Mageblade for mages?

The theory is sound, but when humans are involved, it never works out like it should. Too many people in charge with “friends” and weather you admit it or not, it does and will influence people’s decisions. I’m not some orphen asking if I can have some more of what I earned!

5 Likes

It should be handed out on a rotation, because both mages and holy paladins don’t have a ton of upgrade opportunities for weapons in the early phases. Paladins have one blue in BRD, two epics in MC, and I think one epic in BWL.

1 Like

I am with you on everything but

Not.Even.Close.

Staff of Dom = 1% crit, 40sp. Its a 2h so no OH options
AMB = 1% Crit, 40sp and is a 1h so you can use the AV OH to get to 75sp (not chanted)

1 Like

The vast majority of people are not in top guilds.

5 Likes

I think it is way more important to boost your dps first than a healer in this particular case when both can have loot.
It should help to clean raid faster as more dps should be incoming.
I never seen MC or Ony raids have problems with heal (longevity or amount of it), especially due to paladins are not the only heal.
However, if loot council see that the particular paladin will use it more effectively (regular raid attendance + skilled healer) vs the particular mage (who is not effective as they want- decurses, re-sheeps, dps and don’t raid that often).
If it is the case… then it should go for any other mage than pally still.
Moreover, as I understand it is only for Holy pala, so if he pvps or farms with ret, then he will use it just to raid.

Yesterday, we got this drop too and mages only were considered.

You can be upset at whatever you want. It’s the American way.

3 Likes

It’s BiS for a mage too… obviously. OP said they were ‘passed’ for a Pally. Not sure what they meant by that though. Freaking Paladins… yes - thank you for Shamans.

the next ugrade is Lok’amir il Romathis for pallies.

I might actually prefer a mageblade depending on the circumstances.

There’s other safeguards people can take. For example, in my guild, the class leads talk to all their fellow members and make a prio sheet.

What I’m personally going for, may not be what my fellow shammy or healer is going for. Then, once those prio lists are made, the officers work with class leads to make a prio list based on the order of wants/needs.

There’s very few surprises with loot council in our guild. The only thing that surprises us is that we haven’t gotten an eye of divinity from the chest. Literally always the petrified leaf. ALWAYS.

We’ve been clearing MC weekly for months.

our raids have been stupid lucky with mageblades, literally every single core caster has one. and a holy pally.

1 Like

Except when DPS dies, no one cares, and there’s at least 20 more of you, when a healer dies, more people die.
So no, you gear your tanks and healers first, because without them, you don’t have a raid.

4 Likes

I meant for that particular case when the loot is for heal vs dps.
There are plenty of loot specifically designed for raid healer: druids, priests…

Even pala’s tier gear too…
all of the tier sets is enough to get sustained heal.
we are at MC not at Naxx dude.

if it is a weapon that mage can use with any spec, should be more prioritized to them

I actually feel bad for the guy. that pala prolly now in AV farms horde with Ret

no, it’s mostly because high DPS matter more than healing, especially in the upcoming BWL with razorgore being trivial if you can DPS the add fast enough (instead of kiting them), Vael being exponentially easier the faster you kill him (less bomb) and… well, everything is easier with bigger dmg.

on the other hand your healer are likely averaging >30% overhealing even if you’re down to 8 in MC… more healing at that point won’t be nearly as beneficial.

I would only eat it if that pala is premade healer for WSG.
then, god bless.

I highly doubt it though

… 2004 called and want their meme back.

MT > DPS >>>> healers. skipping phases (like rag submerge) or laughing at mecanics ( killing razorgore adds in P1 instead of kiting) is way more important than padding your overhealing meters.

this is coming from a holy priest.

10 Likes

No It’s BiS for pallies and pretty much the same priority. Non priest healers don’t have the luxury of Benediction. Spell crit is insanely good for pallies and the core of their mana regeneration comes from spell crits which cause them to refund a spells cost.

1 Like

Lol, doesnt matter what your dps is, or how well geared you are if your’e face down on the ground.

1 Like

You just left off the massive amount of +intellect that Staff of Dominance affords…as well as the little bit of +stam and +spirit?

3 Likes