Mailbox bug blocked my transfer, now im locked out

My guild and close friend group moved from Benediction to Eranikus yesterday. I got home last night and entered the queue for benediction, I clicked the free transfer button, attempted to transfer but was blocked because of my mailbox.

I waited in queue, logged into Benediction to clear my mail for the transfer, but there was no mail. After waiting 3 hours, I got a letter from the Argent Dawn about the scourge invasion. I deleted the letter and went to transfer, and now its telling me Eranikus is closed to transfers.

Is there anything I can do now? If any blizzard employee can do anything now, please send my character “Haunzo” from the realm Benediction to the realm Eranikus

3 Likes

They are looking into whether the transfers shut down too early, or if something went wrong. If so, they might. If not, no there’s nothing you can do. Just need to wait to see what they find out.

2 Likes

The mail box issue is not a bug. There are certain quests that, when done, will generate mail that comes anywhere from 24 to 72 hours after the quest is complete. Those are intended and not a bug. Once you do the quests that generate mail, it flags the character as having mail and is intended.

4 Likes

And just to add, this is exactly the reason why the character is “flagged” in this way. If someone transferred to another realm before the mail came, it could lead to severe problems when the mail was to be delivered.

3 Likes

So it takes up to 3 days for invisible mail to be recieved. Did bLizzard give 3 days of notice they are locking the server?

2 Likes

May be working as intended but when there are time sensitive transfers like this, they unintentionally screw over a large portion of their player base. Their solution to the mega Servers is to transfer off and then when we use said solution, an archaic game design throws a spanner on the whole plan. Help us out Blizz, we transfered to help relieve your megaserver problem, least you can do is help those trying to relieve an issue created due to a lack of supervision

2 Likes

Ok so when I go to transfer, instead of just blocking me, why not give me a warning/option to delete all mail in the transfer screen. What if I couldn’t empty my mailbox because the Que time took to long to get into the server, what IRONY.

It might not be a bug, but it is a huge problem for HUNDREDS of people (check customer support forums) that they should be well aware of.

2 Likes

Why not give players notice and just say “Hey, we are closing Eranikus on X.X.X.” and give more than a 3 hour notice lul

Its not that solution on a macro scale isn’t possible. It is that they created the problem on a macro level and are just resolved to having it dealt with on a micro level. (CS/tickets)

1 Like

Because these things are usually not tied to a specific timeframe. It has to do with balancing the realms, so once they hit a threshold, it’s over.

That’s why they always tell players to not wait. It can close at any time, without notice.

2 Likes

To note, there are a couple of very active threads where people came here with pending mail and our SFAs have been assisting with clearing it out very, very quickly so that people could get their transfers in. Heck, people were even giving multiple characters of friends/relatives and they were doing the best they could so people could take advantage of the free transfers. None of this is perfect, but the staff are rallying to do the best they can possibly do to help facilitate things.

2 Likes

YES, imagine if instead of just deleting mail, they shot an email to the server team saying “Do not close the server, we are fixing hundreds of accounts a night”

1 Like

THIS IS GOLD, perfectly said.

1 Like

I’ve seen dozens of posts like this over the same Scourge event mail issue. Why would Blizzard shut down transfers with no warning to a server that’s only existed for a little over a week? With this ongoing issue? Pure incompetence involving lack of communication, which isn’t a surprise at this point. When teams within a company don’t actively communicate with each other, situations like this happen where your customers end up facing the consequences.

Really hope they re-open free transfers to Eranikus before launch even if it means a queue. Imagine how many people can no longer play WotLK with their friends as a result of this.

1 Like

Because in the Dev announcement post it clearly states that they can close without warning. That is the hard and the fast of it. It’s not a great answer but the server seemed to lock down late yesterday evening when it may have been that there wasn’t anyone around to give a warning. Work days end. If there was enough traffic flooding in, they may have created a threshold to lock it down to prevent another massive wave of people, thus shoving people into queues that would have made the move moot. ** Please note the “may” and other hypothetical terms, since they have not expressly said what’s what. I’m leaning on pure conjecture over here for a portion of my post.

3 Likes

Yea, but that’s the thing. They are prioritizing balancing over the negative it creates for players and their own staff. IF its 65% horde 35% alliance and they worried about it becoming even more unbalanced then leave horde transfer open for 3 days and alliance transfers indefinitely until its closer to 50 50 then give a 3 days notice for Alliance then close it off. Instead they did a snap decision screwing over players and giving their CS thousands more tickets to deal with in an already busy timeframe.

I just want to iterate how whomever made the call about this didn’t think about the after.

2 Likes

The problem arises when people have to work and then sit on a 3 to 4 hour queue just to clear their mail to transfer. It’s a flawed system, damned if you do damned if you don’t. I don’t think people should be penalized because they don’t have 6 hours a day to devote to sitting in a queue just so they can clear mail, which may or may not be there because of quest mail time, just to transfer to help fix the megaserver issue.

2 Likes

Perfectly Said Good Sir

1 Like

Bumping this because there’s not been any sort of resolution yet

Uh…

Unless you’re referring to impending mail being the issue, then I see Vrak typing now.

Also, may want to self-report the name before other peoples’ reports catch up to you. Always looks better when you take a step in the right direction.

4 Likes

No resolution on this post in general is what I meant.

Self report what name? Mine?