Magetowers extremely over tuned

overtuned? the first one you had to flask, use drums, pot, kite, etc. i also did it on release. absolute sweatfest.

2 Likes

I think it is actually pretty close to its initial tuning in Legion, but in Legion you could eventually stampede through it with 970 heroic raid gear (yes, ilvls actually got that high), but when it came out, you could only get 910 gear.

Now, it scales, so you just straight up can’t overgear it. That being said, it has glaring issues (like it did in legion), such as some challenges being much easier than others, or even some challenges being really hard for one class, but easy for another (for example, I slept through the fire mage one, but the tanking one was a nightmare). And generally all of the same issues it had in Legion, plus some more with certain weapons and items being overpowered in it because they don’t scale properly.

Overall, I think all challenges should be in a middle ground between, say, the fire mage and ww monk one, and the tank/healer ones.

Did MT on my hpal back in the day. Now i play rogue because i have less free time. Hows the rogue MT?

1 Like

People said that when they returned in SL too
 did you do any in SL to compare that to now?

Idk. I remember them being very hard in legion. Found them very hard in Shadowlands. I’ve completed 4. Some significantly harder than others.

Anyway, if it’s still comparable to Shadowlands-level hard, I’m all for it. The Mage Tower was conceptualized as a way to do very difficult content, on par with a Mythic Raid experience, but solo.

I would be bummed if they nerfed it and made it essentially a free mog. It’s a fun way to kill time, get really good at the fight to the point you have the sequences of mechanics memorized. Got three more to go. It’s a good time killer and so satisfying to dowwn one of these bad boys

2 Likes

If you did them all, I’m gonna assume you did them at the end of the xpac when they were easily outgeared. The original state took dozens or hundreds of attempts. You did not do them in the original state.

1 Like

the amount of elitist cope is poisoning in this thread

12 Likes

I found the opposite. I thought the Mage Tower challenges were undertuned. Completed both the shadow priest and unholy dk in one try. I did do the mage tower challenges a lot in Legion. I have yet to attempt the other challenges for my alts, but it being undertuned was my first reaction.

The irony here is that this was exactly the case during the original legion mage tower but is actually no longer the case in the revamped challenges.

I had to creep on your legacy achieves, your first clear on this toon was months into 7.3. with argus gear and Netherlight crucible available. Which I would like the version that is meant to recreate 7.2 mage tower, so that it can be something I could aspire to get good enough beat eventually and use it as a good gauge of my skill.

Rather than the 7.3 version, where I remember it’s difficulty by the fact I got to last phase on Holy priest before figuring out main mechanic behind Holy Word’s CDs*, and where I considered 3 of the dps fights to basically be free transmog with weak auras since getting enough damage out was basically just handled by a few rounds of dailies in Argus.

*Turns out it gets much easier if you know your class’s main mechanic and you’re not holding trivial CDs.

3 Likes

I’m having trouble with outlaw. The boss has 473k hp.

2 Likes
  • If I can do it = lol it’s faceroll easy.
  • If I cannot do it = It’s over tuned
6 Likes

So hypothetically, our mop sets, wod trinks and cata mainstat gems are gonna be good for attempts?

I was working on affloc and havoc by the time shadowlands ended, dont really want to do more work than capping those characters. How do talents get accounted for in the challenges, do we get all galent points?

The whole thing is a farce anyway.

BiS list is old legacy gear across five different expansions.

lmao.

1 Like

I tried Guardian Druid and had difficulties, gonna try again soon.

That was the info i was looking for, tyty

And for what? Rejected Legion transmog passed off as “new”.

I had the same issue on feral and when i tried my rogue. I had probably 90-95% up time on dots on her after a 7 min fight i dont think she was below 70% defiantly has a horrible scaling issue. Guardian the Annihilate cast is able to kill you at 2 stacks even through defensives sometimes. Yet people think its a skill issue like nah

1 Like

If you’re pulling your hair out already.

I can assure you, it’s not the content.

Look inward, king.

Were you kicking and killing the adds that heal the boss?

IF you have done it on every class and spec why are you in there?