Mage Tower: A Compromise

Why BC dungeons? Does gems not drop in later xpacs that are higher?

How much are said Jim’s going for on the auction house?

Honestly, only use SoO gear if it’s Mythic Warforged or 3 socket options at ilvl 45. Otherwise, try to go for the Crafted Dreadful stuff with Relic of the Past V (helm/chest slot) or IV (belt/pants for living steel belt buckle and angerhide leg armor) and save the 45 minute slog through SoO.

Gems you have to use the +7 stat ones for secondaries, just be careful as the BfA version requires ilvl 50 minimum to socket, while I think WoD ones require 44. Make sure to abuse the BfA unique Primary stat gems, at the gear levels of MT, Primary stats have much more weight than secondaries.

Look into the Heirloom WoD trinkets if you have them, they give extra damage against demons.

Weapons the best if you don’t need a sub-50 enchant are Garrosh Heirlooms, double socket or at least single socket in most cases. Otherwise, Season 3 Warlord has ilvl 46 weapons for sale if you can’t get a socket Mythic SoO ilvl 45 weapon.

1 Like

Also heroic ICC weapon drops have 3 socket weapons if you don’t have garrosh heirlooms. My prot pally is rocking a garrosh 1hander and a shield with 2 gem slots for a total of 4 gem slots.

Talking guardian tower specifically

That crafted gear is way out of my price range on my server. I’m Max and mother working now but I can only create one mat a day. I don’t even know how to get the recipes for that PVP gear lol.

I ran mythic Siege last night and got :poop:. But it was also like 2:30 in the morning And I didn’t go through all my loot lol.

1 Like

are you sure? because it doesn’t sound that way at all based on what people are reporting

1 Like

ICC weapons are what ilvlv though? Or is your goal just sockets? Like straight up sockets

May as well add every stipulation you’re going to add in right now.

Because as soon as someone does what you ask you’ll add something else

1 Like

Bro, idk how to tell you this, but its been done. It’s entirely doable.
I watched friends do it on discord streaming and I did it myself (minus the bfa pots, which you apparently consider cheating, but even then I know I could’ve done it without them).
You just need to play correctly.

If you have a friend with a lvl 44-45 toon you can trade chromie time tbc runs!

1 Like

Blizzard disagrees with this, supposedly the completion rates are not very good at all according to the blue post from yesterday.

1 Like

Which trink is it? I’m planning on starting my bear once I complete my paladins fight.

interesting. did they talk about their design philosophy for the TW version? it’s surprising they missed the mark by so much, if that’s the case!

For sticking 3 BC heroic gems in them. Remember gear scales so it’s about using as much OP gems. 3 gems with +5 of your primary chosen stat

1 Like

Nor are cutting CE achievements. But it’s still doable.

Where did you get that silly idea ?

They could have disabled sockets if they wanted. They didn’t. If you try to socket Strength in your druid set, it’s never going to be “equal”. So I don’t get where you think using Strength pots should be equal to agi pots.

It’s not that it’s not balanced, it’s that stuff reacts differently when downscaled. Remember when the WoD legendary ring in Timewalking would increase your damage by 0.80% at the downscaled ilvl instead of teh crazy 30%+ it was at WoD ilvls ?

That’s just how scaling works.

They’re only patching things that aren’t scaling at all.

They don’t. That’s only for a few specific challenges.
“We are currently evaluating the data regarding Mage Tower success rates, and we have identified that some of the challenges for certain specializations are more difficult than intended. We will return once we have more information to provide on what changes we have planned to bring those specializations more in line with the rest.”
They’re not doing a blanket nerf to the mage tower - heck, some challenges need to be buffed! Just some specs are disproportionately affected.

I wish they shared that data, though.

2 Likes

From the daily on Isle of Thunder, I think you turn in daily mats to buy them. I had them all from playing Mists.

iirc doing your daily refine rewards them actually so you can only get one random piece unlocked per day

Ravaged seed pod - 1 min cd.

Drops from first boss of Emerald nightmare.

1 Like

From what are you getting this ?

You realise sockets were disabled in WoD CMs right ? If they wanted to disable sockets and that was the intent, they would have.