Mage tower overtuned

Tbh I don’t think they had a point to be made, other than to read peoples profiles and attack them personally. If there was a point, it was lost in all that word salad.

I’m curious as to why people are even permitted to do this.

Nah I posted the answer in it’s entirety.

I do have it, got it in the month it released in Legion on my ‘main chars’ without raid gear, and of course this run around I got it just fine too; but it’s besides the point. Not ‘everyone’ got it in 7.3, because they failed mechanics or, still didn’t have ‘enough’ gear. It’s like the difference of a fight being in full mythic raid BiS going into a previous raids 10 man normal, you can essentially ignore plenty of mechanics and just push through with high DPS, survivability, etc with few mechanics you still have to ‘abide’ by. But you’re not having to both focus heavily on doing the ‘most dmg’ and ‘surviving everything’ constantly.

Goalposts never moved for me, maybe try not to move your own and claim they never did? It’s called gaslighting.

Ah, more personal attacks. Keep going, it’s never good for yourself.

I do find it’s hilarious that people like you can’t differentiate between a ‘hidden profile’ or figure anything else out on your own but you try to tell other people to ‘do better’. Someone doesn’t know what a hidden forum profile does, let alone a ‘display only character achievements’ does either.

I guess you just need to git gud because you don’t have nor the Legion or SL’s mage tower completed.

What? You didn’t have the “best” gear back then either?

For all i care, you can stay bad and never get it, us with the skill got it already. Carry on with the cries!

4 Likes

Really? That’s tragic. You’d think somebody would have an idea of how to play their class after half a decade.

In Legion, you did it 4 months into Antorus, when gear made it much easier. The timewalking version is tuned more like the 7.2 release in April 2017, almost a year before you completed it. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

See it for yourself.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moon-guard/pawzer/achievements

Cite them. All the ones I’ve seen have been false comparisons using 7.3 videos, or slightly better but still not accurate, 7.25, which have nothing to do with the release tuning of the timewalking version.

The video you posted wasn’t “from when the Mage Tower first went up”, it was during Tomb of Sargeras, and the ilvl was 918, which is about 40 ilvls higher than the Nighthold gear available from when it actually first went up.

Did they ever hotfix or tune the original Mage Tower, at any point in time, in Legion?

When it first came out they did some broad nerfs on Kruul and some specific paladin nerfs if I remember right.

uh huh? prove it lol post a video of your kills like you’ve been demanding everyone else did or I call bulls^%$, can’t do that? pilot or cheesed

again with the face first into the right answer lol if only you learned

so the people that beat 7.3 cheesed the fights. Good to know they fixed that with SL! now only the skilled players get it, and if you’re still death gripping that no enchants/gear or consumes nonsense just reread what you just posted hahaha

gosh, if only there was a word to describe the ability to do that. A word used by myself and others on this forum. Skill perhaps?

personal attacks are only fun when you’re the one making them aren’t they bud?

all this talk. Un hide your profile and prove you beat them. Or are you not proud of your post history?

3 Likes

Not that I know of, but at least you could overcome the Tower with the natural progression of your gear, not what happens here that they have set a fixed difficulty thanks to the scaling.

“Rules for thee, not for me” - I’ll let you guess who said this

5 Likes

When even Bilquis has turned on you, you done messed up bad.

1 Like

:rofl: what a clown

4 Likes

Which trinkets are people using for the mage tower that are so broken? Going to be doing guardian druid mage tower pretty soon, wouldn’t mind the extra boost. Couldn’t care less about the challenge, I just want the cosmetic.

At the moment, I got my hands on mythic Gruul’s Meaty Dragonspire Trophy (with a socket) and Blackhand’s Auto-Repairing Autoclave (also with a socket). I wouldn’t mind swapping out Blackhand’s trinket with something else.

For guardian is what I used.

2 Likes

I can show you how if you want. I’m down to teach. The reality is though you go second wind.

These are what I used as well. They made guardian much more doable. They’re easy to get and require very little in the way of effort to obtain. 20 minutes in HFC, and 2 minutes in Emerald Nightmare. Not that big a deal.

Mechagon trinket with the lazer beam does a pretty significant amount of damage. Nythendra seed pod is also a fairly decent damage boost with a decent amount of leech. I believe there are others that do massive damage but I can’t remember off the top of my head atm. I tried to ghost iron dragonling but I suspect since it was lvl 33 version it was not good since it only did 1% damage and people post trinkets doing their top damage.

1 Like