Mage Tower: A Compromise

I really would love to see a video of you doing it.

You think the people that were asking for the return of mage tower wanted a version that required perfection to complete? This timewalking MT was made to sound like a fun reason to come back to the game as content for everybody.

1 Like

I’m done with exams after tomorrow and strongly considering making one over the weekend. My only concern with doing it is I’m not confident to one-shot it, and I still want to try and do all 36 before it goes away :confused:
I’m at like 12/36 atm i think. Just missing the healer challenge for the mount.

Are you sure about that? Because I think that’s not the case and sockets worked in WoD CMs just fine…

1 Like

IMO they need to keep the difficulty as-is and just make it around permanently. This takes the pressure off people to get it done right now (or else have to wait for months and months to squeeze in another week of attempts), which I think would make the difficulty easier to swallow for many.

They worked fine in Mists CMs.

They were disabled in WoD CMs.

That’s why most people waited for Spinner trinket from HFC to do Gold CMs.

Here’s to hoping you do! But, I understand.

I only know one person who has done it now. He is super young and gets to play constantly. He thinks its super over tuned. Hoping to do better tonight. This old mama bear is getting angry about having to get certain pieces to help me. I certainly do not have your talent - 17 pulls!!

lol, oh wait, are you serious?
lmao.

Seriously though, I did it with the gear I have one. Current SL gear.

Which as-is ? Fury Warrior or Resto Shaman ?

Not at all. They wanted the 7.3 walk all over it blind version. I’m glad they got this one lol. Welcome to the original MT

3 Likes

I’ve completed the challenge and it is 100% overtuned. I will be the first to admit I got lucky with mine. I didn’t use a TW set or anything but I did use old legendaries for the stats mainly, but it did take a perfect run with luck. I’m ok with them nerfing it, as long as it’s still a challenge and not just a log in overpower it and leave.

You’re glad Blizzard is creating more resentment at a time the game is literally bleeding its last subs ?

I know what I’m talking about. All of them have been beaten by various people. Don’t try and give me some forums BS simply because you find it hard.

Yeah, sure. If you’re not open to discussion, then that’s on you. I’m CONFIDENT it IS doable, but there’s another question as to whether or not it SHOULD be as “difficult” as it is.

But what you just said and what other people are saying as a community are different. The concept behind mage tower is and always HAS been a challenge mode. That was said since slands beta that they thought about bringing it back as a SOLO CHALLENGE MODE.

It’s fine to say “kruul could use a 5% hp nerf” to make it tight, but much more manageable (literally 5-8 seconds off the 5th annihilate timer based on my dps which definitely wasn perfect). Especially because even if you die, the NPCs do like 3-5% of his hpif you die and nether horror adds arent up.

It’s NOT fine to say “EVERY CHALLENGE IS OP AND IMPOSSIBLE BLIZZ PLZ NERF”. Especially when 99.9% of players aren’t even trying to fix their errors or improve to actually PROG the challenges.

Yeah, if I make it I’ll post in my original thread!

1 Like

Nah. Arms war is one of the easiest, but ww/frostmage/demo lock are actually idiot proof. They’re almost impossible to lose, because even the “one shot” mechanics dont one shot???
Fury is harder than arms, but that goes to show the desparity. I dont think guardian needs nerfs tbh, but it was relatively one of the harder ones ive done so far. But it’s nowhere NEAR as difficult as disc priest or Rsham, for example.

I hate that ppl are getting angry but I agree - fury warrior is a joke compared to guardian.

There has been people that have beaten the Druid guardian one. Just look around the forums and you will see posts that state as such. Sentenzah seems to not want to accept that fact for some reason. Now I’m not gonna say it isn’t hard, just that it is not impossible. Certainly doesn’t need as much crazy as people are going off on though.

No one is coming back permanently or leaving permanently over the Mage Tower.

I’m glad they actually delivered on the challenging “solo” content.

1 Like

I love how if you don’t want one extreme it means you want the other in the eyes of people. “Oh you don’t want a MT experience that requires you to spend tons of gold on consumes, sockets, enchants and tw gear? that must mean you want to oneshot the boss” There is this thing called “balance” which is what people want. People want an experience that is challenging and requires skill to beat, but doesn’t require you to be in complete BIS in regards to the scaling on the challenges.

2 Likes

Bro, I made a post that I beat it using slands pvp gear and basically no trinkets ~an hour after it came out LOL. Trust me, I know!