

Really hope they re-open free transfers to Eranikus before launch even if it means a queue. Imagine how many people can no longer play WotLK with their friends as a result of this.

1 Like

Because in the Dev announcement post it clearly states that they can close without warning. That is the hard and the fast of it. It’s not a great answer but the server seemed to lock down late yesterday evening when it may have been that there wasn’t anyone around to give a warning. Work days end. If there was enough traffic flooding in, they may have created a threshold to lock it down to prevent another massive wave of people, thus shoving people into queues that would have made the move moot. ** Please note the “may” and other hypothetical terms, since they have not expressly said what’s what. I’m leaning on pure conjecture over here for a portion of my post.

3 Likes

Yea, but that’s the thing. They are prioritizing balancing over the negative it creates for players and their own staff. IF its 65% horde 35% alliance and they worried about it becoming even more unbalanced then leave horde transfer open for 3 days and alliance transfers indefinitely until its closer to 50 50 then give a 3 days notice for Alliance then close it off. Instead they did a snap decision screwing over players and giving their CS thousands more tickets to deal with in an already busy timeframe.

I just want to iterate how whomever made the call about this didn’t think about the after.

2 Likes

The problem arises when people have to work and then sit on a 3 to 4 hour queue just to clear their mail to transfer. It’s a flawed system, damned if you do damned if you don’t. I don’t think people should be penalized because they don’t have 6 hours a day to devote to sitting in a queue just so they can clear mail, which may or may not be there because of quest mail time, just to transfer to help fix the megaserver issue.

2 Likes

Perfectly Said Good Sir

1 Like

Bumping this because there’s not been any sort of resolution yet

Uh…

Unless you’re referring to impending mail being the issue, then I see Vrak typing now.

Also, may want to self-report the name before other peoples’ reports catch up to you. Always looks better when you take a step in the right direction.

4 Likes

No resolution on this post in general is what I meant.

Self report what name? Mine?

Yes, your name.

If you have pending mail that is holding up a transfer, there is another thread that was being regularly monitored that our SFAs were helping with, as I had mentioned earlier in this post. This was just one of many smaller threads where we were trying to nudge people to the larger one. I had seen Vrak typing when I was editing my post before this, so I don’t know if he was looking into something.

The thread I know he and Orlyia were both working on requests for mail being cleared is here:

4 Likes

I fail to see how my name holds any relevance or bearing on a forum thread about a completely unrelated issue. Feels a bit condescending of you to point something like that out. Not cool.

It wasn’t condescending. It was sincerely trying to help you, because if you self-report, that is in your favor to get it rectified. If you get dinged on by other players’ reports, it will leave a mark on your account and if it’s been an issue before? Then you’ll be facing sanctions rather than just a forced rename. You posting here under that character brought it to the attention of anyone who visits this thread. There is an option right here on the forums for people to report your name from your post. It was only to try and help, I promise.

9 Likes

I still fail to see any relevant reasoning it was brought up in the first place. This is a forum thread about a specific issue and my name doesn’t pertain to me wanting to get this person helped. Felt like it was brought up as a moral high horse type deal and did not feel good, felt a bit like harassment

More like, she noticed that your name may be problematic and wanted to recommend a means for you to avoid getting in trouble if it were to be reported. You can take the advice or not, but that is all it is, advice.

I’m not certain what resolution you are looking for, Tug. The issue with the Free Character Moves for Eranikus seems to be resolved.

The mail “issue” isn’t considered a bug. If you complete a quest the sends mail, that may delay any character services until that mail is removed.

7 Likes

It doesn’t matter, the name can be seen as inappropriate. And people have earn suspensions for bad name. Take it as you will…

The issue with the servers being resolved was shown by them in a post after I asked my question. I got a valid answer to what I was searching for and I am grateful for the help. And yes I’m aware my name is immature but there was literally no reason to bring it up other than to stand on a moral high horse about it. Thank you for answering my question and giving me resolution about the server transfers being fixed, that’s all I was posting for

Trolling here will not go well for you… you have been warned…

3 Likes

I can’t speak for others, but I’m not trolling, only trying to get answers for a friend with an issue, which have been given to me now and the resolution has been reached

I was talking to the poster above my post.

edit: now it’s gone.

3 Likes

To be clear, Tug, the folks around here like to help and try to help others avoid trouble. Mentioning the name wasn’t an act of superiority, but of compassion. I’m sorry if you saw it any other way. Leilleath has been around here for a long time now and she’s only ever exhibited a desire to help others.

In either case, I think it’s time to lock this one up. Thanks, all!

17 Likes