Mage tower overtuned

Keep in mind: If we believe its claim of an EU character linked in another thread (that it has now deleted), no MT kill until antorus was out. I’m also not sure where the lvl 45 and no enchants BS comes from.

I’m pretty sure its because I said I did some of the challenges at lvl 50 with no enchants - like on my ret and an attempt on my druid - so they are just shifting the benchmark for what’s “hard” so they can continue putting people down. It’s really quite sad.

what???^^^^
Summary. it’s user error, that’s what you quoted from me.

And yet that doesn’t change the fact that the encounters are fundamentally the same.

I didn’t claim that, I said you don’t know, and you know that you don’t know, and you know that I don’t know… meaning you point here is kind of moot. we both don’t know.

I’m so sorry, I wasn’t clear. Can we talk about how to overcome the current mage tower, since you came into a conversation about how one or more people were having trouble, and others were saying its still doable, tried to reach out, then got shut down as cheaters or something. Wanna way in on constructive ways to overcome it?

curses, that damned company wanting me to play the game more. glad no other game devs want me playing their game.

I actually dont understand your implication. could be the lack of coffee.

it is about challenge and skill, but there is a range of skill required where the crunch needed (like all content in wow) is the ability to get a bit of better gear.

Yeah, Its like arguing with my dog over whether or not it’s meal time at 3PM (he eats at 12 and 5). The only real argument is “I want this to be true, therefor it is true”

4 Likes

I recommend doing some research for the current Mage Tower and to begin collecting gear and consumables to make the encounters easier. That being said, that stuff will only be supplemental to you successfully pulling off the mechanics and achieving victory.

Good luck!

If only other people were as truthful about their abilities as you are.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Pawzer is trolling. Nobody would seriously make those arguments on an account with virtually 0 accomplishments…would they?

3 Likes

You stated it was a skill issue, not gear issue. I prove it’s more about gear than skill (Especially in relation to DPS)

Yes, I disproved you. What of it?

In most cases, but you don’t get to play them the way you did in Legion especially certain ones like the Holy priest which you have to play very differently this time around.

You did actually, you’re the one that brought up the statement of “I didn’t outgear it”

Sure, spend tons of gold, farm old content for OP gear and trinkets that do 30-40% of ones DPS alone. Most of it comes down to gold and gear with DPS checks.

Or ask for Blizzard to fix and change the MT, which is feedback on the GD forums. The entire reason for the GD forums.

*Waste your time farming for gear for ONE piece of content as well as trying to keep up in current content. Yeah, bad design. Very much the ideas of ‘current devs’ that you keep allowing to perpetuate the game further by defending.

You said you ‘went hard this time because it would be going away’ except it was always coming back, unlike the Legion version which they said would be gone forever after the end.

Those stating that, curiously never actually go at it with the minimum requirements. Which is level 45, and no enchants/consumes. Instead they opt for outgearing it instead, which disproves their entire notion.

Where? Seriously, where?

so whats the latest excuse for the bad players that use all enchants/gear at 60 and still can’t beat it then? Doesn’t using gear make the fights take no skill? if it takes no skill with enchants/gear why isn’t the win rate 100% have YOU beaten it?

lol

I expect nothing from you and your logic still disappoints me. Not looking you up on armory = I used gear. again, genius. Also why would I do that? un hide your profile here and prove show what achieves you had. That is unless you have something to hide lol

3 Likes

Im sure that’s because i have never tried to record myself or stream, it’s something i don’t care at all. Do you have to record yourself now at days every minute you play a game?

But i guess you gotta make assumptions or your narrative falls apart.

I don’t even know what you talk about here, some context would be good because I’m not reading anything you said before if you are just creating scenarios in your own head to push a narrative with no ground.

Wierd, i felt it really well done as you could see from the picture i posted before it only took me 30 tries.

The big difference is that i was looking to improve after every try and not just cry because is not easy.

Folks, please remember… never to argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

5 Likes

You in no way demonstrated why getting a 5th smash is a gear issue.

And you know. I’m not up to date on holy priest. Please enlighten me to all of the differences in mechanics.

In like 6 months or something?

No it doesn’t. It doesnt actually prove anything aside from me knowing I’m not as good as the best bear in the world.

The only fight that has major differences is Shadow priest. In legion, you would just S2M cheese the fight and kill it in P2. Now you have to do P3, 4, and probably 5.

If they have all the timewalking gear, the specific broken enchants, and consumables that are double and etc better than the rest? Yeah, then guess what? It’d be an issue of mechanics/them not playing the class/spec correctly. Basically everyone in said Timewalking gear and so forth however, end up outgearing it given certain trinkets are 30-40% of their DPS alone and then the extra timewalking gear can push it even further basically not having to watch their rotations and skipping some mechanics entirely.

Sorry you’re not on my level to figure such things out, I guess?

Profile being ‘hidden’ doesn’t hide your armory for one, so again you failed there. But hey, you kept with the personal attacks and all so.

To counter that, show me a stream of you completing it or else you were piloted too.

Curiously you just made several assumptions, ‘rules for thee but not for me’ I see.

Nope, you told others to ‘git gud’ but you’re not willing to do so yourself. If it was about the challenge/skill and so forth, you would’ve done so at 45 with no enchants/consumes etc. You didn’t, therefore it was about you outgearing something to make yourself feel superior. Which is exactly why you say such things.

I did, even you did. “They were not doing enough DPS” well guess what? Timewalking broken gear increases your DPS a huge ton. They would’ve beaten it with timewalking gear, broken consumes, enchants etc if they had it all if they got that far. Cause guess what? They didn’t fail mechanics.

Feel free to search the forums for holy priest feedback, about how shackle and other abilities don’t work correctly in this version making them have to completely change how they go about it. Not to mention the NPC damage being very high with the NPCs they’re supposed to defend getting hit for far more than early Legion.

Little over 3.

Is the mage tower harder than it was during Legion? I’d say so, sure.

Is the mage tower overtuned? Debatable.

Is the mage tower impossible though? Absolutely not. This is the kind of content that you have to play the hell out of your mind to succeed in. Attaining the victory gives off one of the most rewarding feelings you can get. This is what it means to overcome challenges. So good luck and never give up!

1 Like

I kind of wish that each challenge gave a reward instead of just the set for any of them. Also curious as to how they’re going to handle challenge modes, if they do bring those back eventually for mop-wod timewalking.

how do you run face first into the right answer then double back immediately? if gear makes these fights trivial why doesn’t everyone have it like in 7.3? do YOU have it?

all the moving goal posts and nonsense arguments make for an interesting “level” you do you bud

blah blah blah blah un hide your profile coward

2 Likes

I would love to see a return of MoP/WoD CM’s in some capacity.

1 Like

It can, but nothings there. You can still find an armory with just a character name (pawzer) and a server (moon guard)