Mageblade for mages?

Do I have a right to be upset as a mage if I am passed over for a mageblade and instead it goes to a pally? Loot council.

3 Likes

Yeah you should be, it’s obviously only for mages. It says mage in the name after all.

31 Likes

I am so glad I dont have to worry about pallys

26 Likes

ehhhhh, you could get the 2h staff off of the same boss instead if your guild is passing mageblades to pallies

2 Likes

pretty sure it’s bis for holy paladin, so I see no reason for you to get upset since the paladin gets a ton of use out of it.

it’s not like a rogue decided they wanted mageblade because they’re sword spec.

20 Likes

But with bwl coming out and us having 9 healers and most of the casters don’t have it should it go to them, would you give it to the pally?

A pally? Yes…

There are much better healing weapons.

2 Likes

Name one please.

14 Likes

You have no right to be upset.

6 Likes

at this phase?

don’t think there’s any better healing weapons paladins can use.

remember, paladins can’t use staves

12 Likes

Ahhh. my bad not in this phase.

That said there is a lot of +healing on other pieces that makes that little bit of +spellpower better for a dps.

1 Like

So, it’s bis for both classes, but because +healing has a different coefficient on armor, it should go to mage? Seems like a bad comparison.

4 Likes

The fact is that is a perfectly reasonable option for a Paladin given what is currently in the game.

Now when BWL comes out and - more importantly - ZG - that is going to change greatly as ZG has some of the best + healing weapons in the damn game. For as paladin that would be Jindo’s Hexxar for example.

So - frustrated I understand, but its fair.

1 Like

its the 2% crit that makes it a must have for Hpally
crit=mana return

9 Likes

Yes it’s one of the weird issues with gearing in classic.

A pally in particular as they can use leather and cloth has lot of options to make up that +healing a clothie dps does not.

2 Likes

idk what ur complainin about its warlock prio duh

10 Likes

its 1% crit

yes it is
thnx

It’d be reasonable if your loot council didn’t know what was coming. But presumably they do, so it’s a short-sighted decision at best.

Anyway, I got mine and only have to worry about paladins in PvP, so…other people’s problems.

It should go to casters over pallys first.

11 Likes