Bring back the Mage Tower

I know it’s meant to keep people’s accomplishments as rare, however if it was a timed event scaled to our current ilvl it would keep the rarity while giving us who didn’t play Legion the chance to get those achievements (and the sexy weapon xmogs).

Please consider making it an event once or twice a year for a couple of weeks. Or maybe make it a scavenger hunt like the Lucid Nightmare.

29 Likes

No.

82 Likes

I didn’t get a chance to get all the Mage Towers done, and I kick myself for it.

Yet I still say no to this.

No.

47 Likes

I would be fine if they brought it back. Its just cosmetics. It doesn’t affect anyone.

And before someone tries to say that it does? No. Someone else having a cosmetic you have does not negatively affect you. No matter how much you delude yourself into thinking that it does.

19 Likes

Yes. I got the three pally ones I wanted. I lose nothing if they bring it back.

6 Likes

I’d love another shot at getting all the challenge appearances, but it’ll never happen. It’s meant to remind me that I’m a failure and only successful people deserve anything.

5 Likes

Speaking as someone who wears MoP challenge armor, wields a WoD challenge staff, rides a violet spellwing, and has the three mage mage tower skins…

I wouldn’t care if they brought all the exclusives back in some fashion. I’d actually feel like less of a douchebag if they did, lol.

18 Likes

Grinding levels and gear for the tower doesn’t make them more skilled, they just had more free time to invest in the game.

4 Likes

mage tower appearances are not the hidden appearances. You can still get the hidden appearances.

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad honestly. Those puzzles are just insane. I’d never figure it out on my own, lol. I’m happy sitting back and cheering on the real geniuses in the Secrets discord while they figure it out.

Like seriously, the Gnomeregan code entry thingie…you’d have to be a professional cryptographer or something to figure that one out. xD

6 Likes

Very doubt they ever will. Every expansion has its own exclusive stuff that never comes back. The Mage Tower isn’t alone in that. I still wish I’d done the MoP challenge modes for those sets, but is what it is. Just have to accept it.

9 Likes

The riddle is the first part just to unlock the tower, you’d still need skills to get through it.
Plus the Lucid Nightmare labyrinth requires you to understand the logic behind it (and a lot of luck), no guide can walk you through that.

Right sorry, I mix the two up, I meant the challenge appearances.

Those are M15 dungeons today. They do come back in some way.

No, even though at the time I only bothered getting the appearance for my main’s main spec, and now kind of regret that decision. There will be more time-limited things to get (like the anniversary mounts), so just make sure to get future ones when they come along.

2 Likes

But, it isn’t Legion anymore, so that doesn’t make any sense. It was a legion event tied to legion lore, and was meant to be special and perishable.

They were also designed around Legion abilities, including artifacts.

10 Likes

No. How will some people feel like a special snowflake without limited time rewards?

5 Likes

I would be fine if they didn’t bring it back. Its just cosmetics. It doesn’t affect anyone.

20 Likes

Oh yay another one of these threads.

1 - As you mentioned, limited time event. Whether you see importance in this or not, you’re asking Blizzard to go back on their word.
2 - Every single person who did it within time would not have access to it. It is locked once you complete it. So they reintroduce a limited time event just for those who didn’t bother to play.
3 - It wasn’t just about ilvl. Our abilities are different now. On top of it, azerite traits give every single person who tries it a huge advantage. Prydaz, for example, was OP for those mage towers if you managed to get your hands on it. Most characters, I could not in time. Well, now everyone has a prydaz who wants it. My new DK is walking around with a 70k shield at all times that refreshes every 30 sec.
4 - No. I got bored of listing reasons as I’ve already done this on the other threads. Which you can just google if you can’t find.

12 Likes

i missed the tower, but i wouldn’t want to bring it back exactly as it is, maybe something similar with appearances unique to it

3 Likes