Mages need serious love

I think that’s fair. Personally my stance is that I’d like to see representation of underperforming specs that have gone on for multiple tiers/expansions. Of course it’s not going to be an even split but like I said seeing Feral at the top is refreshing. I’d love to also see Demo Lock at the top for once too.

1 Like

As much as i love Frost mage and my BM hunter i think Furys needs a lot of love too. I’m in favor of balance not the FOTM crap.

havoc got buffed, arms got buffed, fury got buffed, assassination got buffed, demo got buffed,
thats 5 out of the 7 outliers for underperforming specs, the only 2 that didn’t get touched are arcane and frost, literally all we are asking for is the same attention those other 5 specs got, why is that such a bad thing?

(and of those 5 that got buffed, rogue and warlock already had dps specs that where performing very well)

agreed, i’m really happy to see feral finally getting their time to shine, wouldn’t mind demo being top dps for a while either. i’m even okay with unholy staying as top tier dps (although they do need to be tuned down a bit cuz they are still an outlier in the other direction even after the nerfs)

I don’t care about being top of the pack fotm, in fact I think thats actually a bad thing (yes i played fire in 8.3, yes it was broken, yes it REALLY should have been nerfed the fact that it wasn’t is a pretty big failure balance wise)
just want the under performers of ALL classes and specs to be brought up closer to parity. and right now, the only 2 left just happen to be the 2 mage specs.

if it was any other class or spec left behind i’d be saying the exact same thing in their favor. (i’ve been a long time proponent of shaman buffs, cuz they got done seriously dirty for a LOOOOONG time)

4 Likes

I’m no god dont get me wrong but I watch and talk generally to people who are good and they know mage isn’t in a horrible spot in the slightest. if you are talking raiding or something well welcome to ranged dps a lot have limited heals and things of the sort. In pvp mages are not bad at all and if you are referring tourghast then I don’t care thing has had poor dps tuning in general in my opinion. Play a good mage in pvp and you quickly realize they are slippery and have good survivability but sure i mean questing

Why are hybrid specs doing significantly more damage than all 3 mage specs?

Do you just not know how to play? Fire is #1 in M+ right now.

Furys last buff was the 11th from what i’ve seen. 5% buff to a class 30% below is… outright funny

you want pity buffs the way demo always gets? more power to you. it won’t change what’s best for your class. just like me you’re choosing to be weaker to have fun. that’s a choice you’re making. the same as i do world content as demo even though aff is better. but once i step foot into a raid i’ll be aff like i’m supposed to be.

you’re going to trigger all the arcane and frost mages who don’t understand that their BiS spec will always be fire.

1 Like

You guys should be casual like me, that way you can always be arcane and never have to switch up :smiley:

(or join a guild that doesn’t mind carrying you, thankfully my guildies don’t mind that I forget that time warp exists half the time)

I dont care if fire is top. I would just like to not be 25-30% behind. That’s Blizz’s inability to balance classes properly. 5%+/- should be max range allowable/

3 Likes

imo arcane is the fun mage spec. i always like the spec that is literally trash. :rofl:

I haven’t seen any new stats from this week (which is when that buff came into effect since it was a regional restart thing), but if they are still underperforming, then they should be buffed more.

they could do that with aura buffs if they wanted. they choose not to. and the same specs are the best all the time.

I love my Arcane mage, and if she only got a buff or two, I’d be playing her more. Arcane for sure could use some more love.

You think thats bad? Try some classes covanents being 30-40% behind. Either go Meta or don’t complain. I mean I agree with you, its just this is blizzard. They will ignore anything logical. You have a choice, its easier for you to go meta than to complain for months. Nothing will be fixed till 3 months after Mythic raids. This isn’t the first expansion, and it will always be this way.

1 Like

i’ve been trying to explain this to them for hours and they refuse to listen. apparently being a frost mage is the most important thing in the entire world. lol

It’s exactly like Draven from League of Legends, and I love it. Funny thing about that too, Tyler1, the famous “extremely toxic” Draven player probably hasn’t played him in like the past two years or so, in fact, he hasn’t even played ADC in the longest time because jungle is the highest impact role and that’s what he needs to play to be challenger tier.

It’s because they keep trying to force this borrowed power mechanics on us and they have 0 ability to balance so many variables and procs. Until they learn this simple lesson they are going to fail balancing every… single… time…

Hybrid specs are irrelevant to damage.

they give certain specs better borrowed power for a reason. have you looked at what each spec has access to? certain specs are given ridiculous things. even with azerite. blood dk if it didn’t have mostly trash ones wouldve been far and away the only good tank for most of the expansion. but their specific ones were trash. for a reason.