Mage Tower - Artifact appearances

I wouldn’t say no to being able to get the Frost Mage skin from the Mage Tower, its literally the only one I liked. Maybe put the event up for one weekend a year, tuned to then-current mechanics. Give you an option of either an old reward or a new one.

Why because it’s natural to a human.

Do you think rich people buy a Ferrari to look like everyone else? No, they do it to get laid.

No different in wow, people want to stand out. Which is a good thing.

If we all wore the same exact transmog and played the same classes, and had the same things WoW would get rather boring quickly.

2 Likes

I’d be totally okay with reintroducing the Mage Tower again so as long as the appearances remain unobtainable.

They should’ve done this in BFA, but god forbid they put some effort in…

2 Likes

Or they buy it to experience a level of automotive excellence that’s be refined over the past nearly 80 years in some of the most stylish cars ever to grace tarmac.

Even then, you are buying it because it’s unique. It’s special in your eyes, and many other people will turn heads when they see you in it.

You wouldn’t buy it and put it in a shipping container for nobody to ever see. You would be showing it off to friends and family. No different than a rare mount in WoW.

1 Like

I wouldn’t care if they brought them back somehow but I am of the disposition that all models should remain in the game and be obtainable in some fashion.

Would be nice if you could unlock colors for the artifacts across all classes rather then the one character that unlocked the weapon.

2 Likes

Sure why not.

As someone who didn’t get many of these. I DO care if people get the appearances now.

As it stands there are countless appearances available for transmog and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having less than 1% of those being unobtainable due to skilled/timed events.

I love when I can see a MoP armor set, turn my head and see the effort someone may have put in for it.

I love when someone sees my Frost mage and loves the look of my staff that I put over 100 attempts in despite not knowing how to play the class because I NEEDED that appearance.

I’m more curious why people think this is some ironclad retort. If everyone has an appearance it loses it’s luster. That’s why you don’t see everyone walking around in Judgement or Bloodfang armor.

5 Likes

And what a joke those are with modern gear and stat values. Take Shattered Halls for instance. Beating the execution timer used to be a challenge. In every single timewalking, SH is like a 10 minute deal.

Too much changes with classes and gear, it would not be possible to replicate the difficulty in a reliable way. Not to mention some classes have lost abilities that were important for the Mage towers.

It would be much better to see new challenges with new rewards. I don’t even care if they bring back the same appearance with different colors or something, but that was all tied to the artifacts and Legion.

1 Like

Seriously. These people asking for the challenge tower back are also the ones hoping it’s brought back as a 110 version they can just tunnel dps and easily burst it down. They’ll be the first to complain it’s overtuned when they can’t bruteforce it.

Not all of them, but I’d bet my life people would complain it’s too hard on the forums.

A far better way to go about it.

5 Likes

Are people really in favor of Blizzard breaking it’s word? It’s not even that I want to feel special, it’s because having a company break it’s word because someone wants shinies sets a very bad precedent. NO ONE should be encouraging Blizzard to go against it’s word.

1 Like

We’re talking about removed content being restored, it’s not like they’re breaking a law here. Good grief.

We all know they’re not going to do it anyway so these threads are always moot. I just voice my opinion in the hopes they’ll stop removing content in the future.

1 Like

Did they or did they not say the mage tower was limited time only? It’s a simple yes or no question.

If you want them to return the rewards that were promised to be limited time only, then yes, you’re encouraging them to break thier word. Period. I never said anything about breaking the law, lol.

It sets a bad precedent.

I’m 100% for another mage tower with different rewards. Even if they are a recolor.

Yes and no.

No bringing back the original.

Yes to bringing a new mage tower like challenge.

1 Like

Did they or did they not say they’d never make classic servers? Did they say we’d never be able to transmog legendaries? Did they say they want ilevel to determine when an item is an upgrade?

Blizzard’s “word” means nothing.

Did they promise this? Did it break their word implement any of that?

Uh… yes? That’s literally why I used those as examples?

Source then? Where did they specifically promise that they wouldn’t come back?

It should be brought back 100%. Limited time content is stupid in every way. AOTC mounts should not be removed, they should be made into loot with a standard mount drop chance. Challenge mode gear and weapons should be brought back for currency. The legendary item quest chains from MOP and WOD should be brought back because removing story quests is ridiculous. Recipes and transmogs from previous expansions should be added back. The list goes on.