Mage Tower too difficult? Boycott it

Since Mists of Pandaria. You got a free level boost for pre-ordering the Warlords of Draenor expansion, that also came with a free mount. This tradition has carried into the current game, and even expanded with offers of 6-month subs getting free mounts and cosmetics. My priest has a murloc on his back from paying a subscription fee. The fact I got a unique appearance just by paying for it, effectively makes it a win.

You can also swipe a credit card, get a bunch of WoW gold, then pay for carries in the game, but that also diminishes effort across every aspect of the game. Who is really a mythic raider and how would I know that you didn’t just buy it with gold? Another problem Blizzard needs to address.

But it’s significantly harder now than it was back in end of legion. In some cases bosses have double or more of HP relative to scaled player power, encounters take twice or more longer to complete. This is not acceptable.

There’s nothing that Blizzard can do to get players who refuse to attempt something to attempt something.

The top end is inherently not casual content.

It’s extremely easy to identify boosted players. Like braindead easy. Like in 20 seconds easy.

2 Likes

Exactly. You already get plenty of cosmetics and items just for being subbed which makes it fine to assign some cosmetics to challenges like the MT. Thanks for making that point

Significantly harder than when it first dropped? No shot lol. It took me nearly 40 attempts back in Legion to beat it. I did it in a little over 10 on this one.

If it was really that difficult then no one would be completing it.

Okay, but where is the part where the $15 subscription gives you that, as you mentioned?

No one cares how it was when it first released, it was overtuned back then as well (but at least you were able to overgear it unlike now). I’m comparing end of legion difficulty with current. This is what matters.

1 Like

And challenging means challenging difficulty…

1 Like

Timewalking is not challenging difficulty. Those are not same things.

They promised timewalking difficulty, but released mythic instead… Liars.

2 Likes

Is stupid.

I pity people who look for challenges in video games. They’re supposed to be fun. If you want a challenge, become an international mercenary.

4 Likes

you can play your class without having to min-max and worry about being absolutely perfect just to complete a run.

It’s cosmetics, it doesn’t need to be something that only a select few can accomplish.

2 Likes

But they advertised it as challenge mode content. Why do people be like “it’s supposed to be easy”? Is that delusion?

Does not matter if it’s overtuned right now. It won’t be much easier with nerfs from now on. They did not say to provide a cakewalk mode to acquire some transmogs…

They advertised timewalking event, not challenge mode.

2 Likes

I don’t understand your question.

Nah it will be, they’re definitely gonna cave and make it a cakewalk

Probably an age thing. I smashed a few Xbox controllers over Halo 2 multi-player in my day. Doubt he’s supporting from a psychological disorder. Lol

They did it with Classic. They do it with every expansion. They release new, easily accessible content, that is inherently fun to play. That’s what Blizzard can do to bring subs back.

Exactly. I think it should be.

Not for me it is.

1 Like

How does Boycotting MT work in this situation ? :crazy_face:
That’s like majority of the players not doing Mythic raids by boycotting it :rofl:
They expect not many ppl to complete it by just giving up, you are clearly one of them.

1 Like

I’m boycotting it because I been there, done that. I have no desire to repeat history.

What is not to understand? You claimed the $15 subscription gets you access to a level boost, free mounts, and cosmetics. Since when?

…Since Mists of Pandaria. Did you not read my last post about this?