Mage Tower - Artifact appearances

You don’t have to have everything in the game. It’s ok not to have everything in the game.

Let it go.

4 Likes

Absolutely not. I worked my butt off on my guardian druid specifically because it was limited time. I 100% understand why you want another chance and am sorry you missed the opportunity (there are appearances I wish I’d gotten). However, NO. If it had been announced that it would later be available, I would not have literally spent the last week of Legion learning to play Guardian Druid competently whilst gearing up, just to throw myself at the Mage Tower with 40+ deaths (over the course of a night) trying to get it.

The opening dialogue is BURNED into my head now. So… no. No second chances, no return to the Legion mage tower. I would however, be all for a NEW mage tower with new rewards in Shadowlands - because that would be awesome. But returning something that was specifically stated to be limited time? Absolutely not.

2 Likes

That’s part of being faithful to the community. I have tons of mounts, pets, toys. transmog, etc etc that many other people cannot obtain.

I like that about the game. I put in time where someone else didn’t and now I have something cool and unique to show off. Not to mention they give me memory’s of what I did during current content to get them. Some extremely hard while others not so much. However still good memory’s.

What memory would you have? Just that they put it back in the game because enough people cried about it? That’s lame sorry

Their is plenty in the game that I don’t have myself too, that I always would love to have. However I don’t want them added back into the game at all.

I knew when they were out they were limited time. If i didn’t take the chance to get them it’s on me.

A good example is Wearbear form. I had a druid in legion who I could have gotten that form on. However I didn’t get it done, and now highly regret it. I don’t want it handed to me though, and anytime I see a bear with the form i’m like niceeeeee dude because I know what he did for it and that its cool and unique.

Another example was not completing the last two challenge mode dungeons in Pandaria that I needed. Regret not getting that beautiful hunter set to this day.

Yet once again I don’t want them to put it back into the game. The people who put in the time deserve the reward they earned themselves I don’t.

1 Like

Same after many headaces and wipes i agree it wasn’t fun for me but i got the 10 skins i wanted most.

No, it’s in the past
It’s time to move on to new such option
Those who did it deserve the unique look to remain that way

Sorry, bringing the challenges back simply wouldn’t work.

With Azerite our classes and power is much to radically different to make the fights similar to Legion.

I am however 100% for the addition of a Mage Tower 2.0, we need more of this design in the game.

Old topic. Dead topic, Not gonna happen idea. Like it or not, some things do need to be put to bed when the next following expansion is released. Plus, If I recall, we were given advanced warning it would happen and not a line in a weekly hotfix. People had plenty of time to farm the looks when it was relevant content.

3 Likes

This is my experience as well.

Only I’m a terrible druid, so instead of 40 wipes I was bordering 170…

Everyone acting like Classic is where wow was difficult. Unbelievable. There wasn’t a single thing in Classic that made me sweat up a storm like the Mage Tower. Not even close.

1 Like

I understand this sentiment entirely but I’d rather see them make new challenge content with new rewards. If they wanna mix the old mage tower skins in for a new kind of challenge that would be fine imo

1 Like

You recall correctly. People knew months in advance that it was going down when the first patch for BFA was dropping.

I’m not triggered. Not caring is the very opposite of triggered, obviously. I just don’t understand why you were telling me that.

Might as well bring back every discontinued appearance and mount that’s ever been offered in the game! I :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Short answer: No
Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo.

3 Likes

Nope

#tenchar

Will give you all the reasons why this is a poor idea. I AM however bummed, they never did a mage tower equivalent in BFA (but those would be with DIFFERENT rewards).

3 Likes

For Blizz to bring back the mage tower they have to bring back the MIST legendary cloak.

Once you reopen one event you have to open them all. And you also have to wait the same length of time.

I wasn’t happy that Blizz put the 10th anniversary mount in the BMHA that sells for only 200k cuz it’s up very often.

Getting time sensitive rewards after the event is over is BS.

Move to a new reward system and Don’t look back.

Talk of a new druid form appearance for the new races…with an old challenge. This already doesn’t make sense.

New challenge mode, new rewards. Same as always. BfA skipped it for some reason, and that is the actual issue. We need a BfA mage tower equivalent. And then a Shadowlands mage tower equivalent…which MoP/WoD had in their own forms.

1 Like

As someone who got a lot of those… I dont care if ppl could get the appearences now.
I am not special in any way just because I have the mage tower or the Pandaria elite stuff.
Damn… why ppl always care about what other ppl have or will have, play your game the way you enjoy and stop saying how others should.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be right for Blizz to bring it back since they did tell everyone well in advance that it was going away.

A lot of people where under the time sensitive event to work on the mog they wanted. Some spent a good many nights getting killed over and over.

A lot of good memories came from it and to bring it back well you might as well just put it in the store to buy. It’s not about being special it’s just about good memories or stories that you had while getting it.

People enjoy the journey so don’t take that away.

1 Like

And I disagree with you, the game needs more time sensitive trophies to provide incentives. I missed out on WoD challenge modes. I have no one to blame but myself. I would not ask they be removed simply because I missed out and the challenge other people willingly put themselves through be diminished.

1 Like