Mage Tower: Harder Than Original, No Original Rewards

Yea this is stupid. Ima get this done but it is utterly stupid that people facerolling this got some of the most and in case of DH the only good best desgined mog at end of legion.

And blizz wont make anything as cool ever again cuz reason.

I should be getting original MT weapons for this.

no wonder why people are quiting in masses. if I find this annoying no way your average wow player is gonna wanna put up with this after waiting for it to only come arround once a year.

2 Likes

Not sure why you are all complaining you get duplicates of the exact same sets you already have for overcoming it in different colors. Be grateful to the overlords for putting so much imagination into the rewards.

1 Like

Look again and it’s my guilds run

After AOTC I left my paladins progress and started a hunter, they too decided to take a break

And now my hunter, that was alliance, is now horde and I’m once again progressing with a new guild

I can only speak for the tank one for now, I would say is on par with Tomb of Sargeras skill wise. It took me 12-13 to kill it now, when it took me +50 to do it in legion(with Nighthold mythic ilv).

If they allowed artifacts/legendaries that means everyone would be required to go farm them up just to do the mage tower if they didn’t have them already.

And people act like they screwed up by not allowing those? Because they would instantly be mandatory and balanced around.

That’s straight up something Blizzard did right.

Yet another thread about “give me back the original rewards”

So…

I went back to look on my original character to check the date of my first mage tower completion, and the date shows 05/01/2017. This is quite a lot earlier than most ever completed it, believe I was first Rdruid on my server to rock the staff.

Without having yet stepped in there (going to in a few), I can say it took many many many many many many (did I say many) headbashing attempts with bad gear and a garbo legendary due to bad RNG at the time.

In time and absolutely PERFECT execution of these encounters I’m sure more people will begin to see that the difficulty is what it needs to be. Intentionally very challenging. Not that I have tons of faith in Blizzard tuning, but I’m betting right now that this is the case for this.

Perhaps later, as they often do, they will tune it down a bit to allow more people the freedom to finally obtain some of the cool stuff that just can’t quite get through some of the phases.

3 Likes

yeah all your runs you are the lowest from everyone thats why that person assumed you bought it.

1 Like

People were expecting Argus mage tower and we got Tomb of Sargeras one. Not the hardest it ever was, but not a cake walk. I like this, it would have been boring to 1 shot all of them.

1 Like

Why do you want the exact same content done yet again?

I mean all I have to do is pick up my paladin and log myself once more and they’ll be purple parses

But my main focus now is my hunter and a warrior I’m preparing for 9.2

So let them scream carries all they want the truth is it was my guilds run

its not even that you are literally 20ilvs below eveyone you run with in all your kills.

Yes cause they were helping me gear up at the same time too

Switch it to item level and…

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/911061686386044980/917839211745386518/Screenshot_20211207-120443.jpg

A carry is 0 DPS for both parses

I disagree, It’s a test of skill. It’s optional, and gives cosmetics. It’s meant to be a status symbol so make it mean some thing. You don’t need to do it for any reason other than bragging rights, so it should be worth bragging about.

2 Likes

Nobody said you bought it, just that you got one, but I guess we can take that as admission. You can’t even clear current content kid.

4 Likes

The new implementation of the mage tower had the sole purpose of getting people to resub.

My hunter is higher item level

When I got the Sylvanas bow I decided to gear my hunter instead

I’m now on horde since then

ok dude i pointed out why they said you got carried. you are 20ilv lower then everyone in your kills. anyone would assume you got carried either paying for it or by guild/friends. whats your point?

3 Likes

Clearly, FOMO is working wonderfully! It’s plain to see how the game is thriving and overflowing with players and active subs! No one would dream of leaving/cancelling sub with FOMO retaining everyone!

2 Likes

Then post on the character, because we have literally no reason to believe a thing you’re saying. And we still know you got carried.

4 Likes